Creole style chicken - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 brother dad is learning the way of the Dbrother dad is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Creole style chicken

This is an easy quick way to do something a little different with chicken and its pretty damn tasty as well.
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves or thighs whichever you prefer
2 medium onions diced
1 bell pepper diced you pick the color I prefer green
2 ribs celery sliced
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp olive or veggie oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper I usually add a little more

Saute the onion,pepper and celery in a large skillet until they are tender.
Add the remaining ingredients.Bring to a boil,then reduce heat&simmer uncovered till the chicken is done(10-15 min or 170 degrees with a meat thermometer)
Take out the chicken and cover with foil.
Return the veggie mixture to a boil then turn heat down and simmer for another 10-12 min till most of the liquid has evaporated.
Serve the sauce over the chicken with some rice.
Give this a try.
brother dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Hey Steve!

That recipe sounds delicious man! I just happen to have about three pounds of boneless chicken breasts in the freezer. I'll give it a try tomorrow night and let you know how it comes out.

P.S. I haven't spoken to Wryann yet. I'll try and get a hold of him tomorrow.
glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I must try this, only modified for ease of cooking.

I used to buy veggies pre chopped for salad, like onions, tri-color peppers, and celery.

I got bored with same old grilled chicken......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Just starting to think about this recipe is making me hungry.

Best part about the recipe is that it's Creole style. You can add spicey Italian sausage, clams, shrimp, muscles, or whatever else you want and serve it over a yellow safron rice.

YYUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

where's the old bay nah j/k.... sounds tasty man def gonna try this, maybe tomorrow for dinner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z6crx88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 brother dad is learning the way of the Dbrother dad is learning the way of the D

One good thing about this is its low fat and salt,if you follow the recipe.
I had a scare last week chest and left arm pains and spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital not a heart attack ,thank God. stress induced atypical chest pain but the cardiologist said low fat and sodium and it made me remember this dish I actually hadn't made it for a couple of years.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother dad View Post
One good thing about this is its low fat and salt,if you follow the recipe.
I had a scare last week chest and left arm pains and spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital not a heart attack ,thank God. stress induced atypical chest pain but the cardiologist said low fat and sodium and it made me remember this dish I actually hadn't made it for a couple of years.

Do whatever it takes man to keep the stress at a minimum. I've been through all that with the doctors, high blood pressure meds, everything! It's not worth it at all. Start eating healthy and get some regular exercise.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I don't salt...unless it is potatoes.

My problem with sodium lies in processed food.......HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Bake at home frozen pizza, big name brand, "not delivery"......800 mg of salt per serving. So if I ate 1/2 the pizza, that would be one days allowance of sodium.

Eating cheap is not good.
Eating good is not cheap.

Stress.......I quit a job of 14 years in 1999 as my doctor said if I didn't quit...........well I wouldn't be typing this now or have ever joined in 2003. Wish I could have stuck it out in a different department, in 5 years I would have retired at age 48 with FULL benefits....but thats not possible when you are pushing up daises....like my father.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 02-26-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

25+ yrs of being a UPS driver doesn't help the stress level either
Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother dad View Post
25+ yrs of being a UPS driver doesn't help the stress level either
Not when they up your quotas so much only the young guns can run from the truck to the door and back.....at every stop.

(forgets, I'm the younger one here!)

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I don't salt...unless it is potatoes.

My problem with sodium lies in processed food.......HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Bake at home frozen pizza, big name brand, "not delivery"......800 mg of salt per serving. So if I ate 1/2 the pizza, that would be one days allowance of sodium.

Eating cheap is not good.
Eating good is not cheap.

Excellent Quote!

The sodium will kill you if you don't watch out for it. One of my favorites, Taco Bell Mucho Grande Nachos has 2670 mgs of salt. Thats enough for a whole week!! Hell, nearly everything I love to eat is bad for me!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Not when they up your quotas so much only the young guns can run from the truck to the door and back.....at every stop.

(forgets, I'm the younger one here!)

Yep!
I've got you by a few years Bone. How about you Steve? If I guessed 45 would I be close?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I'll be 57 in May
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenniz View Post
Yep!
I've got you by a few years Bone. How about you Steve? If I guessed 45 would I be close?
BD has 13 years on me, I'm 43!!!!!!

Taco Bell Double Decker Taco's, I used to get three at a time @ .99 each, but they are now 1.79 and I rarely get them. It was Beast Ice + TB DDT's.

Three DDT's has 2460 mg of sodium, then add in 9 packets of sauce, two fire and on hot per DDT.......which now leads to acid reflux issues.

Dammit, three old farts talking trash and I'm the youngest.......HAHAHAHAHA!

Take that DSO!

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

My 3 DDT's

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
BD has 13 years on me, I'm 43!!!!!!

Taco Bell Double Decker Taco's, I used to get three at a time @ .99 each, but they are now 1.79 and I rarely get them. It was Beast Ice + TB DDT's.

Three DDT's has 2460 mg of sodium, then add in 9 packets of sauce, two fire and on hot per DDT.......which now leads to acid reflux issues.

Dammit, three old farts talking trash and I'm the youngest.......HAHAHAHAHA!

Take that DSO!
Ain't that something, between the three of us there's a hundred and fifty years of shit talkin', beer drinkin' and car racin'.

And talk about acid reflux....you know you've got a problem when you don't leave your house without your wallet, the car keys and your pack of Tums.

Well I'll be fifty one this coming August, and all I can say is.....man it went by fast!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

yet to do the Tums.......but I take a Tagamet before eating above pizza, Taco Bell, etc.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Tums, can't leave home without them. I may try the once daily pills soon, all this calcium can't be healthy.

The Taco Bell chart still blows me away. They have got to be less healthy than even cigarettes, but god do I love their food!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenniz View Post
Tums, can't leave home without them. I may try the once daily pills soon, all this calcium can't be healthy.

The Taco Bell chart still blows me away. They have got to be less healthy than even cigarettes, but god do I love their food!
You need a real scare?????

Look up two DBL CHZ, large fry, large Powerade with refill on McD's.

Quote:

Last edited by transzex; 02-26-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I won't even walk through the doors of that place, just the smell would be enough to clog my arteries and cause a heart attack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in