sir_bobos Chicken Noodle Soup - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos
Default sir_bobos Chicken Noodle Soup

Cold day, sick day, nice summer hearty meal. It does it all.
My dad taught me to make it like him and his dad taught him but I've made it my own over the years. I usually cook the chicken in the oven but I figured, why not smoke it?

Started by taking a whole hen and putting my spices on it. Wrapped in plastic wrap and left over night in the chill box.

I put it in my pan on a rack and put half a can of chicken broth and half a can of beer in the bottom. I never used a water pan while smoking so I'll have to see if it adds flavor or moister. I don't have a charcoal chimney yet but I still tried a variant of the minion method by lighting only the coals in the center of my box and letting them work their way out.

On the grill.

Now for the inside stuff. Take your favorite crockpot

and fill it with 2 cans of chicken broth, add water as needed to cover all ingredients. Spice as you like, I used garlic powder, onion powder, ground sage, Italian seasoning, paprika, and ground pepper. But it's up to you, add what you think tastes good.

Add carrots, onion, celery.

Baddaboom.

Now potatoes and noodles. The German in me also can't leave out cabbage.

Chicken is currently smoking and crock pot is running. I'll update with a bowl when I get done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Looks delicious

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Dick.

So hungry right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I can already tell. Cook the noodles in a separately pot before adding to the mix. They melted into the crockpot. Didn't hamper it none but not that noodle consistency ya know.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks good
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
endo_bobo

This is the first time I'm doing it the crockpot/smoker route. Start the pot a couple hours sooner (minus noodles) and then start the chicken. Lowering the temp on the chicken so it will carry thought the pots cook time but here's a update pic on what's going in the soup.

EDIT* I found a uneven temp in my cooker. Turned the bird around to finish it even. Need to make more mods for even cook but God I love smoking stuff. Might add a tuning plate or some ceramic bricks to help.

Last edited by sir_bobos; 05-11-2014 at 02:29 PM.
sir_bobos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
endo_bobo

And there you go.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Dinner, a la screw driver. Perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I just ate my last can of soup, I'll be making my own from here on out.

What I do is 2 lb of chicken thighs in the crock pot.

Crock pot on high, can of chicken broth, veggies, 6 thighs, then add boiling water as needed. 30 minutes in turn the crock pot down to low. Two hours later at 2:30 mark add in the wide noodles and more boiling water for them to suck up. Leave it for another 45-60 minutes and it is done. I do NOT trim the fat off the chicken, the noodles soak it up for flavor.

The thighs just fall apart, easy to shred.

When weather clears I'll be making chili....with a change. Have you seen the prices of ground beef???? HOLY CRAP!!!! Pork it!

I have about 3/4 lb of diced pork leftover from last weekend. I will be smoking a "fatty" or a 1 lb chub of pork sausage wrapped in bacon, then adding it to the crock pot withh all the other normal fixin's. I will also be attempting bacon wrapped onion rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
And there you go.
Where is the juice???? How can you have any soup if you don't have any broth?

I've never cooked with cabbage...I know....my Irish/German heritage, I've been keeping it simple. Add a new ingredient each new batch.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 05-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
endo_bobo

It's in there, just a lot of other stuff getting in the way, over filled the bowl. Turned out pretty good.

Might do a stuffed cabbage thread next.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Taters and Noodles, always making the timing tough.

I've had mush tater soup before as I cooked them too long.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in