Experience with Bullseye-BEWARE! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Vendor Member Section » D-series.org Affiliates

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Default Experience with Bullseye-BEWARE!

Normally, we wouldn’t discuss business issues involving other companies on a public forum; however, we feel it’s necessary to address the situation so other people don’t end up in the same situation that we are in.

We have been a distributor of Bullseye Products for almost 14 months. The only issues we’ve had up until this point were poor packaging and missing ID tags on turbos.

Cliff’s Notes:
Purchased an s362 from Bullseye
Nothing but hassle from “Wild” Bill
Blamed the inadequacies of their products on our shop and our tuner
Refused to fix problems with their product
Cut business ties with our shop in an unprofessional manner
We now have a $1700 Bullseye paperweight
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

About a month ago, we finished up a pretty big build, in which we used a Bullseye (s362) turbo. The car was towed to the dyno after we completed the build to get tuned. During the initial engine break in, there was a loud metal on metal contact sound. The car was shut off, the motor was checked, and everything appeared to be fine. The tuner started to tune for boost, and the car would not build any boost. The turbo was checked; we found that the shaft was bent. The turbo was taken off and sent back to Bullseye. I spoke with “Wild” Bill, (that’s what he insists on being called) he blamed the problem on lack of oil pressure. I reassured him that that was impossible, because there was an oil psi gauge on the car, and everything was fine with the oil pressure. We went back and forth on the phone. He went on to say that he would call me back with a price on a new cartridge. When he called back, his tone had changed. He now blamed the problem on the oil being contaminated, not oil pressure. He quoted me a price for the new cartridge ($650). Once again, we went back and forth. I informed him that the oil looked brand new when I removed the oil pan and that there were no signs of contamination. He insisted that the particles that were contaminating the oil were too tiny for the human eye to see, stating that they were “micron small”. Went back and forth again, he told me that “he was putting me to a test to see what kind of man I was”. He stated that “he liked the kind of man that I was” and agreed to a new price for the cartridge, and said that in the long run I would get the money back, because he would refund me a portion of it each time I sold one of their products. In his eyes, it was all about loyalty.

About 3 days later, we received the turbo and installed it; the car was then towed back to the dyno. The tuner called me and stated that he noticed that the shaft was still bent. I told him that I would contact “Wild” Bill and get back to him. Bill stated that “the nut in the end of the shaft gets shaved down, for balancing purposes, and that the shaft was playing tricks on my eyes”. After speaking with the tuner again I was convinced that the shaft was bent, because he said that the shaft wobbled on his finger when he spun it. I called “Wild” Bill once again, he told me to send the turbo back, again.

I spoke to “Wild” Bill 2 days later. He informed me that the shaft was indeed bent, and that I would have to purchase a new shaft. He stated that he spoke to his engineer. Supposedly the engineer had replaced the shaft the first time the turbo was sent in, and had failed to mention that to Bill; therefore I was not charged for it. Bill stated I would be responsible for paying for a new shaft since this was supposedly the second shaft I had bent. I asked him how I was at fault for the second shaft being bent. He stated “UPS bent it during shipping, someone stuck a screwdriver in it, someone took off the housing and put it back on misaligned and tightened down the bolts too tight, or compressor surge”, the car never saw boost. When he realized that my tuner was located outside of my shop, Bill put full blame on him, stating that “my tuner was pulling my chain, and trying to take us to the bank, and that we should tell him to stop”. We have full confidence in all the work that our tuner (Mikey at Profunction) does. At this point I decided it would be best to put an end to the back and forth and pay for the shaft, for the customer’s sake. “Wild” Bill wanted to get me a deal by giving me a used shaft and only charging me for labor. I agreed.

A few days later (Wed. Nov.25th) I received the turbo, again. I opened it up after the holiday weekend, Mon. Nov. 30th, spun the shaft, and noticed right away that the shaft was still bent. I called Bill right away, here’s how the conversation went… “Bill, it’s Bob, I took the turbo out of the box, and the shaft is still bent.” “Did you install it on the car yet”, he said. I replied, “No.” he stated, “I’ll call you back.” He called me back about 30 minutes later. He told me to send the turbo back again, so he could look at it. I told him that I wanted to know what the resolution would be when he saw that the turbo was still bent. He said he couldn’t tell me, and asked me why it took so long to notify him of the problem, insinuating that something had happened in the past few days to cause the problem. I explained that the shop was closed for the holiday, and that I was on vacation from Wednesday afternoon until Monday morning. The conversation got pretty heated. Bill stated that he could no longer do business with us, and hung up on me.

That’s where we stand with this company at this point. We feel that Bullseye handled the matter in a very unprofessional manner. We are cautioning all buyers and distributors to beware of this company.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Specializing in high horse power cars,
Dyno tuning, street tuning, in house fabrication, routine maintenance
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Good way to sink a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

first len..the wheel company now this... thats too bad

they gave up a good distributor, hopefull you will get an apology and a new cartridge for free

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

after they hear about this, im sure something will be done, they are gonna lose a lot of customers once this spreads around the internet. And uhmm Dunno how dumb wild bill is, but seems he is pretty dumb, lets act shitty to a customer when times are hard right now, and to a customer whos words are worth A LOT,as in this shit is gonna spread far and quick. this just costed him a pretty penny.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 03:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness©urbow is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ©urbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
after they hear about this, im sure something will be done, they are gonna lose a lot of customers once this spreads around the internet. And uhmm Dunno how dumb wild bill is, but seems he is pretty dumb, lets act shitty to a customer when times are hard right now, and to a customer whos words are worth A LOT,as in this shit is gonna spread far and quick. this just costed him a pretty penny.

I'll agree with that... This guys is gonna loose some $$$ if he keeps this up.

©urbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Wow, not very profesional.
Remind me never to do buisness with them.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

well I certainly wont ever buy one of their turbos after reading that.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I bought one a year and a half ago. Had problems, sent it back... HALF A YEAR later i get my turbo back - sent it in august got it back january... i had to call numerous times to see what was going on... every time i called they didnt know whos turbo it was - even after calling them 3 times telling them it was mine. After this bullseye is done im never buying another.
Poor customer support all around at bullseye
Celestial Rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i wonder if autoworks has ever had any problems with them... none the less i would never consider one of these again, i would go with ebay instead of having to deal with this shit lol sounds like "wild bill" is a future ebay seller along with his crap customer service... its a shame!

Bone stock f20b turbo 330hp/240tq - sold
Bone stock 97 civic dx hatch - sold
Fully built lsvtec crx 594hp/420tq 110 octane - current
96EKdowork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
fjt

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

Sadly to say but i am going thru a similar situation right now...

By just reading this posts it makes me think that any turbo they get back for warranty theyre going to blame it on some sort of cause thats not covered.. I think they should treat their suppliers, in this case Master Distributors, better than what they are doing now. It really shakes our confidence in selling a product that will most likelly have problems at the time of warrantying(is that even a word?) it.

In my case they also said it was an oil starvation issue and that the turbo was not rebuildable and it needed a bunch of things that basically totalled to a brand new unit...

I had to putmoney out of my pocket to solve the issue and for the customer to be fully satisfied which is what counts the most for me.

Proudly supporting...

fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

aww crap, i bought an s259 from go-autoworks, its still on my car and not running, i have had the turbo for just under a year now, i hope that i dont have this problem either......its still new.......jeez
lakahang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

wow..sounds like a egay turbo is better built and more reliable than this company's turbos...what a shame. they should feel bad for such piss poor quality and customer service regardless of price paid.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjt View Post
Sadly to say but i am going thru a similar situation right now...

By just reading this posts it makes me think that any turbo they get back for warranty theyre going to blame it on some sort of cause thats not covered.. I think they should treat their suppliers, in this case Master Distributors, better than what they are doing now. It really shakes our confidence in selling a product that will most likelly have problems at the time of warrantying(is that even a word?) it.

In my case they also said it was an oil starvation issue and that the turbo was not rebuildable and it needed a bunch of things that basically totalled to a brand new unit...

I had to putmoney out of my pocket to solve the issue and for the customer to be fully satisfied which is what counts the most for me
And that is why I would never hesitate to spend my monies at FJT. Customers first.
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 MoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

damn that sucks... But good looking out for us here at d-series. nice to know the sponsors look out for our best interests.

Quote:

If you see me at the state line with a pick axe, a sledgehammer, and a few splitting wedges, just keep on walkin.
MoSeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 boosted89crx is learning the way of the Dboosted89crx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

wow was really looking forward to buying a bullseye turbo im glad i read this that kinda sucks tho. Feel bad for ya man but thanks for posting this definately made me change my mind
boosted89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I currently own a bullseye turbo and I can tell you I'd never buy another one. I bought mine through Greg and The day I installed it it burned oil. Sent it back and had the same kind of issues with them playing the blame game. Luckily theu fixed it after greg talked with them for a while, but it was not without hassle! Looks like they do it to everyone.

Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Contact me because we sell everything else now besides bullseye now.

RCautoworks,
7434 w 90th
Bridgeview, Illinois
( 708 ) 599 5884

Your one stop shop

Specializing in high horse power cars,
Dyno tuning, street tuning, in house fabrication, routine maintenance
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Wow.... I was so considering a bullseye now that garret is china made.

seems ill keep running ebay till i find something i can trust. I cant believe what things have come to these days and if it keeps up the performence market is going to wither away.

I will be relating this info to everyone that asks me about what turbo to run from now on. Looks like bullseye has just fallen off my recommendation list.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Wow. Thanks for the post and looking out for the community. :thumbup:

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i wont buy a bullseye ever again and ive had 2... thanks for the heads up RC

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in