The Tunerview RD1 Display is here!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Vendor Member Section D-series.org Affiliates

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default The Tunerview RD1 Display is here!!!

The RD1 is now in stock!

Here is a list of just a few of the many, many features this unit has to offer:

5x3" Black And White Display (4.7x2.5" Active Area).

Fully Configurable Layouts With RD 1 Drag And Drop Design Software. Add Gauges, Bar Graphs, Text Items, And Lights Anywhere On The Screen.

Multiple Layout Pages.

Export And Share Layouts In The Online Community.

Odometer Support With Programmable Base Mileage And Trip Odometer.

Menu System With Easy Access To Settings And Features.

Datalog Through The TunerView With NepTune, NepTune RTP, eCtune, Crome (Crome Pro).

Backlight Adjustment.

Supports NepTune, NepTune RTP (Original and Demon), Hondata S300, Hondata K-Pro, eCtune (Demon And CN2 Port), Crome (CN2 Port, No Demon), And AEM EMS.

For more info take a look here: Xenocron Tuning Solutions: Tunerview RD1

-Jay
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

SEXY!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Has Chris talked to JR anytime recently? I'm interested if they are going to make different color screen and backlight combos like with the Tunerview II.

I no longer tune, only on occasion
I fabricate
CFab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFab View Post
Has Chris talked to JR anytime recently? I'm interested if they are going to make different color screen and backlight combos like with the Tunerview II.

Good question, I'll look into it.

Edit: Looks like there are no current plans for other color options.

-Jay

Last edited by ghettoturbo; 01-27-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

So I cant tune with the tunerview? Just make custom digital gauges to look at instead of my real gauges?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
So I cant tune with the tunerview? Just make custom digital gauges to look at instead of my real gauges?

Bingo, its function is as a display (although you can check/clear codes on most systems). The cool thing is that you can configure it to suit your needs, and it looks badass too

-Jay
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

I'm gonna use mine as a fancy gauge cluster. It can display AFR, Oil pressure, coolant temp, boost gauge, actual digital RPM, warning lights, etc etc.

Just have one fancy screen instead of clustering up my dash/A pillar with a bunch of crappy little gauges.

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
I'm gonna use mine as a fancy gauge cluster. It can display AFR, Oil pressure, coolant temp, boost gauge, actual digital RPM, warning lights, etc etc.

Just have one fancy screen instead of clustering up my dash/A pillar with a bunch of crappy little gauges.
I am aware of this as well as other devices ability to log most of the parameters you listed however, I am unaware of its method of getting a signal from the oil pressure sensor. Does the unit itself have an input for this reading? Or is there some trick to making a honda ecu read oil pressure that I am unaware of?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano

I'm sure it's capable of displaying pressure, but IDK if it can get pressure from the stock sensor. I haven't hooked mine up yet so I'm not sure. (I might've just been fan boying it a bit since it's sitting in my hands and I feel like a kid on Christmas)

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 06-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!

I dont imagine it getting pressure from the stock sensor, that sensor can only tell if your above or below what I believe to be about ~4psi , its purpose is just to let you know you have no oil pressure.

My question is that I have seen on a couple occasions now people mention reading oil pressure in some form of datalogger which is essentially what the tunerview is. As far as my current understanding of the honda ecu circuitry there is no oil pressure input or variable resistance circuit to ground that is available for such readings as would be the sort of output you would get from a sensor like what you would find in the average aftermarket oil pressure gauge.

I feel that this is a misinformed assumption and often wish to correct people on this but am not personally 100% sure on the accuracy of it. Just looking for any verified yes or no answer on this.

Last edited by Tw34k; 06-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Tw34k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Its possible I'm sure. Mt TV2 is capable of displaying fuel preasure and level.................but you have to wire it into the ecu from the sender. No biggie. It's still very nice to have and in such a sexy and convinient package.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 07-01-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Cause this is a Zeno Ron thread and not hrtuning.............
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
I am aware of this as well as other devices ability to log most of the parameters you listed however, I am unaware of its method of getting a signal from the oil pressure sensor. Does the unit itself have an input for this reading? Or is there some trick to making a honda ecu read oil pressure that I am unaware of?
Here ya go.

Wicked Innovation Oil/Fuel Pressure Sending Units - Wicked Innovation
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post

Re-read my post, I am questioning where the signal line from the sensor would go, be it a pin on the ecu or the tunerview device itself. I would also like to know how the honda ecu gets the fuel pressure and level as well, seeing how nothing from the level sender is wired to the ecu and hondas dont have fuel pressure senders.

The honda ecu does not have a bunch of ready and waiting analog signal input lines so I don't see where all these extra sensors are to be wired in.

Last edited by Tw34k; 06-14-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Tw34k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

On the fuel level part, I know I got a fuel level device from Xenocron so that I can somehow get it to display on the RD-1, unfortunately I have to idea how to wire it in, and there seems to be a lack of directions for it as well

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I'm pretty sure you wire it into an empty spot on the ecu, i.e. ELD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in