how do u reset airbags honda civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2004, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
tigasnatigas

Post how do u reset airbags honda civic

hey guys i need help reset my airbags in my honda civic pls help.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

reset? you mean they went off? you need new airbags or go to the dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
reset? you mean they went off? you need new airbags or go to the dealer
Don't fuck around with those! Not if you want to use them again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
bspeed

you want to reset them, get a non-srs steering wheel and uplug the srs unit under the center console...wha-la srs is reset. no more pesky explosives 15 inches from your nuts.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Airbags suck!!!
It BURNS>>>>
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

kept me from kissing my steering wheel. I'd rather have a small skin burn for a couple of days, than fuck up my face for life.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
pitchblacktyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspeed
you want to reset them, get a non-srs steering wheel and uplug the srs unit under the center console...wha-la srs is reset. no more pesky explosives 15 inches from your nuts.
i second this.. however, its so not legal.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Photonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respectPhotonic_Si  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Photonic_Si

What do you mean by RESET? have they gone off? LOL

My SRS saved my face too. No burns, only whiplash!

mugen無限power
Photonic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
bspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gftgrill
kept me from kissing my steering wheel. I'd rather have a small skin burn for a couple of days, than fuck up my face for life.
I think airbags are a wonderful invention and every year they get better with speed dependant deploying and auto tensioning seatbelts....blah blah blah.....you get the point.

HOWEVER, airbags are meant to protect you from whatever direction they blow. Falling over from sitting onto your face onto a pillow it is soft right? Now kneel down and have Sammy Sosa wind up and swat you in the face with the same pillow, if you head is still attatched you will still be unhappy with the outcome. I worked as an EMT in San Diego for a year before getting into nursing school and I saw some nasty airbag injuries (granted I would rather be hurt than dead) but the single worst injury I saw was where a Late 90's Toyota tacoma was backed into in a parking lot (like 10mph) the steering wheel bag deployed. The woman who was in the Toyota had her hands at 10and2 (drivers ed. style) both of her radials and ulnas (the bones in your forearms) were broken from the bag, that is FOUR broken bones. Burns from airbags are getting off easy if you ask me.

Anyway yeah disonecting SRS components are illegal, but so are sohcZC's in California. sorry for the rant about airbags I just feel they are just a better than dying device and not a replacement for wearing your seatbelt and driving intelligently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in