Crock pots ROCK!!!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews
Default Crock pots ROCK!!!!!!

3 lb hunk of top round, fat side down, onions and red/orange peppers from the grocery salad bar, crock pot is set on low. I did put some BBBR (Bad Bryon's Butt Rub) on the meat 30 minutes before putting it in the crock pot.

Roughly seven hours later I added more boiling water and two big baker potatoes after flipping the meat fat side up to render and melt. Expecting all to be down by tn hour mark.

At that point the meat will be pull and what is left of the fat cap scraped off, meat allowed to cool. The onions and taters will be spooned out and the broth allowed to cool in the fridge. Most of the fat will rise to the top and solidify allowing it to be easily scooped off and either used or disposed off. The broth will then be used to cook a small bag of wide egg noddles in. The chilled beef will then be easier to slice for sandwiches and the scraps tossed in with the noddles.....if I don't snack on them in the process.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 firsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

looks like an amazing recipe. i might have to try this sometime with my crock pot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

words from a wise man
Quote:
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
RIP Pat

firsteg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Can wait to see the end result, seems so simple.
This weekends To Buy List:
1. Control Arm Bushings
2. Ball Joints
3. Crock Pot
4. 3lb Top Round
I'm inspired!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Yes they do.
My Mom got me a few books when I moved out, Fix it and Forget it, A Man, Can, and a Plan (all recipes have beer in them, or coke) and some others.
CripTofer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Butt rub for the win. I rock the BBB apron when I pan fry shit. I love my crock pot, well I have three, one large round, one oval, one single serve. My wife made me love home made chili with ours.

If you don't cook with one you are missing out, you can add beer, a little water, some potatoes, onions, and a roast(pig or beef), let cook all day and crack a dark beer and enjoy.

A bottle of BBQ sauce some hot sauce, pepper, and a packet or two of little smokey's, you will be the man at the next football party.

Hells yeah Bone.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Yeah webb, hear that? I love my crockpot.

Could this turn into a crockpot thread for ideas and recipes?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

it definitely should, i love making split pea soup in my crock pot and my girlfriend makes some tasty pulled pork. i want to try making a potato or clam chowder soup

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Crock pots rock.

I do pulled pork, stroganoff, stews, alfredo, chili, with my crock pot. Im sure Im missing something.

Hey blue, did you know you smell like Borat?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
Crock pots rock.

I do pulled pork, stroganoff, stews, alfredo, chili, with my crock pot. Im sure Im missing something.

no i sure didnt?

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
"..........is that a hint of cabbage?"

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

three large boneless chicken breasts on top of a layer of Yukon Gold taters, about 1.5 lbs, quartered, 1/2 lb of baby carrots, cut in 1/2, 1/3 of a bunch of celery, one medium onion quartered.

2 cup of waters, then crank the crock pot on high and 5 hours later it is done. Shred the chicken while stirring.....done.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Winter is coming ... it's hearty stew season. I kinda want to get all three of our crock pots going. 14 quarts of crock pot madness (I think ... might be more).

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

GF just mentioned it is getting stew, chili, soup season. Will be posting more in here if I don't forget.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

picked up a 3.5 pound roast tonight, beef stew tomorrow night, first night getting down into the 30's....

Quote:
Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Sorry I didn't update the above.....

3.5 lb top round roast cut into 2" cubes and browned off
1.5 lbs Yukon Golds (left over from 3lb bag 9-28-14)
1/2 lb baby carrots cut in half (left over from 9-28-14)
One med. red onion rough chopped
1/2 can 6 oz. of tomato paste.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Tonights crock pot fixins.....barely over $4....

1 lb great northern beans, washed and soaked for two hours $1.49
1 lb sliced carrots .99
1 med white onion .65
1/3 bundle of celery .65
1/2 can (6 oz) tomato paste .35
red pepper flakes to taste.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
endo_bobo

But where's the meat man?
Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I did add 1/2 lb package of diced ham that I had forgot about....which is why I bought the ham, for the BEANS!!!!

Quote:

Last edited by transzex; 10-14-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Boneless Chicken Thigh Chili, Breasts can be used as well....

1 can black beans
1 can red beans
1 can white beans
16 oz frozen corn kernels
2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with chili seasoning (?)
2 cans (10 oz) dicec tomatoes with chilies
1 packet HOT taco seasoning
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1.8 lbs boneless chicken thighs, trimmed, so about 1.5 lbs
4 hours on high, pull out the chicken and shred, put it back in for 1.5-2 hours on low. Serve with cornbread.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in