My official smokers thread - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default My official smokers thread

If you smoke anything food wise post it here. But here is mine.

Alright I got me a grill a while back and wanted to smoke some ribs, so I got me sOme pork spare ribs and since this was my 1st time smoking any food i got some store bought rub and BBQ sauce just I case things didn't turn out well.

UPDATE, SEE BELOW

25FEB- BABY BACKS ***PAGE 2***

04MARCH- BABY BACKS AND A BOSTON BUTT THEY WERE DONE ON 03MARCH ***PAGE 4****

10MARCH- BABY BACKS ***PAGE 5***

But I'll be posting my pics up of what I end up smoking. Gonna do some baby back here soon

your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2drz6; 03-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Thanksgiving Turkey.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice smokin brother!

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Well.......

thanks holmes, now that i got the jisdt of it game on lol

Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 jumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Borat

mmmmmm riiibsss....
jumpncrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

i smoked some spare ribs for v day and they turned out pretty decent but my friend is much better.. they were def better the next day after like alot of smoked stuff if it makes it that far.. i think next time on the cheaper spare ribs i will boil them first

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I haven't had to chance to smoke out anything. Do u use that wood thats scented? Iv see there's different of flavors. On my grill there's a separate piece I can buy that attaches itself to the side then I'll be ready for smoking meats but it's new to me. I gotta do some more research before I'll give it a try. Those ribs look good
93SISoler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpncrash View Post
mmmmmm riiibsss....
yep, baby back ribs next week stay tuned lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
i smoked some spare ribs for v day and they turned out pretty decent but my friend is much better.. they were def better the next day after like alot of smoked stuff if it makes it that far.. i think next time on the cheaper spare ribs i will boil them first
i havent tried boiling them, i cooked my on too high of heat after 4ish hours mine where 170 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SISoler View Post
I haven't had to chance to smoke out anything. Do u use that wood thats scented? Iv see there's different of flavors. On my grill there's a separate piece I can buy that attaches itself to the side then I'll be ready for smoking meats but it's new to me. I gotta do some more research before I'll give it a try. Those ribs look good

Yep you can goto wal-mart and get smoke chips or "flavored" wood chips. I went to gander mountain, they have a good selection of wood chips. I went with maple. They have maple, apple, pecan, mesquite, hickory. Yea smoking is new to me but i just googled it and read around, the biggest thing is dont think to much into it just get the basics and go from there.

Like me, i got a rub, and bbq sauce from the store to save some money to see how they was gonna turn out. Mustard acts as a glue for your rub(a rub is highly recommended if not required lol), but doesnt leave a mustard taste. Let your meat sit over night with the rub on it. Temp is the key to smoking. I had mine around 240 ish and i honestly think it was too high of heat.

But yes they actually turned out perty good, nice flavor. Thanks man

Just like in the mini truck world, its all about low and slow.

Last edited by 2drz6; 02-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 lsdisco is learning the way of the Dlsdisco is learning the way of the D

OMG dude, those ribs look awesome!
lsdisco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

about to get my first apartment, i'm stoked to be the one doing most of the cooking.. (except for the sandwiches, that's my girls job hahaha)

first order of business: buy a stupid nice grill/smoker

XBOXLIVE - imtheill3st x
trashyhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdisco View Post
OMG dude, those ribs look awesome!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashyhatch View Post
about to get my first apartment, i'm stoked to be the one doing most of the cooking.. (except for the sandwiches, that's my girls job hahaha)

first order of business: buy a stupid nice grill/smoker
Yea my neighbor thried 1 upping me the day after with his little smoker and a chicken lol

I think im gonna invest into a real smoker, but idk my grill works perty great

Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
thanks

Yea my neighbor tried 1 upping me the day after with his little smoker and a chicken lol

I think im gonna invest into a real smoker, but idk my grill works perty great
sama:
^neighbor ^you
...and a real smoker would be sweet! if you have time to utilize it. i rarely get my bbq on, so in my case (though it would be sick) it isn't worth the investment.

XBOXLIVE - imtheill3st x
Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
sama:
^neighbor ^you
...and a real smoker would be sweet! if you have time to utilize it. i rarely get my bbq on, so in my case (though it would be sick) it isn't worth the investment.
lol, i figure twice a month(basically every pay check) i will smoke stuff and try different things. I have been searching and a decent smoker is around 100 bucks around here=)

Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

you a fan of deer meat?

XBOXLIVE - imtheill3st x
Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
you a fan of deer meat?
o yea, rarely have it but when i do i enjoy it

Old 02-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

man i'd love to get a smoker but i dont get to play with fire while its cooking...
MrBui is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

D.I.Y. DRY RUB
brown sugar,salt,pepper,onion powder,paprika,cayenne pepper,garlic powder and anything else you want.
MrBui is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBui View Post
D.I.Y. DRY RUB
brown sugar,salt,pepper,onion powder,paprika,cayenne pepper,garlic powder and anything else you want.
im gonna have to try this since the 1st set turned out perty good thanks

Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Well.......

Woot doing baby back ribs this weekend

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in