DIY Make dpfi flow better - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch
Default DIY Make dpfi flow better

We all like a better flowing intake, whether it be stock or aftermarket. What if you are like me and prefer the sleeper look?? Well this should help anybody even the mechanically challenged. I like the idea of a quiet intake system so I use the stock one. The OEM intake box and tube are great for quietness, gas milage and no heatsoak. Once you look closer at the system youll see why its so quiet and no so perfomance oriented. Maybe this will help some of you sleepers out there.

You start by removing the top section of your intake filter box. Flip it over, if you have a 88-91 civic/crx then yours should look like this.

See all the ridges and edges to catch air and create turbulance??? You then need a pair of pliers to remove the major pieces inside, using the pliers to grab the lip, hold tighty and twist the pliers..

Do it slowly and take your time....when done you should have something like this.

Now using a drill with a grinding stone on it.....

Keep it flat and moving, plastic will melt really fast when doing this, keep it moving to remove the parts not gotten with the pliers. I also use a knife in the edges and corners where the stone wont get in too..

Once thats all done youll want to hand sand it. Start big like higher grit then go to a smaller like 1000 grit. Note this isnt for looks so if you want it to be pretty then dont do it, or you can sand forever. The more the better really.

You should have a top similar to this when done. Alot less restricting now huh?

make big differences on these engines. Hope this helps someone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My kanjozoku project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i also took the time to remove the intake resonator from the fender well and cut the bottom off the lower section of the airbox. Like this.....

The two top brackets hold the box in fine, dont worry if you cut off the bottom bracket......There youre done, enjoy you better flowing intake.

For a bonus kick throw in a K&N high flow filter. This setup flows a little better, better throttle response and you can do yourself.

For DPFI owners only.

If you have the Dual point still you can make improvments in the system by porting the throttle box(round thing).

First pull the top off. Then remove the brass noise bracket, its one screw. Then using the same method for the above do the box. When done youll have something like this.....

Thanx for reading......cheap little things can make big differences on these engines. Hope this helps someone.

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

i thought the brass thing in the round thing was a restrictor plate

but all and all good work. rep

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoussquid View Post
i thought the brass thing in the round thing was a restrictor plate

but all and all good work. rep
thanks man

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 33 reviews

I did this on mine a couple months ago haha

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG6-Jarhead View Post
I did this on mine a couple months ago haha
lol does it got a better air flows?

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

still will be injector/TB limited.

92-95 whp max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post

92-95 whp max.
yeah? idk bout that one lmao

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post

92-95 whp max.
Yeah somehow I don't see smoothing out the airboxes to unleash the mad horsepowers restrained within the mighty D15B1.

Good write up though. Mine already had the bottom of the airbox cut out when I got it, should go see if the PO did anything to the top of it. Might just have to do it anyways if I'm bored enough. My dremel doesn't get enough excersize these days.
sv762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv762 View Post
Yeah somehow I don't see smoothing out the airboxes to unleash the mad horsepowers restrained within the mighty D15B1.

Good write up though. Mine already had the bottom of the airbox cut out when I got it, should go see if the PO did anything to the top of it. Might just have to do it anyways if I'm bored enough. My dremel doesn't get enough excersize these days.

thanks man,
and yeah i know it doesnt unleash the mad HPs out from that lol

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

every little bit helps haters

good write up

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
every little bit helps haters

good write up
thanks man rep return

My kanjozoku project

Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougshatch View Post
yeah? idk bout that one lmao
I do.

Look into SCCA ITB/ITC and how I wanted to try to help on the ECU side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

doug makeing a diy wow just wow i have seen it all. Good job doug im sure its a good add on to the mighty dpfi

I ♥ my Honda

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90zchatchy View Post
doug makeing a diy wow just wow i have seen it all. Good job doug im sure its a good add on to the mighty dpfi
lol thanks man i got bored and totally forgot about my DIY airflows, so i decide to post it up

My kanjozoku project

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

were you bored doug? LOL

nice write up.

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onatop View Post
were you bored doug? LOL

nice write up.
yup very bored as fuck

and thanks bro

My kanjozoku project

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
yup very bored as fuck

and thanks bro

shit i was so bored last week due to work being slow that i went to the junk yard and made eight obd0 to obd1 jumpers. hahaha.

i feel your pain.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onatop View Post

shit i was so bored last week due to work being slow that i went to the junk yard and made eight obd0 to obd1 jumpers. hahaha.

i feel your pain.

no way are you kidding me?! can you do the dpfi-mpfi harness? cause i need to do the mpfi swap nigga lol

My kanjozoku project

Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Quote:
no way are you kidding me?! can you do the dpfi-mpfi harness? cause i need to do the mpfi swap nigga lol
those things are a piece of cake dougie. all i have to do is find someone to test my jumpers. lol.

i will go to the junkyard tomorrow to pick up some more shit so i will pull a dpfi harness and convert one for you so you can stop running that dual point shit. LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in