Garlic Dinner(if you like garlic items, enter) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Garlic Dinner(if you like garlic items, enter)

Here is a dinner a friend of mine and I came up with.
WARNING: dinner contents will be LOADED with garlic, the garlic taste however will be mostly cooked out.

40 clove chicken:
you need the following:
water
butter(no set amount, all depends on your taste, i use ~1/4 stick of butter)
garlic(depends on how much chicken you use, as a rule i'll use ~1 whole garlic per lb of chicken)
boneless chicken breast(use as much as you like/can fit in the pan, but make sure you scale up/down the other ingrediants for the correct amount of chicken)
italian seasoning(s)(if you have it, use fresh seasoning...OMG so much better)
preparation:
now here comes the pain the a$$ part...take apart the whole garlic and unwrap each clove individualy...once that is done you need to crack, NOT cut, just crack each clove.
get a large deep frying pan(with a lid), and fill 1/8 of the frying pan with water...
start to heat on high(realize i use a gas stove, and not sure the correction on temp for electric stoves) and put the chicken in the frying pan...
take the cracked garlic cloves and place all around the pan...
take slices of the butter and place all around the pan...
take your seasoning and JUST cover the top of the chicken with it, that will be all the seasoning you need (unless you just REALING like the seasoning)
raise the water level as needed to bring it up to almost covering the chicken...
cover the frying pan with the lid, and let boil for about 45 minutes (rotate the chicken every 15-20 minutes)...
once done, check the chicken to ensure it has been cooked thoroughly...
the 40 clove chicken is now done, but what about side items?

homemade mozzerella garlic toast:
texas toast
butter
mozzerella cheese
preperation:
butter your bread...
once the chicken is cooked, take some of the boiled garlic cloves and spread it on the bread(literally, you can spread the garlic cloves like butter)...
sprikle some cheese on it...
bake in the over at 375 for about 7 minutes, and voila home made garlic bread with cheese...

and one more side item to complete this garlic/italian infested meal:
true garlic mash potatoes:
what you'll need:
potatoes
milk
preperation:
clean, peal, and dice the potatoes...
get a deep pan, like one you would use to boil spagetti in, and boil the potatoes until they want to muush...
drain the water, and smash the potatoes...
i'll add about 1/8 cup of milk per pound of potatoes...
then take the boiled cloves from the pan of 40 clove chicken and mix it into the mash potatoes, NOTE: do some testing as you go along to make sure you don't get to much garlic into the mash potatoes...

this is a dinner that i make at home that most people can't believe they like...it sounds like a LOT of garlic, and it is, but most of the garlic taste is cook/boiled out, so don't worry to much about the taste...

a couple of facts about this meal, a full lower fat meal...will clean out your entire system, good for after a weeks worth of junk food, fast food, and physical labor...it will also make you feel pretty good the next day...caution, this can make you smell like garlic for a day or two afterwards, and remember it will not only clean you blood stream and whatnot, but it WILL clean out your system...LMAO!!!(no seriuosly, its delicous, just be aware...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

just wanted to say, this d-series cookbook was a GREAT idea...as soon as i get time to cook for myself again, i'll be trying all sorts of recipes, woohoo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

this is great if your having a vampire over for dinner lol! haha nice work custom it looks good but i dont like garlic. you see my toast recipe? lol great writeup :td:
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

all these recipes need pics!!! you cant make a cook book with out pics!
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

^^when i cook it next time i'll be sure to through up a pic...unfortunetly my current job prohibits me from cooking...working 2-10 SUCKS!!

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 11-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
this is great if your having a vampire over for dinner lol! haha nice work custom it looks good but i dont like garlic. you see my toast recipe? lol great writeup :td:
yes...lol...yes i did, have to wait until i get home to check out the flow chart though, all pictures are blocked at the firewall here at work

Quote:

^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 dmindles is learning the way of the Ddmindles is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to dmindles

Need one rule for the cookbook section,must submit fotos or ban!!!!

96dx coupe
d16y7
ex tranny
cai
dnx header
stock exhaust
ngk spark plugs+5hp
skunk2 short shifter
type R shift knob+10hp
SI tail lights
SI spoiler
delsol rims
front lip unknown brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2HIFI
i like how it's a ek9 with a d series and automatic.
seriously kids just throwing that type r name around now a days .. it's like name dropping for a used car salesman
dmindles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness

I will be using this forum a lot.

Quote:
If you want to be my friend put your dick in my hand...
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Green beans and "tastefully simples'" Garlic Garlic! (yes, the name of the product is garlic garlic, Brand is Tastefully simple) try it, soooooo good!
Mix that with some creamy chicken.....AWESOME dinner

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Pics should be mandatory for recipe threads b/c damn reading some of these makes me hungry as hell.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in