Best tasting Mojito - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Best tasting Mojito

you'll need :

12oz Glass or cup
1 whole lime
1tbsp sugar
2oz White Rum (Bacardi or Cruzan)
Sprig of mint
Sprite

Place the sugar and mint in glass and muddle (use muddler or handle of steak knife) and grind up mint and sugar. The stem holds more mint flavor then the leaves. The more mint you use, the mintier the taste. You want the sugar to grind the leaves/stem.

Squeeze enough lime juice to cover the mint/sugar combo. Dont put the rind in the glass.

Add rum,and stir, then ice, then top off with sprite.

Use a spoon in a twisting motion to mix everything and enjoy.

Bartenders are lazy and just throw a mint leaf into a rum&sprite which tastes like a rum and sprite.
(I use Sprite in place of club soda and simple syrup)

Should look like this v v v

EDIT: Ive been a bartender in South Beach for quite a few years and my focus is making the drinks taste best, not just pouring whatever in a glass and serving.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Esotericimage; 06-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

how does it taste?

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

trust me, these are so good that youll be fine one minute, then drunk the next!
they creep up on you, so resist the urge to knock em back!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 d16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regulard16devin is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

my girl loves these...

admittedly i do as well. more pronounced mint would be awesome as im not a huge fan of rum. i like using sprite in place of the club soda and simple syrup.
d16devin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abide

I may have to give this a shot since i have a giant bush of mint in my garden.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Hmm may have to try this. My wife is allergic to mint or she'd love them as well.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I'll have to try this. I'm a fiend for Mojitos.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

Picked up mint today should go nice with my bottle of Don Q
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

Making this right now...hope it turns out right

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 firsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That sounds really good
firsteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

Next day review, got wasted till 4, a good feeling wasted, woke up around 8 feelin good...makin more on friday

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I'm sorry, but mojitos make me want to hurl.

Give me a nice single malt scotch any day...or perhaps a margarita.
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

i added some fresh strawberries in with the mint man was it good
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

All you drunk people tried it and didnt hit me up for any reps..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
I may have to give this a shot since i have a giant bush of mint in my garden.
I actually ended up trimming my mint bush down and throwing a party. We just used club soda. I ahd totally forgotten about this thread and trying some sprite., but the mint is getting overgrown again and ive still got 3 leftover bottles of rum!
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

mint grows fast.. one little sprig costs 2.50 in the grocery store, but i can get a lb for 7.00 thru a distributor..but if you have a garden, it grows stupid fast.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Cdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Looks delicious
Cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

try to get the mint with the red stem...has a different taste...really nice...if you don't like it so sweet, use sparkling water...not as much of a headache after you drink 8 or 9. I was in Cuba a while ago and if you can get some Havana Club white you will be amazed at the difference in taste.
curtwill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

how were the cigars?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
how does it taste?
You have to say that in your best Samuel L. Jackson Voice

And Hairy Tacos

DexGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in