Honda D Series Forum banner

Spal fans

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  NastyHabitzCRX 
#1 ·
Tired of your turbo car overheating? Hit us up for some of the best fans on the market! These fans are small and pack a mean punch. We use them on our own cars with great results, even without the use of a shroud. Protect your investment with a little insurance. :TU:

See less See more
#5 ·
price on shipped to 20119?

#10 ·
Depends on your budget. I have personally used the 13in with great success. It is a very snug fit on the rad but moves some serious air @1710 CFM. They have released a very powerful 12in that is a little more but moves 1870CFM. I would suggest the 12in with a shroud. Some people have used Fal shrouds and modded them for the Spal. Now the only thing with these high output fans, is they require the use of a relay as they pull some pretty hefty amps.
Price shipped to 71270, need a puller appropriately sized for half-size radiator.
pm'd
Need one shipped to 35404. 12" Whats the CFM spec on the 12"? I need a pusher.
Pm'd, the high output one pushes 1870 CFM

#11 ·
Just to let you know these fans do require the use of a relay. The HO is a 13amp and the extreme is 60. You should be able to source these relays pretty easy. I can talk to Bob about making shrouds for these if there is enough interest. They are not cheap but would the fans work that much better.

#18 ·
maybe you can help me browse thier catalogue?

looking for something to replace my A/C fan on my wife's EK.

new compressor, exp valve, all new seals and lines, flushed and charged to spec. but the air won't go below 55* :rant2:

now my EG on the other hand, has a 12"slim fan(forgot the name) and nearly the exact same set-up(possibly different evaps only but could just be the case that holds the evap that's different). yet gets as low as 37* on the freeway and around town ~42* (outside temps in the upper 90s).

i am positve the diffrence has to be in airflow over the condensor. the EG has the fan mounted inside the stock shroud.

if you have an extra Ek fan shroud maybe you see if any of those fans you have may fit well? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.