Smoked Fish - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Smoked Fish

I was given a huge slab of paddle fish from a friend that shot one with a bow in Berkley lake. I cut half of it into strips for frying and cured the other half for smoking.
I used a new to me recipe for curing the fish. I did not like it I will be going back to using a brine.
Cure is just salt, brown sugar, black pepper corns, and some red pepper flakes. Placed a board on top of the fish, with some weight on it, was in the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1938429

Some blue gill fillets for snacking. Turned into fish jerky in about an hour in the smoker.

The paddle fish strips being fried up.
The paddle fish is oily, it was dripping oil the entire 4-hour smoke, 200F till the fish hit 150F. After letting it cool I was not very happy with the texture of the fish, the flavor was good. The meat became tough. I was able to slice it into 1/8 strips and then chopped it into tiny bits. Made a good old Yooper fish dip out of the smoked meat.

If you want to know what fish dip is, here you go.

Fish Dip, Eh?

- LB. Shredded Smoked Whitefish
8 oz. Cream Cheese
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
tsp. Garlic Pepper Seasoning
2 Tbs. Finely Chopped Sweet Onions
1 Tbs. Prepared Horseradish
3 Tbs. Sour Cream
2 Tbs. Mayonnaise

I did buy a new toy for smoking.

My wife dropped my iGrill mini into the dog's water bowl, and killed it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in