Freshly Jerked Meat! (with Cream Sauce!) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos
Default Freshly Jerked Meat! (with Cream Sauce!)

Do you love beef jerky but hate paying the high prices even for the processed garbage like Lack Links? Why not make your own?

You'll need
1 - Package of blade meat
1 - Bottle of Soy sauce
1 - Bottle of Worcestershire sauce
1 - Bottle of Honey
1 - Bottle of Liquid smoke
1 - Box fan
Seasonings you like, seasoning salt, pepper, crushed red peppers

Put the meat in the freezer until hard but can still cut through it.

Cut with the grain into thin strips

Put meat into a container and put in equal amounts of soy and Worcestershire sauce, a little honey, few drops of liquid smoke, and as much seasoning as you like.

Put in fridge for 3-5 hours shaking every now and then to coat the meat.

Pat dry the meat with paper towels and then place the meat on the fan spacing evenly.

(Wash the front of the fan, I didn't have to tell you did I?)

Turn the fan on about medium and let sit for 12 hours. That's minimum I like to let it sit for around 24. Turn once half way through. I don't know if it helps any but I like to think the other side drys better that way.

You'll get something like this.

Storage
Put it in some kind of Tupperware, putting it in a plastic bag would set on mold to soon. But I doubt it will be around long enough any way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 jdmken90 is learning the way of the Djdmken90 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

wow. nice use of a box fan
Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

lol soon as i saw the name of the thread i was thinking something bad lmao! im gunna have to try this.
Quote:
I want your whale penis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

MMM now this ill try

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

A fan? Wow awesome. Lol

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

This recipe works great! It's similar to the one I use from Alton Brown on Food Network. If you wish to dry more meat at once, use a couple of cellulose filters and lay the strips of meat along the pleats, then bungee cord them to the fan. This way you can dry about 8lbs. of meat at a time on one fan....I have four fans that I use so I can dry about 30lbs. at a time.

glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

What's up Good Eats buddy. All credit does go to that genius.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

lmao @ thread title

rep.

looks delicious too, nice work.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
What's up Good Eats buddy. All credit does go to that genius.
GOOD EATS!! The best food show on TV! Try his recipe for a slow cooked Prime Rib....the best you'll ever eat!!

I posted these pics a while ago, but they're worth posting again.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Great thread, Anton brown he's my hero. Lol.

Now I fucking hate and I mean hate bobby flay.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
Great thread, Anton brown he's my hero. Lol.

Now I fucking hate and I mean hate bobby flay.
Who doesnt? LOL

Man. Looking at this thread is no good for me. I am freakin hungry! -__-
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in