DIY: Big Mac - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default DIY: Big Mac

A Better Big Mac | Serious Eats : Recipes

Quote:
3.2 ounces boneless beef short rib, well-chilled
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1 teaspoon onion grated on a microplane grater
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon marmite, vegemite, or Maggi seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 egg white
1 whole Wonderbread brand hamburger bun, plus 1 bottom bun
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (about 600)
1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
4 dill pickle slices
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 slice American cheese

Procedures
Pass beef through meat grinder fitted with 1/4-inch plate twice. Form into two even balls and flatten into 4-inch patties using wet hands against a cutting board. Scrape patties up with thin spatula and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Place minced onion on a double layer of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 10 minutes on low power until mostly dehydrated but not browned. Set aside.

While onion is dehydrating, combine grated onion, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, sugar, Marmite, and turmeric. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat toaster oven or broiler to high. Use one finger to spread a very thin layer of egg white over the top of the top bun. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place under broiler for 30 seconds until set. Set aside. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut off the very bottom of the bottom bun half, creating a single circular piece of bread with cut surfaces on both sides.

Toast cut side of top bun and bottom bun, and one side of center bun piece under broiler until light golden brown. Place bottom bun and center bun on cutting board toasted-side up. Spread half of sauce on each. Divide dehydrated onions evenly between bottom and center buns and top with lettuce. Place 2 pickle slices on each.

Season burger patties with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy-bottomed 10-inch stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Add patties and cook without moving until first side is crusty and browned, about 1 minute. Scrape up patties with a stiff spatula and flip. Top one patty with 1 slice cheese. Continue cooking until cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Transfer cheese-topped patty to bottom bun and cheeseless patty to middle bun. Place top bun on top of center, then stack center bun on top of bottom. Serve immediately.
Haven't tried it but it sounds good.

Edit - Relevant Links: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...me-2012-7?op=1 and http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...r-big-mac.html

Last edited by moff3tt; 07-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

icanhazlebigmac?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

ill try this shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
ill try this shit.
Check out the second relevant link it is kind of the behind the scenes of the recipe that I think helps a lot too.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

if i make this it will look and most def. taste like shit.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 26 amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !amperu is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amperu Send a message via Yahoo to amperu

The McGangbang is better. -nods-

Quote:
Amperu is fucking winning. Hard.
Quote:
Is there anything you aren't badass at? Lol
RIP - patprimmer
amperu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Just make a hamburger and put some thousand island dressing on it, it'll taste the same as the McDonald's crap. Haven't eaten there in over 10 years. I don't now how people can eat it honestly lol

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Never sank my teeth into a bigmac.
Fuck mcdonalds and their shit food.

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 nicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I too am i strong hater of the McD but that hamburger you posted looks pretty dam amazing im going to try it lol thanks for posting it
nicbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
Just make a hamburger and put some thousand island dressing on it, it'll taste the same as the McDonald's crap. Haven't eaten there in over 10 years. I don't now how people can eat it honestly lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egwhite View Post
hey, I just ate a Big Mac today.

No lie. I just finished it. I haven't ate one in a while. So I went lol

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egwhite View Post
No need to be so negative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicbo View Post
I too am i strong hater of the McD but that hamburger you posted looks pretty dam amazing im going to try it lol thanks for posting it
Thanks for not being a total douche haha
Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Black94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropesBlack94Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The Big Mac is fucking amazing. Don't give a shit what anyone says.

1994 Honda Del Sol Si, Granada Black Pearl D16Z6
Xbox GT: Atara9
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Black94Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Its 4am and I cant haz da mcdyeez big mac because they are doing breakfast im sure.... Wait, im gonna go and see, I fucking want one now!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Yayayaa. I went to

Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Big Mac is as american as apple pie. Just make sure you know what your eating. They taste great but a little research n you will cringe when you see a fast food place. Back on topic though im trying this for dinner tomorrow.
efinawesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I don't get the whole big mac attack thing. I worked at McDonalds for 3 years. If you want a real burger, a MAN'S burger, get an angus burger. Or a double quarter pounder made like a mac. Much more meat!!!!!

But this does seem pretty cool. And the special sauce is Thousand Island dressing.

0_0
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 DDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
I don't get the whole big mac attack thing. I worked at McDonalds for 3 years. If you want a real burger, a MAN'S burger, get an angus burger. Or a double quarter pounder made like a mac. Much more meat!!!!!

But this does seem pretty cool. And the special sauce is Thousand Island dressing.

0_0
thats what i was told SS is Thousand Island

i was also told McDonalds cures there burgers in sugar
DDream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 thinkskater007 will become famous soon enoughthinkskater007 will become famous soon enoughthinkskater007 will become famous soon enough

Looks epic. You should try putting fresh avocado on a cheese burger..... so good.
thinkskater007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

post pics of the build!!!
nintyFivEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDream View Post
thats what i was told SS is Thousand Island

i was also told McDonalds cures there burgers in sugar
I'm not sure how they cure them. We never got to see that. They came to the store already frozen ad patties.

But the sauce has some extras I'm the 1000 island. Like the stuff stated above. We just bought 1000 island and added extra minced onions and such. Homemade big Macs are awesome!

And whoever said avacado is a baller of sorts. Avacafo on a Burger is sooooooooo good!
Sent from BigJ's Mobile Awesome Device
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in