Carne asada tacos - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan
Default Carne asada tacos

Carne Asada Tacos;

Supplies are as follows
Table cream *la mexicana brand* optional.
1 package Carne Asada
1 container of thin taqueria style salsa or sauce, *i use herdez Ranchera canned *
1 Large White Onion
1 bushel of cilantro
equiv. of 1/2 cup lime juice and lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
Chile De Limon powder
Corn tortillas
Avacado
Cabbage (shredded or a whole head)
Cotija cheese or queso fresco.

ok so, grab your self a marinating dish, something to contain your meat *hah* and the marinade, add the meat 1/2 lemon,lime and orange juice (maybe some corona or tecate if you happen to be drinking) add in the cilantro between the slices of asada .
cut your large white onion in half and dice it, or dice the whole thing* your gonna need to dice it eventually* throw some onion in the marinade as well. (let sit for atleast 2 hours or more. the citric acid breaks down the meat and makes it tenders!. =P

after its marinaded take it out and begin to choppin it up, into strips and then across 1/4 inch lil chunks will be ok or what ever you can trust your self to cut.

take a pot and throw in some of that onion,cilantro,meat,Chile De limon' powder,salt,pepper and some more of that marinade and cook it up, do not over cook your meat, it wont take long since its small pieces

*slice up your avacado/shred your cabbage/crumble your cheese and get your tortillas ready*.

after your meat is done make sure your ready to make your tacos, bowl of onions,plated and sliced avacado,bowl of cabbage,crumbled cheese. couple lemon/lime wedges, salt.

the way i do my tortillas is on the burner, use 2 per taco , use the burner to not only warm them but put a lil love on em too,.

thats about it. put sliced avocado down, your meat,onion,cilantro, some cabbage, top with cheese and a bit of squeezed lemon and salt-

guaranteed.
holla!

shit, dont forget the tapatio!.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 LoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to allLoveMy92Hatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hmmm sounds good.. but. missing a couple of things.

1) some good chile (home made FTB)
2) wile youre cookin grill some of them Green onions with some salt!!! ooohhhhh im drooling just thinkin of it!!!

shit we needa host a BBQ!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The more i think about it, the more i laugh. I'm a smoker and a drinker, if ramen is what kills me, then fuck it i had it coming.

lol
LoveMy92Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

yum grilled green onions on top would be the finishing touch.. i dont trust my self to make teh chile' ill leave that for the true brown guys

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 kaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunnakaace is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

solamente queso fresco...

i think i shall make my version friday night...
I say light it on fire just a little bit, so that it knows you mean busniess.
kaace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 SiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunnaSiRLasVegas is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

i let mine soak in a little beer too

my build
SiRLasVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

one of my favorite meals.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

IŽll add some guacamole and papa asada.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

pics or it never happened
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Alex_440

i would add some entire onion cuted in 4 parts with salt warped in aluminum foil over the char broil.

and maybe some "chiles gueros" with cheese inside.
Alex_440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

panda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcanopanda is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to panda

remember carne asada is just meat.. ya gotta tell em curtain steak or someshit like that.. cause only place they sell the thin shit is publix here..

but yes.. its the sex i make this stuff regularly tapitio ftmfw lol

panda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in