popped amaranth cereal, tossed in warm honey with rolled oats - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default popped amaranth cereal, tossed in warm honey with rolled oats

I was at a grocery store when I noticed they had amaranth grain pretty cheap, I bought half a pound for like 80 cents.

For about a month I didnt know what to do with it, so it sat there. I finally manned up and searched google on how to cook it, and I found that it'l pop like corn. Popped corn, or more commonly rice, is a great cereal so I went and did it.

Grab your favorite frying pan (skillet), heat it on either high (gas) or between 3/4 and 1/2 (electric)
drop the amaranth grains in about a spoon full at a time. Slide the pan around on the cook top, and watch as the seeds pop. (After watching the first time, you're gonna wanna put a lid on the pan because they do fly out of the pan) .
Once most of em have popped, pour them into a bowl and repeat.

Heat up some honey in a double boiler pot, fold in amaranth (and oats in my case) until they're all coated with a thin layer of honey.

Add milk (or soy/almond milk if you're lactose intolerant) and enjoy.

P.s. If you're a vegan you can make caramel and substitute that instead of honey.

Other ways to cook amaranth:
Boil it, but that's very boring.
Bring it to your local miller, and have him convert it to flour. Or build your own windmill. Its a nice flour, I've had cookies made with it before
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

robscrx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

And suddenly Nightwish is running through my head.

Amaranth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

^its their only song that I know how to play, its pretty easy and fun on a harpsichord
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in