Cheese ravioli w/ homemade creme sauce - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Cheese ravioli w/ homemade creme sauce

well to start i will say i have made my own ravioli's...but...i find the sauce is the star and the store bought frozen ravs do just fine....but by all means if you wanna make your own go for it, get tips from people who have made them...there are alot of tricks to get ravs just right ...

yes im italian & grew up cooking with my mom, no this was not her resipe and yes i learned this recipe from a 5 star fine dining italian resturant i worked at for about three years....and yes the chef was italian that knew all of 5 words in english....try learning that way ... and yes this dish (obviously with homemade rav's and fresh herbs) was about $50+

so the ingrediants

-1 package frozen ravioli's
-1 quart heavy whipping creme
-1lb asparagus
-handfull of crushed walnuts
-few slices prosciutto***optional***
-olive oil (extra virgin)
-3 cloves fresh garlic
-dryed italian herbs
-salt
-pepper
-ice

step 1

fill up 2 large pots with water and bring to a boil....add salt

step 2

while waiting for water to come to a boil, add 1 clove minced garlic to a large sauce pan with hot olive oil and turn off flame and stir the garlic in the oil, this will release the flavor and incorperate it in the oil

step 3

return to heat and add 1 qt heavy whipping cream bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. add in a few dashes herbs, a few grinds of fresh pepper and salt... keep stirring

step 4

your big pots should be boiling by now, add your asparagus to the one, ignore the other. get a large bowl full of ice water ready in your sink

step 5

keep stirring the sauce and keep checking the asparagus, when it gets about 3/4 the way done (starts getting benddy) pull out of boiling water and put them in the ice water (blanch)

step 6

take out a another frying pan ...yes you will have alot of dirty dishes but trust me its worth it... add olive oil and heat, add 1 clove minced garlic and half the asparagus...salt and pepper..and finish off the cooking, repeat the step w/ more olive oil and another clove of garlic and finish off the asparagus

step 7

did you forget your sauce...i hope not keep stirring....

step 8

you may now add your rav's to the boiling pot

step 9

cut about 1/3 pound asparagus into 1 inch peices ....if you or the guest you plan to impress dont like asparagus just use the tips off the hole pound, trash the rest....but the asparagus makes a lovely side dish

step 10

once the sauce starts getting thicker and not just running off the stir spoon add your cut asparagus, 3/4 walnuts, and optional 1/4inch dices prosciutto and continue to reduce till ready.

step 11

as your rav's float to the top give it another 3 or so min and drain

step 12

arange 9-12 ravs on a nice plate

step 13

when sauce is ready taste and adjust to taste with salt and pepper (if you use prosciutto remember it is a salt cured ham...most likely you wont need to salt the sauce)...spoon a nice amount over your ravs, lay 3-4 peices asparagus next to the ravs and place 2-3 fanning over the pasta...sprinkle the remaining walnuts over the top

enjoy

sorry i didnt think to take pics

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Its ok dear...
You have explained it more better than pics and now there is now need to see the pics...
Thanks for sharing this recipe...

Cartar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Guess what's for dinner at my house tonight?

Thanks Scott!

glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

its one of my favs....

make this for the in-laws and they can do nothing but love you.....

i'd say total cost is about $20, good for about 2-4 people, depending on apatites and if you serve an apatizer

i may have to post up a antipasto recipe aswell, goes perfect with the dish...

BUILD THREAD

Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I've got a great one for Italian sausage as well!
I'll sit down tonight after I'm done cooking the ravioli dish and post it. (if I am able to stay awake). I love pasta, I need to start making my own!

Let's not forget the good bottle of wine either!

glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

had it again for dinner last night

BUILD THREAD

Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

this excites me. yes food excites me hahah awesome recipe and +rep to you
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

made this for a dinner party with 8 people a week or so ago...basically doubled the ingrediants and it was sooooo flippin good. only down side was it took forever for 2pts of creme to cook down. everyone loved the dish

also made it last night for dinner and tried out some frozen asparagus i had.....no bad but you can deffinatly tell the differance...note to sell fresh ingrediants are a must

BUILD THREAD

Old 06-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

How much olive oil in the sauce pan?

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

teaspoon maybe....just enough to not burn the garlic and let it release th flavor

BUILD THREAD

Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Nice recipe, thats exactly how you do it too, easy. good stuff here.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

new edelbrock mani coming soon.
ninjajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in