POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE'S! jump on in gang - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Everything Else » D-Series Cookbook

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1
Default POST YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE'S! jump on in gang

Let me put it this way and very simply, I love food. Occasionally I like to cook and enjoy the taste of a good home cooked meal as apposed to restaurant garbage.
I want to see some of your favorite recipes. guys get your girls to participate if you can, this can be fun.
If youre having a party, trying to experiment, having a date or just plain saving money these recipes can be valuable on many levels.
Different people have different taste, and I myself like to try new things so don't hold back guys.

so heres mine and the 1st example

Scampi with fettuccine

ingredients:

one 16 oz box of fettuccine pasta
4 tablespoons of budda
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves of minced or finely chopped garlic ( i like to use more sometimes )
2 pounds of shelled and de-veined RAW shrimp. Ill explain later why raw
1/2 cup of chopped italian parsley, regular will do as well
6 teaspoons of graded lemon peel. sometimes i go crazy and do the whole lemon.
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste. same with pepper
2/3 cup of either chicken broth or dry white whine ( cheap chardonnay works great)

ok, lets get to work here.
1st thing you want to do is get your water boiling for the pasta. i personally like to throw some olive oil in the water so the pasta doesn't stick together.

go and grab yourself a nice sized saucepan/frying pan.
throw your budda and extra virgin in the pan and melt it all down.

turn your heat up to medium and toss that garlic inn. cook 1 minute.
add shrimp and cook for an additional minute.
if your shrimp is precooked it will overcook and become way too tough, raw shrimp ftw.

add all the remaining ingredients and cook until shrimp turns pink on both sides. take the lemon that you graded and chop it in half. squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture.

usually i try to time it so the pasta is already done so i can just pour the remaining mixture over the pasta and stir.
YOU DID IT! enjoy the fruits of your hard labor while watching family guy, or simpsons.

ok guys, now your turn. any bullshit will be deleted by yours truly

Last edited by drunkinmaster1; 07-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.
drunkinmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

mine is very easy.

get some chicken breast and cut it into squares. use black pepper, garlic and olive oil for seasoning.

stir fry them chickem squares.

cook your favourite pasta. al dente is awesome, but if you want your pasta a lil more cooked, well do it as you please.

while the pasta is cooking, mix raisins, chickpeas, corn in a bowl. also you need swiss cheese and marinara or pesto sauce.

when the pasta is ready, mix all and add the sauce.

then add the swiss cheese.

enjoy.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

Last edited by drunkinmaster1; 07-13-2009 at 07:32 PM.
eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

rep for you man. ill have to try that.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

thanks man!

could you please edit my post after "enjoy." i'm trying to, but me cell won't let me do that.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
insert user title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddcartes View Post
thanks man!

could you please edit my post after "enjoy." i'm trying to, but me cell won't let me do that.
done
Old 07-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punkbomb138 Send a message via Yahoo to punkbomb138

i got lots of concoctions i made while i was working as a short order but most of it is fried so. best wings i ever made was at that job all the kidsloved em and would only order when i was working.

wings of your selection
4 cups texas pete or whichever hot sauce u like
2.5 cups of bbq sauce also of your choosing

fry wings plain, after they are good and done put them into a tupperware container containing you two sauces and shake vigorously. let cool and enjoy.

i mostly cook out of a box now cause im lazy.

pork chops is also something i like to cook i made this one the other day. its kinda conventional but was an experiment also.

take however many pork chops u want to cook let hem thaw and what not.
mix one or more (depending on how many chops u r making) bags of chake and bake original pork mix. add to that one to two teaspoons of garlic powder as it mixes better, and one teaspoon or less dependant on how u like it of onion powder, add pepper and salt as u wish. now shake the bag up to mix ingredients thouroghly.
add chops chake and bake to the desired level of perfection.

also like to make garlic and herb mashed potatoes.

make your mashed potatoes as u like to make them.
once all cooked add salt and pepper as u like aswell as onion and garlic powder and add some not alot of rosemary. u gotta experiment with how much of the rosemary to use some like it stronger than others. mix all this with milk to make your potatoes the desired thickness and a lil butter also your choice on how much butter to use. then its done. im not one of those specific kinda ppl if u couldnt tell. i just like to mix and match so i never truelly measure my ingredients.

if i can get the recipe my mom makes an awesome chicken and dough ball meal.

Last edited by punkbomb138; 07-13-2009 at 07:58 PM.
punkbomb138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
insert user title here

ill rep you too sir. all recipes will be repped so keep them coming.
please no easy mac, or eggo. i want to see some real food.

i have an awesome steak or poultry rub that i make for my t-bones or ribeye steak.

one teaspoon of mesquite seasoning, 3 teaspoons of cavenders greek seasoning, 3 teaspoons of old bay seasoning.
rub it on your steak ( both sides of course )
flip the steak only once. i like to wait till i see the red juices flowing through the top of the steak. BAM!!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

no pics? booooo
Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
insert user title here

haha thats your job
Old 07-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!

im in college so dont make fun of me carbo load with a protein kick great for a post workout snack

they have these cans of chicken chunks at walmart, and ez rice (cheap crap) i will cook ramen noodles (put them in the glass part of your coffee maker, make sure all the grounds are outta the top and turn it on. ramen noodles in 10 minutes.) heat the rice in the microwave, then do dthe chicken chunks.

mix it all together and you have a nice lean 400 calories of decently healthy carbs, and about 10 grams of protein

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
insert user title here

LOL i actually like it
Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Sausage-Peppers-Onion

What you will need:

1 Large Onion
2-3 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 package Italian Sausage - I get them in packs of 24 from Costco, So about 6-8 links
Salt
Black Pepper
Beef Bouillon

Lets get started
Slice large Onion into strips along with Bell Pepper keep separate...

In Large Skillet on Med Heat begin to cook Onion add about 2-3 teaspoons of Beef Bouillon salt/black pepper to taste (keep in mind) beef bouillon is salty..continue to cook until Onion appear to be clear
Remove to a plate or bowl

In the same large skillet begin to cook your Bell Pepper...you want the bell pepper to be soft but not cooked all the way.. I guess you can call it Par cooked
Remove to bowl or plate

Take your 6-8 sausage links brown the out side leaving the center alittle pink you may have to slice one to see how they are coming out... Once browned Remove

Cut on the bias combined

Sausage- Onion-Pepper in oven save casserole style pan
Throw this Shizit in the over 375 Degree for Say 20-40 minutes or until Sausage is no longer pink

Enjoy over rice or on a nice roll with mustard

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (choice is your)
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion - i mince my onioin but you can chop to your taste
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs

Lets Cook

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan. ( i use butter PAM)

put ketchup and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and mix your heart out till all combined.

Mix the ground beef, milk, eggs, salt, black pepper, onion, ginger and bread crumbs thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. once all the ingredients are mixed add 3 to four healthy spoons of the brown sugar and ketchup mixture and mix together.

now load your mixture into the loaf pan and glaze the top of your meat loaf with the remaining ketchup and brown sugar glaze mixture. if any ketchup glaze is left over put in fridge for later use.

Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. remove from the loaf pan and slice your meat loaf. now pour some of the ketchup glaze in between the slices of meatloaf and enjoy.

I cook a pot of steamed rice with this choice is yours but i love this recipe.

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

Me and my shift partner at the fire station whipped something up...we took large tortilla and a can of tune, splash of garlic salt and cheese n made a tuna quesadilla lol

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Ok, I used to be a hibachi chef, but i've picked up a few things along the way. Here's my take on a very basic, but very tasty/filling chicken and pasta dish:

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, deskinned and trimmed of excess fat
1 box of pasta of your choice (~1lb)
3-5 bell peppers of various colors (i.e. green, yellow and orange are my usual suspects)
1 jar of preferred pasta sauce (I prefer Ragu, cuz it's thicker, and usually the garlic parmesan or mushroom variety)
1/2 garlic clove (or more if you like garlic....like me)
1/2-1 TBSP of olive oil
salt
pepper
Montreal Steak Seasoning (for the chicken)

Process:
-start by putting on a large pot of water to boil for the pasta
-in a small to medium pot, start to heat up the pasta sauce on low heat...covered
-de-cap and de-sead the peppers and slice into 1/8 to 1/4" slices
-get a skillet or large pan on the heat and drop in the olive oil and some salt and pepper to your liking
-dice up the garlic real fine and toss that into the skillet/pan
-take a fork and poke holes on both sides of the chicken (stab it a few times on each side) and season heavily w/ the Montreal Steak Seasoning
-water should be up to a boil now so toss in the pasta
-throw all the sliced peppers into the skillet/pan and keep it moving (don't want it to burn)
-once everything is cooked to your liking (timing is of the utmost important so as not to burn the peppers or chicken or make the pasta too soggy. I prefer my pasta aldente)
-start to plate up the food, starting with the pasta, then the peppers, then the sauce, and lay the chicken on the top
-ENJOY!

This recipe serves ~4 people, but can be cut back for 1-3 people...obviously. It's fairly quick, super easy, tastes REALLY good, and the presentation is pretty impressive, especially if you're cooking this for a date.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

^^my mouth is watering

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Yeah, it is a GREAT recipe, came up w/ it all on my own, and it's super simple, yet super filling! Feel free to make little changes to it for your own personal taste!

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

green sauce'd up chicken & roasted veggies:

(I usualy just wing it so mesurements are estimated)

2 large chicken boobies
6-8 small youkon gold or red potatoes
1 large carrot
1 large red or yellow onion
1 large bell pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
3-5 cloves of garlic (your taste)
1-2 sprigs rosemary
2 medium lemons
salt and pepper to taste

preheat oven to 375

cut potato, onion, carrot and bell pepper into roughly inch chunks.
Drizzle small amount of oil and season with pinch of salt and pepper and rosemary leaves, toss to coat. place vegtables in baking dish and transfer to oven.

in a blender combine parsley, garlic, juice from two lemons, remaning olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.

when the potatoes are near done (just before fork tender) place chicken breasts on top of vegtables and coat with parsley mixture. resume baking until chicken is done (juices run clear)

big chunks of sourdough bread are a must to soak up the extra juice, and a cool dolup of thick plain yougurt on top is money. This recipe also works well with salmon or any other fish.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Here are some things we made when i was a chef at Tippy Lake Country club
Enjoy

Shrimp Genovese

12 oz Cream
4 oz Basil Pesto
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Ground Pepper
8 oz shrimp, 40 to 50 pieces
1 ¼ lbs Linguini, Cooked
1/3 cup Romano Cheese, grated
2 Tbl Basil, diced
¼ cup Pine Nuts, Toasted

Add the cream, the pesto, the salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Once the sauce comes to a simmer, add the shrimp. Reduce the sauce slightly so it begins to thicken. Drop the pasta for three seconds, drain well, and add to the sauce. Toss the pasta with the sauce and add the Romano Cheese. Plate the pasta on the plate working as many shrimp as possible over the top. Garnish with basil and pine nuts and serve.

Herb-Stuffed Red Snapper
Be careful when testing for doneness, as steam will escape from the foil when you open it. A whole fish makes a dramatic entrée, best served family-style so guests can help themselves to this succulent dish. If you have extra fresh herbs on hand, garnish the platter with them.
Yield

4 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces fish and 1 lemon wedge)
Ingredients

* 1 (4-pound) cleaned whole red snapper
* Cooking spray
* 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt, divided
* 4 lemon slices
* 4 large fresh basil leaves
* 3 parsley sprigs
* 3 mint sprigs
* 2 thyme sprigs
* 4 lemon wedges

Preparation

1. Prepare grill.

2. Score fish by making 3 diagonal cuts on each side. Lay 1 (18 x 12–inch) sheet of foil flat on a work surface, and coat with cooking spray. Place fish in center of sheet; rub oil in fish cavity. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt in fish cavity; sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt evenly on both sides of fish. Place lemon slices and next 4 ingredients (through thyme) in fish cavity. Wrap fish in foil, twisting ends to seal; place fish on grill rack. Grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Discard lemon slices and herbs. Serve fish with lemon wedges.

Crab Mornay
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Source: Better Homes and Gardens

A combination of natural and processed Swiss cheese makes the sauce for this seafood classic extra smooth and creamy.

1 to 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen cooked crab legs (1-1/2 cups cooked crabmeat)
1 10-ounce package (6) frozen patty shells
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small leek, sliced, or 1/2 cup sliced green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Dash white pepper
2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or milk
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded process Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
2 tablespoons dry sherry
Fresh chives (optional)
Fresh thyme (optional)

1. Thaw crab, if frozen. (Ask your butcher to crack fresh crab legs for you. Otherwise, use kitchen shears to crack them open.) Remove crabmeat from shells and cut up. Set aside.

2. Bake patty shells according to package directions.

3. In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms, leek or green onion, and garlic in margarine or butter until tender but not brown. Stir in flour and white pepper. Add half-and-half, light cream, or milk all at once. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Reduce heat.

4. Add natural Swiss cheese and process Swiss cheese to cream mixture; stir until melted. Stir in crabmeat and dry sherry. Heat through; do not boil. Serve immediately in patty shells. Garnish with fresh chives and thyme, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

Parmesan Herb Encrusted Tilapia

Finely chopped almonds, bread crumbs and McCormick® Parmesan Herb Seasoning Blend combine to make a crust for tilapia that's tasty enough for a restaurant menu.

Makes 4 servings.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes
ingredients

1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped

1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs

3 tablespoons McCormick® Parmesan Herb Seasoning Blend

1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika

1 pound tilapia fillets

Olive oil
directions

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix almonds, bread crumbs, Seasoning Blend and paprika in shallow dish.

2. Brush fish lightly with oil. Coat evenly with almond mixture. Place fish on greased foil-lined shallow baking pan.

3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Tips

Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute red snapper, striped bass, flounder or sole for the tilapia.

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Also a tip for cooking beef on temps/rare,med rare,med,med well, well

open your hand facing palm up, shake is loose
now on the meaty part under your thumb touch it this is rare, nice a soft
touch your thumb and index together med rare, a little firmer
touch your middle finger and thumb this is med, a little firmer
touch your ring finger to thumb this is med well, a little tighter
touch your pinky to your thumb this is well, now should be real firm

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in