2016 Smokers Lounge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 05:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default 2016 Smokers Lounge

Starting off the grilling season.
We had a great week of weather here in NW Indy, so I got a new 22" Weber, some cheddar, bacon, jalapeno brats and some steaks to cook this weekend. Mother nature said fuck your nice weather and its now 30s and a north wind. I fired up the Weber any way to cook the brats first.

The old smoker is out of commission, too much rot. I got the Weber for grilling, and I will be getting a vertical charcoal smoker for smoking.

I am also starting on a venturi cold smoker, made from 4" stainless tube.

Steaks tonight.

Brat-elet.

Last edited by CripTofer; 04-23-2016 at 05:35 AM.
CripTofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Just a tease, I spent 4/19-4/20 properly smoking

10.5 lb pork shoulder, 10.5 hours at 220-300 degrees (dang wind!) with a mix of Kingsford charcoal, Lump, mesquite chunks, and whiskey barrel white oak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
... 10.5 hours at 220-300 degrees (dang wind!)
Not smoking, but a handy tip for a BBQ in the breeze:-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano

Ribeye and twice baked potatoes, with a few high life's. I may just need to take a nap now.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Quote:
Just a tease, I spent 4/19-4/20 properly smoking

10.5 lb pork shoulder, 10.5 hours at 220-300 degrees (dang wind!) with a mix of Kingsford charcoal, Lump, mesquite chunks, and whiskey barrel white oak.
Looks really good. I hate the wind it seems half the time I plan on smoking I get to deal with a 40 mph wind.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Shish Kabobs.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

That is grilling, not smoking

guard dog looks like he wants to steal a skewer!

The one down fall of my cheap egg is wind egress which stoke the fire. A calm night with 40 degree temps = no headaches, esp. now I know how to load the egg. 3/4 circle of built up Kingsford/Lump/Chunks/Whiskey Sticks and then dump in 15-20 briquettes from a chimney to start the loop. Upper vent at 1/2 unless something is wrong, lower vent at #2 until temps start climbing then choke it down to below #1 (1/2) with the other open slots blocked.

The make a kit to control the temps, but I'm too cheap.

Amazon Amazon

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Not the type of smokers lounge i expected...

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Not the type of smokers lounge i expected...

Ted!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i just got a weber kettle. its my first one.

ive been using crappy walmart junk grills so im excited.

at some point this summer i plan to try out smoking some ribs in it. ive got my steak game dialed pretty well. but i havnt made steak on my new weber. pretty stoked about it.

i want to get the slow n sear add on for it but cant justify the price tag right now.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Quote:
That is grilling, not smoking

guard dog looks like he wants to steal a skewer!

The one down fall of my cheap egg is wind egress which stoke the fire. A calm night with 40 degree temps = no headaches, esp. now I know how to load the egg. 3/4 circle of built up Kingsford/Lump/Chunks/Whiskey Sticks and then dump in 15-20 briquettes from a chimney to start the loop. Upper vent at 1/2 unless something is wrong, lower vent at #2 until temps start climbing then choke it down to below #1 (1/2) with the other open slots blocked.

The make a kit to control the temps, but I'm too cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Re...ords=IQ110+Egg
I know still looking for a smoker I want. Griller's lounge is not as catchy.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Smoked a roast Sunday and put on some coarse salt with it.Just spread it onto an aluminum tray shifting it around every now and then. Might stick it into another smoking session but it has a hint of smoky flavor.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Smoked a roast Sunday and put on some coarse salt with it.Just spread it onto an aluminum tray shifting it around every now and then. Might stick it into another smoking session but it has a hint of smoky flavor.
The wife and I hit up a little store in Jackson Hole that specialized in spices. You wouldn't believe the price on some of the salt there. I sampled some smoked salt from Ireland.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

I got some nomex for the grill.

I haven't tested it yet.
I ordered a smoker it should be here the 26th.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Got the smoker last Friday. Breaking it in today, not cooking anything though.
It's going to need some extra sealing and some latches to hold the doors closed better.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Country ribs on the left, baby back on the right.
They were on for a few hours, could have gone a little longer to make them fall off the bone, but they were tasty none the less.
First run on the new smoker, took some time figuring it out, but got her to dialed in.

Used a bacon rack for grilling, to hold the baby backs on their sides.

One issue is when you pull the charcoal try out, it dumps ashes all over. I might use one of my extra baking trays to help with that. I am thinking about making a frame to bolt the legs to and raise the smoker up higher.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Krogers had pork should for .99/lb tonight, so I bought two, about 15 lbs today. Freeze one and wait until a cooler nigiht to smoke the other.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Wife's family came by with more ribs. Filled the smoker this time.

No pictures of them done, got distracted with a stupid pool project, beer, and a hungry herd of people.
I wrapped them for 4 hours after smoking them for 1 hour, bbqed for another hour after the wrap phase. They came out pretty damn good.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Krogers had pork should for .99/lb tonight, so I bought two, about 15 lbs today. Freeze one and wait until a cooler nigiht to smoke the other.
That cooler night will be tomorrow, 7 pounds already trimmed and rubbed, chillin for tomorrow night.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2016, 05:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Nice buy Bone! I always stock up when I catch them on sale too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in