Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gus
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Gus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Being that its grilling season I thought I would post a recipe that goes well with almost all BBQ. You could possibly use this with twiced bake potatoes or just add your favorite cheese to pimp this recipe out!! Here goes:

1. What you'll need

Russet Potatoes
Garlic
Milk
Unsalted Butter
Sour Cream
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (I like the peppercorn grinder and sea salt)
Chives
Parsley

2. Step One - Garlic

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Get a ~1'x1' sheet of aluminum foil and place a few cloves of garlic with the tips cut off and drizzled with olive oil. Close the foil so no oil can drip out and place in the oven. Its ready when it smells fragrant, about 15-20 minutes

3. Step Two - Potatoes

Clean and chop potatoes into roughly inch cube pieces, cover with about an inch of good water and add a pinch or two of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to med-hi heat. Boil potatoes for about 20 or so minutes, until a piece is soft and crumbles. This may take a couple batches to get right, not enough and it can be hard and stiff, too long and it can be thin and stringy. Drain water from potatoes leaving about a tablespoon to keep everything happy.

4. Step Three - Mash

Prepare ingredients, first finely chop a small bunch of chives and some parsley. Then measure about 2-2.5 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Mince a clove of the roasted garlic.

Next, add about a tablespoons of milk, two teaspoons of sour cream, the unsalted butter, garlic, chives, parsley, salt and pepper to taste to the cooked potatoes. Mash everything together being careful in the beginning because the melted butter will squirt. (heh!) Once all large chunks of potatoes are mashed move to a fork to fluff it up and viola home made potatoes that go awesome with beer, ribs, hamburgers and almost everything you throw at the grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 001.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	24667   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	24668   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 003.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	24669   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 004.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	24670   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 005.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	24671  

Last edited by Gus; 06-19-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gus
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Gus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like BoratGus smells like Borat

Moar...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 006.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	24672   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 007.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24673   Click image for larger version

Name:	RoastGarlicPotatoes 008.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	24674  
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 12 colsanders is learning the way of the Dcolsanders is learning the way of the D

Sound like the potatoes my fiance makes when we grill, except hers are skin on red potatoes. Man, i can wait to get home from iraq and grill! I love garlic on anythign i grill, or what she makes!
colsanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in