Sugar alternative - Agave nectar (news to me) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Sugar alternative - Agave nectar (news to me)

I was intro'd to this sweetner (syrup-like consistency) a week ago, been using in granola cereal and even cooked up some bread bowls with it. Works friggin great! I wonder if they make Horchata with this?

It's supposed to be pretty healthy, even safe for diabetics to use as it breaks down slow in the system.
Aeroflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

yea its real good. i like the other stuff agave makes

FUCK THIEVES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

Home Page - Truvia? - Nature's Perfect Sweetness?

another sugar substitute...

we make this at my work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroflux View Post
I was intro'd to this sweetner (syrup-like consistency) a week ago, been using in granola cereal and even cooked up some bread bowls with it. Works friggin great! I wonder if they make Horchata with this?

It's supposed to be pretty healthy, even safe for diabetics to use as it breaks down slow in the system.
Sounds good but is it a bone seeker like high fructose corn syrup?
christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic97 View Post
yea its real good. i like the other stuff agave makes
me to tequila is my best friend!
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Has anyone tried this stuff in coffee? I really need to knock out my sugar
in my coffee intake. That's where all my sugar comes from. I drink pots
a day.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 20 jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_Canasta View Post
Has anyone tried this stuff in coffee? I really need to knock out my sugar
in my coffee intake. That's where all my sugar comes from. I drink pots
a day.
My mom is the same way. Instant human...just add coffee. This might help her too.

1994 EH9 RIP -- 1992 BB2 RIP -- 1992 CB7 RIP
2004 Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi
jmn822000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn822000 View Post
My mom is the same way. Instant human...just add coffee. This might help her too.
Haha! For real, dude. The sugar I'm taking in a day is just nuts. I have to
stop. I won't be cutting down on coffee anytime soon 'cause it keeps me
running...but the sugar can definitely be taken out of the equation if
possible.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cxm
D-series soldier

Cxm It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Cxm Send a message via AIM to Cxm Send a message via MSN to Cxm Send a message via Yahoo to Cxm

this stuff is good i use it here to sweeten my green tea.

also use stevia.

will use splenda in a pinch but prefer the above two as they don't have negative impacts on the body.
Cxm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 RhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i should look into it. i drink coffee every day for 3 years [we have azn coffee shops in socal as well]. i used to put 10 packets of sugar every time and then this year i switched to 2 splendas. im gonna get owned.

RhapsodynMotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Mexicans been using that shit since the beginning of time, has certain properties to it that aspirin has as well

1996 Toyota 4runner SR5=best truck evar!!!

Quote:
ya for real how hard is it to open the lid pull the fuse scratch ur balls for 10 seconds then put the fuse back and close the lid lol
89civichxftw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 DemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I like sucralose
Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 allmotorcoupe24 is worse than Satan's assholeallmotorcoupe24 is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hhmmmmm
allmotorcoupe24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorcoupe24 View Post
hhmmmmm
Nice try, 35-40 posts in an hour just so you could try to get into FS/WTB section, reported and dotted.

Thanks to the powers that be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 07-18-2010 at 11:16 AM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 96accordsir is learning the way of the D96accordsir is learning the way of the D

and we got plenty here in az
Old 09-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

dude this stuff is great my mom introduced it to me because our family has a really bad history of diabetes. It has a really low sugar or glycogen or whatever index so its great for people who have diabetes or are trying to avoid it. I use it everyday in my morning yogurt/gronola/fruit/whateverthefuckiwannaadd
BuildingUp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

I too try to avoid sugar as much as i can.My dad is having diabetes,so i fear i can have any time.so i am very careful regarding sugar.

carlin45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

don't avoid sugar.....but avoid processed sugar!

Eat your fruits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
don't avoid sugar.....but avoid processed sugar! Eat your fruits!
thats not what they told me in my diabetes class!!

no, i am not diabetic. just getting closer as i march to 30 yrs old. so classes on how to eat are starting to make there way on my "to do" list.

i heard about this substitute last week, but have yet to try any. we shall see....

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

where do you buy it? I have'nt seen it in the food lion near me...

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in