Father's Day Weekend, so I got to play with some meat. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Father's Day Weekend, so I got to play with some meat.

Last Wednesday my wife picked up a pork loin on sale for me to smoke this past weekend. Thursday I rubbed it down with some hickory molasses rub, and about 20% cajun spice mix. She sat the fridge until Saturday.

I picked up a iGrill Mini. Took some time to get it to connect to my phone but it works great.
iGrill mini Features | iDevices Connected App

Sunday I cooked some brats from my local Beef Mart, for the family. Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno brats, and beer brats.

My dad asked me to smoke some salmon he is getting from a charter whose boat he just worked on. I just smoked some a few weeks ago but I forgot to take pictures. I will post them this time around.
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Great smoke job there. Your meat looks moist and succulent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

dirty smoke, fire not hot enough

Have a loin to cook tonight....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
dirty smoke, fire not hot enough

Have a loin to cook tonight....
I had to choke it off to get the temps down. Still tasted good no bitter smoke flavor.

I will be needed a new grill soon. It's either replace a bunch or rusted parts or buy new. So if you have recommendations let's hear them.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Green Egg...
Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I'm using a Chargriller Akron Kamado that I got on clearance and that my son assembled as part of his manager duties.

OK for the price, but I'll be looking for something better (real BGE?) when I wear it out.

I'm thinking about adding the temp control fan but I generally fail for not having enough fuel. Always still learning.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Only thing really bad about the Akron, unable to add more fuel after grates are in place, esp. when you forget to add the smoking wood to the coals after dropping in the lower grate (cheapo 18 or 22" grate) and pizza stone, then add water pan and top grate.

Oh well I was using Kingsford w/Mesquite and some chunk charcoal.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

I'm looking at the Oklahoma Joe smoker at Lowe's.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

For me it will likely be a Weber 18" WSM...

Quote:
Old 06-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I cook on a 2 burner gas grill. Does that make me less of a man?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
I cook on a 2 burner gas grill. Does that make me less of a man?
Just lazy

I once used gas grills, thinking they were quicker, they are not.

Charcoal Chimney and Weber cubes changed me.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Tasty!

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 04:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Bone - I have had a Weber 18" WSM for 20+ years...cooked some of the best brisket ever on that thing. In CO I had a hard time getting enough heat in it, I was always adding another FULL chimney of hot fuel every 2 hours to keep the temp above 200 degrees. Sometimes it would take 16-18 hours to complete a brisket...it would stall and stay there ...and I would just get more hungry!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpilot View Post
Bone - I have had a Weber 18" WSM for 20+ years...cooked some of the best brisket ever on that thing. In CO I had a hard time getting enough heat in it, I was always adding another FULL chimney of hot fuel every 2 hours to keep the temp above 200 degrees. Sometimes it would take 16-18 hours to complete a brisket...it would stall and stay there ...and I would just get more hungry!
Altitude, messing with your AFR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Just lazy

I once used gas grills, thinking they were quicker, they are not.

Charcoal Chimney and Weber cubes changed me.
I'll be honest... I use gas too. To start my chimney when I have propane, otherwise I use paper. I'm going to try them cubes though.

Last edited by CripTofer; 06-24-2015 at 05:05 AM.
CripTofer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 05:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CripTofer View Post
Altitude, messing with your AFR?
Indeed!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

$3.29 for 24 cubes, add-on for Amazon orders.

Also great for camping/bonfire.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

I am tempted to make a counter flow smoker. Can't find the right tank, for the right price. Dirt cheap or free. Or maybe a section of pipe.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

making me hungry looking through here always been eye ballin a smoker
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in