Taco soup/chili.....the easy way - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default Taco soup/chili.....the easy way

I figured since I have a couple crock pots, I may as well try to use one (all hand-me-downs). Found this recipe and figured I'd try it out, all the reviews said it was freakin' awesome. So without further adew, I give you: taco soup/chili.

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
1 (16 ounce) can white beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
1 (11 ounce) can niblet corn
1 (11 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 lb shredded chicken, ground beef or 1 lb any meat

Directions:

1 - Cook meat and drain.
2 - Shred if needed.
3 - Add all ingredients to crock pot.
4 - DO NOT DRAIN CANS.
5 - Stir.
6 - Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
7 - Keep on low until serving to keep hot.
8 - Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, or tortilla chips.

I'll update this with pics during/after I make it.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

How about a picture during? I need to start making lunch now. lol
Old 02-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....

Take all ingredients and make sure you didn't forget anything

Brown the meat. I tossed in a little butter just to make sure it didn't stick too badly

Drain the meat and pour everything else into the crock pot and stir

Set aside, put on low heat for ~4-5 hours....and enjoy

Like I said, it's easy. Hardest part was opening all the cans with my shitty, manual can opener. LOL Total prep time: ~10 minutes. Cook time: 2-5 hours (2 hours on high, 4-5 hours on low).

I'll update after I taste it, but I can tell you this, it smells AWESOME already!

Cars:

Last edited by PiKapp504; 02-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

OMG that stuff is delicious!

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Same way I do my canned chili

3-5 lbs of meat cooked, then start dumping cans of beans and tomatos.

I prefer 2 cans (15oz) of beans and 2 cans (15oz) of tomatos per pound of meat.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/enter...li-2009-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 02-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Just tried a bowl....and WOW! This shit is GOOD!!! Next batch though, I may add some jalapenos, habaneros, and maybe a little more meat. Either way, it's freakin' DAMN GOOD as is now! I is excite...

Cars:
Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

taco soup is good but look into white chili, i tried it for the first time last year at a party with some sour cream and wow..its like a chicken enchilada in a soup form

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Man that looks so GOOD!

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
taco soup is good but look into white chili, i tried it for the first time last year at a party with some sour cream and wow..its like a chicken enchilada in a soup form
Yeah, I've had white chicken chili many times, it is good. I just threw a bunch of stuff together, let it cook, then chowed down. LOL

Cars:
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If chicken was used, like chicken tenders, just toss all in the pool and let it cook since no greases to drain?

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Looking sounds good....i sure will must be try this at home....i also found one this type of nice recipe from home weekly magazine.I sure will must be next time post here.....Thanks for sharing this....

Amarion8100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Crock Pot is FULL!!!!!

1.5 lbs of chicken tenders, cooked then cut up
1 lb of smoked sausage, diced, on clearance due to sell by date
3 15 oz canned of diced tomatos with onions, chili ready (no room for 4th can!)
2 15 oz cans of chili hot beans
1 15 oz can of red chili beans (no room for second can!)
2 cans original Rotel with green chilies
1 15 oz can whole kernel corn
1 15 oz can organic great northern beans
1 can of beer for needed liquids.
1 tsp of crushed red pepper
1 tbsp of chili powder, when in doubt, MORE chili powder!!!!

$12 total

Not that spicy yet which, the last batch (still have some frozen) gave me bad heartburn from the chipotles in adobe sauce I use.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in