Official: Man-drink thread - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Default Official: Man-drink thread

So basically I've been getting on a kick lately of trying new forms of alcohol. No, I don't want to hear about your special daiquiri or the fact that you can kill a case of Natural Light in one sitting. I want some manly drinks, what kind of odd beers have you been trying? Wishkey's? Scotch's? Bourbon's? Heck, I'd even go for some good Wine at this point.

Basically, I'm trying to expand my pallet. I fully realize that this might fall flat on it's face but I'm cool with it. Just wanted to see what's out there.

Beer's that I've tried that I like:

Highland Brewing Gaelic Ale:

Outstanding amber ale.

Back Forty Beer Company Truck Stop Honey:

Lastly, Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout:

Stuff looks like black death in a glass and has 9% alcohol (compared to 3% on the average Budweiser), it's just about the most expensive thing I drink but MAN it's good!

As far as harder alcohol's, all I've really tried lately is Wild Turkey 101. Bit harsh but not bad.

Suggestions/comments/emotional outbursts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Boddington's
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

^I'm pretty sure I've seen that before at the local store. I'm assuming it's kinda like a Pale Ale?

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Think Guinness in a pale ale.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Yeah boddingtons is good. I'm not really a fan of Guinness but I like boddingtons and it's a similar style.

In cans right now I have some New Belgium "Shift" lager and some "Henninger Bier". In bottles I have Firestone Walker "Solace" (I'm in a light summer beer type of mood).

(not my pictures)
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.

Last edited by tronsteezz; 08-30-2012 at 07:13 AM.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

shit awebb give me a few days i'll give you a list of some REALLY good and on the cheap side red and white wine, do you have anything you really don't like? i have a huge list at home/work i try new stuff everyday at work

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

^To be honest, I've only found a few beers I really dislike. Abita Amber and Red Bridge are the only two that come to mind. Other than that fire away!

Have you checked
today?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Redtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropesRedtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropesRedtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropesRedtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropesRedtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropesRedtapemassacre is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Chimay grande reserve one of my favorites a bit pricy but well worth it.

Gulden Draak

Malheur 10

Samuel Jackson "It'll get you drunk"

d’Achouffe La Chouffe
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Two of my favorite beers right now.

If you wanna try something really different, go to the asian market and grab your self some Filipino beer.

the original

the stronger of the two

If you really trying to get fucked up and don't give a fuck about taste.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Camo cost like 89 cents a can....stuff is harsh. Its in every liquor store in Las Vegas. Had a "Hangover" (the movie) type experience because of this stuff.

Camo Black Ice - Camo Brewing Company - Las Vegas, NV - BeerAdvocate
GorillaRootz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I have always been a fan of Killians Red and Johnny Walker. J.W. red is better tasting than black IMO, straight up at room temp. Black is a bit better on ice.

Last edited by Richie_A_19; 08-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

I've never seen the green johnny walker before.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I had gold label once, and my girlfriend gagged at the smell from across the table. LOL
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrettHowell View Post
I was looking into some good affordable "scotch's" and that one keeps coming up, gonna have to try that next pay day.

I've always been a Killian's fan and the rest of everything posted looks SOOOOO good!

Have you checked
today?

Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

[IMG][/IMG]
jdm6243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Beer is more my thing, and there's a lot of great craft brews out there (and a lot of bad ones, too). Do you know what type you normally like (ales, IPA, stout, etc.)?

I'm a big fan of Oskar Blues' line of canned beers, which I would imagine you should be able to find in AL. Dale's Pale Ale is a good intro to their line, which drinks smooth but has a mature flavor. They also have a pilsner called Mama's Little Yellow Pils, which is also delicious, but is a better jump into the world of craft brews if you typically drink mainstream beer. They'll also make short runs of Gubna, which is tremendous and flavorful, but pricey.

You may want to also check out 21st Amendment's line of canned beers, too. Back in Black is a black IPA that has a rich, bitter flavor, but you could easily drink six at a time. Hell or High Watermelon isn't exactly "manly", but it's a fun, summertime-picnic kinda beer. You probably wouldn't want more than two at a sitting, though.

I'm also a fan of California beers, as I find the hops they grow there seem to have a less "green" taste than in other parts of the country. Lagunitas brews some great beers that should be readily available to you. Stone makes a line of great brews, and their Oaked Arrogant Bastard ale is one of my favorites when I can find it. They also make a Russian Imperial Stout that is potent taste, but goes amazingly well with chocolate cake. Sierra Nevada also has some wonderful brews (not the typical green label one), especially if you go up to the large bottles. Their Celebration Ale is usually delicious.

Personally, I think German beer is completely overrated, and their brewing laws prohibit it from evolving into modern-tasting beers. I'm also not much on Belgian beers, due to the flavors. But again, that's just me.

If you're into whiskey and such (I'm not a huge fan), look around for beers that have been conditioned in bourbon barrels. The beers tend to leech out the bourbon flavor, so you get a strong tasting-beer with a lot of bourbon aftertaste. Not really my thing, but there are a a lot of them out there.

As for cocktails, no one will look down upon you for enjoying a Mojito on a hot day. During the winter, I enjoy a Tangueray and tonic, which smells like Christmas trees. Also, don't fall into the "manly" thing of ordering single-malt scotch. The rest of the world knows that the blended ones have a much better taste, but Americans seem to think it's cooler to drink single-malt ones for some reason.

Last edited by ChristianL; 08-31-2012 at 04:22 AM.
ChristianL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Delicous pretty bitter 8.3% alcohol

Delicous bitter again

Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen, Pale Ale, and IPA all good

Hanger 24 (local brewery) Orange wheat

Hanger 24 Pale ale

Hanger 24 Alt Bier Ale

Kona brewery all good, the one on the far right is Passion fruit beer. Different but they made it work good.

Pyramid Barleywine, if you know how this is made. It gives it a distinct flavor . It's so so for me

Have plenty more, just dont want to find them all lol
ogdougynutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Your 3% Buds are cute. I'll try and post stuff if my internet works.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdougynutty View Post
Delicous pretty bitter 8.3% alcohol

Delicous bitter again

Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen, Pale Ale, and IPA all good

Hanger 24 (local brewery) Orange wheat

Hanger 24 Pale ale

Hanger 24 Alt Bier Ale

Kona brewery all good, the one on the far right is Passion fruit beer. Different but they made it work good.

Pyramid Barleywine, if you know how this is made. It gives it a distinct flavor . It's so so for me

Have plenty more, just dont want to find them all lol
haha i've tried most of them but on another know the flying dog brewery is like an hour from me i did a tour it was fucking awesome all the guys there love their job, ever batch is different in some way all the reciepces are put together by the brewers and has so much care in it its amazing.

they all love what they are doing and to put in prespective how small they are their total amount shipped out for customers is less than what like the miller company throws away in one year
ever recipce is mesaured by hand before it made most of the work is done by hand its pretty crazy and the story behind all of it was even better

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/d-series-cookbook/163315-official-man-drink-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Buy januvia online generic januvia without script order januvia - ????? ???? - ??? ?????? ??????? ?????? This thread Refback 02-05-2013 07:14 AM
Buy salbutamol online purchase salbutamol legally generic - ????? ???? - ??? ?????? ??????? ?????? This thread Refback 02-05-2013 05:16 AM