Pernil (Roast Pork). - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer
Talking Pernil (Roast Pork).

Ingredients

1 8-10 lbs. PERNIL (Pork Shoulder)
1 head of garlic(mince)
Adobo to your taste(i make my own but you can buy premade)
2 Teaspoons of corse ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 Teaspoon of crushed oregano

Adobo recipe

•4 Tbsp Salt
•4 Tbsp Garlic powder
•2 Tbsp Onion powder
•2 Tbsp black pepper
•2 Tbsp cumin
•2 Tbsp saffron
•2 Tbsp dried oregano
•1 Tbsp Lemon zest
•1 Tbsp turmeric
•1 Tbsp paprika
•1 Tbsp coriander
•1 Tbsp dried cilantro

Directions
1.Start by pre-heating your oven to 350º.
2.Sit down and peel all the garlic and mince(or buy it minced already)
3.Wash the pernil with cold water and sprinkle some adobo to your taste. For a better flavor, season the night before. Make stabs (about 1 inch wide) so you can put the paste like mixture in them.
4. Mash the garlic to a paste and add the oregano and pepper.
5.After the garlic and pepper are well mixed, add the olive oil and stir with a spoon to make a paste like mixture. (sorry i didn't take a pic).
6.Place about 1 teaspoon of the paste into each hole of the pernil.
7.Cover the bottom of your baking pan with aluminum foil and place the pernil on top.
8.Cover the pernil well with aluminum foil so it will come out juicy, not dry. Uncover it for the last 15 - 20 minutes on a high setting for some crunchy "chicharrón" skin.
9.Bake for 4 to 5 hours at 350º. (The time depends on your oven. Check it in 3½ hours).
10.Sit down and relax and enjoy.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

i will add caption to the pics in a few..

Old 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

fuck now i'm hungry. thank you remo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

yup that looks awesome. would make some great tacos!

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
yup that looks awesome. would make some great tacos!
wow i never thought of that a puerto rican dish made in to a mexican meal..

add some cilantro a splash of lime juice then you have an awesome taco...

Old 12-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

whats up with all this good looking food on paper plates get one real plate to take the pics on lol na but anyways looks awesome man
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMotorDPower View Post
whats up with all this good looking food on paper plates get one real plate to take the pics on lol na but anyways looks awesome man
sound great and when i'm done you can wash my dishes...

Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

ill do the dishes as long as i get free food lol
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 kaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
wow i never thought of that a puerto rican dish made in to a mexican meal..

add some cilantro a splash of lime juice then you have an awesome taco...
its all latin boss...

i have a 7 pound shoulder going on the smoker tomorrow...

yours looks great...
I say light it on fire just a little bit, so that it knows you mean busniess.
kaace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

To funny i just so happen to make this the day after Remo did...But either one of us knew the other was making it

Great minds think alike

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMotorDPower View Post
ill do the dishes as long as i get free food lol
then it's on.. i also pay in gtrat meals like this for ppl that help me with my build. yes dan(blk92 d16) i know i owe a apple crisp. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaace View Post
its all latin boss...

i have a 7 pound shoulder going on the smoker tomorrow...

yours looks great...
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi View Post
To funny i just so happen to make this the day after Remo did...But either one of us knew the other was making it

Great minds think alike
yeah but you never send me a pic cliff.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

fuck! i already ate dinner, but now my fat ass is hungry again. fuck you remo....

not really, but i think i might just have to make that tomorrow! woot!

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in