MAP Sensors galore- A full listing of the sensors we offer - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Vendor Member Section D-series.org Affiliates

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default MAP Sensors galore- A full listing of the sensors we offer

I figured I would make this thread outlining all the options you have for MAP sensors so everyone would know all the choices that are out there.

First up is the DIY stock enclosure sensor. This goes on your tb in place of the stock sensor (obviously this won't work for those of you with a firewall mounted map, we have options for you though, look further down in this thread).

We have these packaged with 2.5, 3, or 4 bar sensors, all for the same low price of $75.

For more info:
http://www.xenocron.com/diy-xenocron...kit-p-336.html

These are also available for K-series on our site.

Next up we have the Hondata 4 bar, which is basically a completed version of the above DIY sensor. If you can't solder, this is the option for you. These are $130 ($140 for K-series), more info can be found here: http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/hond...sor-p-324.html

Here we have the popular GM style 3 bar, which is $65 and comes with a new plug for you to wire in. A fairly simple install, but it will require that you cut your factory harness unless you make some sort of jumper/conversion. You will also need to mount the sensor and run a boost/vac reference line to it.

Sorry the pic is so small, here is the link for more info: http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/3-ba...-gm-p-195.html

Next we have the GM style 3.5 bar, for those who need a little more boost than the 3 bar can support (extra handy if you already had the 3 bar wired in since these use the same plug). More info: http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/35-b...kit-p-295.html

Here are AEM's sensors, available in 3.5 and 5 bar, which must screw into your intake manifold (some aftermarket manifolds already have ports that will work for this, others will have to tap their manifold or use an adapter or barbed fitting). These are $139. More info here:http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/aem-...sor-p-266.html

Here is one of our most popular sensors, the Motorola 2.5 bar. At just $35, its one of the most affordable options for those seeking more boost than the stock sensor can handle. These will support up to 21.75 psi. You must run a line to the sensor and find a way to mount it, but for the price its tough to beat.
http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/moto...kit-p-194.html

Another affordable option is our 3/4 bar sensors that we assemble here ourselves. They are $45. They work very well, but are not as easy to mount as some of the other options. The interesting thing about these is that they are small enough to fit into a hollowed out stock casing if you want.

http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/xeno...bar-p-216.html

These are also available in a DIY version for $25:

http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/xeno...kit-p-217.html

I think thats about it, feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by ghettoturbo; 01-16-2009 at 09:23 AM.
ghettoturbo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody

bump...feel free to ask questions guys
Old 11-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 BustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Just ordered a 3 bar DIY kit. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BustyRucket is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustyRucket View Post
Just ordered a 3 bar DIY kit. Thanks!
no, thank you! I really think we have an option here for everyone, from the thrifty DIY'er to the baller
Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

bump for boost
Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

i got a 4 bar diy kit and i love it! great deal too

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jew View Post
i got a 4 bar diy kit and i love it! great deal too

stock casing ftw
Old 12-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Its the time of the year to get a bigger map sensor so you can be ready to up the boost when it warms up again
Old 01-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Im so pissed there is no more MJ smiley
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Ya tha MJ smiley was baller.

Got my 3 bar from you guys. Great service as always

*I miss the thumbs up smiley too.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post

Got my 3 bar from you guys. Great service as always

Thank you sir, we try
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I think I found a suitable replacement

Last edited by ghettoturbo; 01-21-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

bump from the dead...even if you don't buy from us I think this is good info about the different options that are out there.

-Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in