Bobby Flay Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bobby Flay Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy

So my house still smells of the food from last night & I seen there's a food thread I was watching Food network for dinner ideas that had to deal with steak because I was trying to clear out my freezer from the half cow we bought so I decided to make this it took more time then I thought so here's the recipe I used its Bobby Flay Chicken Fried Steak
Ingredients
1 1/4 pound boneless round steak, fat trimmed and pounded a 1/4-inch thick

1 1/2 cups buttermilk(I used D milk)

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Canola oil
1/2 pound slab bacon, cut into lardons
2 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 cups whole milk, heated

2 tablespoons heavy cream

Finely chopped fresh thyme

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Fresh thyme sprigs
Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Cut the steak into 4 equal portions.

Place the buttermilk ( I used D milk )in a medium baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne and 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a bowl and divide between 2 baking dishes.

Dredge the pieces a few at a time in the flour mixture and pat off excess, then dip in the buttermilk and allow excess to drain off. Dredge in the second dish of flour and pat off the excess. Put the chicken pieces on a baking rack set over a baking sheet while the oil heats.

Place 1-inch of oil in a large cast iron skillet until it reaches 350 degrees F on a thermometer. Add the steak, 2 pieces at a time and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt. Repeat with the remaining meat. Transfer the meat to a rack set on a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you make the gravy.

Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan, leaving the crunchy pieces from the breading. Add the bacon and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.

Return the pan to the stove over medium heat. Whisk the flour into the pan and let cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk and continue to cook, whisking occasionally until thickened. Stir in the heavy cream and thyme and season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Serve 1 piece per person ladled with some of the sauce and garnished with a few pieces of bacon. Garnish with thyme sprigs.

I'm looking for a good Ham recipe ill post one soon as I'm making it for my family Christmas eve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hmotors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

oh hellllll naw, no pics man!!!!!???

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Lol I didn't think there was a section devoted towards food trust me ill post the ham for Christmas eve

Hmotors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in