Wiz's Homebrew - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood
Default Wiz's Homebrew

Well I decided I'd start making my own beer. Since im a "DIY'er" i figured why not make my own beer. I hit up my local homebrew supply store and picked up a "stg2 kit" lol and ingredients for a amber ale called "South By South Wheat."

Let's get brew'in!

The basic supplies: bigggg as pot, big ass spoon, thermometer, hydrometer, 5gallon bucket.

I used a 20quart pot filled with 2gallons of water at 160*f
added in 1lb flaked wheat and 2 3/4lbs. of row malt

45minutes at 160*f. put silk bag of wheat/malt in a strainer and pour 1.5L of 170*f water over it into the pot. add 1gallon of water and boil.

Added 1oz of hops at a boil for 60minutes. last 15minutes added in 1/2oz of hops and last 5minutes added another 1/2oz of hops.

Transfer the big ass pot into a sink full of water and ice to cool down from a boil to 80*f within 20minutes. then pour into a 5gallon bucket. yes it looks like the aftermath of a bad night of mexican food, but during fermentation it will clear up a lot and the doo doo will sink to the bottom)

Add yeast. my recipe called for American hefeweizen. keep refrigerated until 24hrs prior to use, store at 70*f for 24hrs before use.

Put the lid on and fill your airlock 1/3 of the way up with water. this allows the mixture the churn and produce CO2 which will allow the yeast to eat up the sugar in the wort getting rid of unwanted proteins and to ferment into ALCOHOL! store in a cool dark place for 5-7.

Well that's where I'm at so far. I'll update this thread in 5-7 days! Woot woot, Nick has 5gallons of beer in his closet and you dont woot wooooot! lol
Pics came from my Droid2 (5 megapixels)

Last edited by wizard's blood; 12-29-2010 at 11:19 AM.
wizard's blood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

nice my G/f saw this on one of the show's she watches and said she wants to try it. but i will get her the mr.brew kit from harborfreight it's only 20 bucks and if she doesnt like it ill use it.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....

wow only $20? look into that shit. what all is included in that? My kit was $223 but that also included the 20quart pot, and the beer ingrediance with the recipe. man if your girl is intrigued by that that's awesome! i wish my girl gave a fuck about the shit i like lol.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

well i know it goes on sale all the time and tit was about 20 bucks last time i saw it at harbor freight. on there site it's $40 but still way less than you spend and if we dont like it it's not much of a loss to us.

here is the one im talking about.
Mr.Beer - beer kits, home brewing systems, and microbrewery supplies - Beer Kits
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Turbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Might have to drive up there and buy a case from ya!

Extremely interested in the outcome. In for updates. Might eventually try something like this..
Old 12-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gRubtastic is learning the way of the DgRubtastic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

sounds like ur on ur way to making some good brew let me know how that comes out
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poop Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigluelok View Post
well i know it goes on sale all the time and tit was about 20 bucks last time i saw it at harbor freight. on there site it's $40 but still way less than you spend and if we dont like it it's not much of a loss to us.

here is the one im talking about.
Mr.Beer - beer kits, home brewing systems, and microbrewery supplies - Beer Kits
oh ya ive seen thoughs too. forgot about those
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbs-McGee View Post
Might have to drive up there and buy a case from ya!

Extremely interested in the outcome. In for updates. Might eventually try something like this..
haha, where in austin are you? deffenitly start a brew up. its a lot of fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gRubtastic View Post
sounds like ur on ur way to making some good brew let me know how that comes out
for sure.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gRubtastic is learning the way of the DgRubtastic is learning the way of the D

i have a punmpkin ale that me and staypuff made a while back that is sitting in my closest that im about to keg up for new years. should be tasty. ill have some pics up when i put it in the keg
Old 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRubtastic View Post
i have a punmpkin ale that me and staypuff made a while back that is sitting in my closest that im about to keg up for new years. should be tasty. ill have some pics up when i put it in the keg
Most def son, i'm excited for this batch. You're probably gonna have to bottle some and come up to my place, I sold my car yesterday so I have no wheels

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

its all good. as long as i can stay at ur place it will be all good. who all coming and whos invited
Old 12-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Turbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
oh ya ive seen thoughs too. forgot about those

haha, where in austin are you? deffenitly start a brew up. its a lot of fun!

for sure.

Living in Cedar Park right now, moving back to Georgetown area in a few weeks. I lived there originally. What about you?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poop Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbs-McGee View Post
Living in Cedar Park right now, moving back to Georgetown area in a few weeks. I lived there originally. What about you?
im off mopac and spicewood springs about 10minutes NW or downtown
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Let me know when its done, def. want to know how it tastes. I always wanted to do this myself.

You Rep Me, and I'll Rep You Back!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pyro336 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

and yall just inspired me to get a brew kit =) my uncle makes his own wine(which ill do when i get back) now time for beer=)
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

are you going to keg it or bottle it. it takes an extra week if u bottle it and only an extra day if you keg. u should take a look at the pics i posted of my brew
Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Poop Sock

im going to bottle it. im saving up all my bottles right now, should be about 55 12oz bottles. im in no rush to have this finished. id rather wait and have it done right than drink an effy beer lol. im gonna have a small party at my place once it's done. oh and once i adding the priming/carbonation sugar and bottle it i have to store the bottles in a cool dark place for 3weeks.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

I've been doing this recently as well. Just bottled up my second batch which I will dub "weird ass wheat experiment #1". I hope it turns out well. Next on the list is a Pale Ale and a BIG double red or something like that.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

Im drunk but wiz youz dunno wtf your doing!!!! HHhHhhAHAHAHAHA,,, -_-... HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Poop Sock

AHHH HAHHA drunk ass! you dont knows me foool! lol im plastered and high lol. fml! hey you wanna make some money? i need you to do some body work on my 97 vw golf gl. i wrecked it tonight in a ditch *not drunk* im trying to find parts: hood fender, headlights oem maybe, driver side fender, pop some dents out, and some touch up paint. ill post some pics tomorrow wen its bright outside.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

my beer came out good and it only took me like 3 weeks to make and its done right. i think you should learn how to keg. its not that hard and you have ready to drink beer in just a couple extra days instead of having to wait 3 exrta weeks. plus you need to get a condtioning bucket for better taste. trust me you will learn through ttrail and error. i just had someone that knew what they were doing to guide me along. my pops
Advertisement

Tags
nomnomnom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in