more complaining? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Community Help Section Community Help

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 mountaineerjeff is learning the way of the Dmountaineerjeff is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default more complaining?

So, newbs need posts. Noob section doesn't effect post count....makes sense.

Newbs should introduce themselves, also, no effect.

And if you have something decent to share, then build thread, and guess what? Nope.

And given I've got a pretty good understanding on how you guys like to handle this type if stuff I'm gonna go ahead and answer myself.

'Tough luck, If you don't like it you can leave' feel free to prove me right.

I was about to start a build thread, but then read that it can't be posted in the tech forums, despite seeing multiple there, and then got discouraged because if you don't put any value on build threads, then why waste my time sharing?
mountaineerjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

We are a very close community here and we like the way we do things, instead of encouraging you to leave, I would say just get with the program. If you want to be part of a Honda "community" that is a runaway trainwreck but is easy to gain classifieds access, I recommend the one initialed "HT".

Whatever decision you go with, complaining will change nothing but the way people view you....

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 mountaineerjeff is learning the way of the Dmountaineerjeff is learning the way of the D

I've been on hT forever, but they are more less, mentally incapable.

Just saying it's kinda one sided. I've got a pretty sweet build that I'm in the final stages of, but not counting posts makes it seem like no one gives a darn.

I just find it odd that no one sees how terrible the gap is made from newb to contributing member...I understand keeping down post whoring and all, but pretty much every single dseries tech has been covered, so you either break the rules by not searching, or whoring, or you do the opposite and it's impossible to move forward.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Maybe you put too much value on post count? I mean, if ALL my posts counted, I'd have several thousand. This isn't a "post count" dick measuring contest, contribute. If somebody asks a tech question and you have input, share. If you are doing something technical but have questions and have given due diligence to seek answers first, start a thread. Don't worry about prestige, that only comes one way, from contributing in a meaningful way

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Alright well I guess ill just give up, I went ahead and started a build thread, but I'll just look forward to breaking breaking a hundred posts by the time I retire. (Like 40+ yrs.)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
We are a very close community here and we like the way we do things, instead of encouraging you to leave, I would say just get with the program. If you want to be part of a Honda "community" that is a runaway trainwreck but is easy to gain classifieds access, I recommend the one initialed "HT".

Whatever decision you go with, complaining will change nothing but the way people view you....
Quote:
Maybe you put too much value on post count? I mean, if ALL my posts counted, I'd have several thousand. This isn't a "post count" dick measuring contest, contribute. If somebody asks a tech question and you have input, share. If you are doing something technical but have questions and have given due diligence to seek answers first, start a thread. Don't worry about prestige, that only comes one way, from contributing in a meaningful way

i think you got your answer here.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
I've been on hT forever, but they are more less, mentally incapable.
Do you think they could weed out some of their mental incapability by trading off some of their luxuries? Like open access to the classifieds and letting every post count...

I hear your concerns man and it is a catch 22 but at the same time it's like that for a reason. We, DSO, attract all kinds of people; good/bad/weird/low life/baller/etc and to insure that we don't attract trouble makers (which we attract A BUNCH OF) we have to take some extreme measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
Alright well I guess ill just give up, I went ahead and started a build thread, but I'll just look forward to breaking breaking a hundred posts by the time I retire. (Like 40+ yrs.)
In all honesty, getting 65 posts isn't that hard. I did it in about 3 days and no I'm not joking.

Here's what I'd recommend, learn to search. When you see someone ask a technical question, search for the answer and post that. Post counts, you learn something, and so does the OP. Even if the initial question has been answered you can still post the source that you found...

You sound like a good guy, don't give up.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

It took me a year after joining to hit 65 post and I was a guest for quite a few months

The simplest way to look at is. If you search, search, and search some more on your project the questions will arise. Searching leads to a intelligent questions. Then ask/answer a question and before you know it your up there.

Side note
Post count don't mean a damn thing either. Other than getting into the classified its borderline worthless. Trust me on that one. I own 3 Hondas and they are right now getting better every part installed on them. Like the 98 accord coupe with h22 manual swap and crx with $4500 dumped in it. easily in the top idk 2% of the rides on this site yet even I get blasted by noobs and or post whores whom still live with mom driving thier hand me down civic.

So once again post count doesn't equal intelligence. If you can use your head you will be liked better than %80 of the post whores and %99.9 of the noobs
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 NN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcano
NN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcano

I don't recall how long it took me to get 65 posts, but it was quite some time... could have actually been more than a year. Like you, I tend to search for my answers and don't see a lot of reason to add my input when the stuff already posted covers it. I did post if I had something to add or perhaps another viewpoint on a topic, or on the rare occasion that something came up where I found no prior thread (more likely a search error on my part) and needed input. Some here know me from other sites and can attest to the fact that I am no post whore- it usually takes me years to get a post count up to what the average board denizen hits in a month or less. Still, I've stuck it out because I see value in the forums and the membership here. I have a LOT of different interests and as such a lot of different forums I visit because of this. Sure, it may take a while to get to the point where members recognize you and what (if any) value there is in what you have to say but, if the material on this site interests you, there's no better place to be for D series info!

BTW, don't sweat the classifieds... they're really aren't many killer deals or a lots of stuff that you're just dying to get your hands on. In fact, I see more goodies on CL every day that would interest me than the stuff that shows up here. I suppose I could always post up a WTB ad for stuff, but I try hard to find stuff I'm looking for local as opposed to dealing with all of the issues that come along with shipping stuff. That's not to say I haven't done so- just that I don't like dealing with freight companies if I don't have to. I recently found myself a D16Z6 long block, complete from pan to VC along with intake, injectors & fuel rail, TB, dizzy, alternator, exhaust manifold & downpipe for $200 on CL. I had to drive to Smyrna, TN to pick it up, but at that price it will serve as an excellent rebuild platform for my Sol. The closest I found to that on the DSO classifieds was in Ohio and a couple hundred more without the accessories.

In other words, forget about the post count- you'll likely be disappointed if you joined the site just to get into the classifieds. Enjoy the folks & content and your post count will eventually grow to the point that you'll find access to anything that interests you here. It took me quite a while, but it is worth the effort. One more thing- all whining about it will do is cause the admin to push your needed count higher!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Honestly I never cared about post count. I introduced myself, then went on to read threads. I gave my input on them. Some stuff I knew and help others, while some stuff I didn't know and ask questions till I understood everything.
I was going to buy something on ebay and a member told me to check the for sell thread. By that time I was above 65 post.

So it just goes to show you that if you actually have anything to give to the site you won't have a problem.

And newbie section and some others don't count towards your post count but as said it's not the post count that matters it's your knowledge and helpfulness.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Whats the classifieds?

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Contribute by helping others who have questions in the technical sub forums. Or ask questions there about things people are discussing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Simple, answer peoples questions that are too lazy to search....or who haven't developed a good search sense with useful info and the post count will grow.....

and grow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I do that from time to time, I might not know the answer but I search it out...and contribute. What kills me is when people ask questions that I read the answer to years ago in the stickies, like "what tranny fluid to run". Then I break out the flamethrower...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
I do that from time to time, I might not know the answer but I search it out...and contribute. What kills me is when people ask questions that I read the answer to years ago in the stickies, like "what tranny fluid to run". Then I break out the flamethrower...
Which is exactly why I generally get great results in my seaches, plenty of practice. Sometimes in seeking for the answer I learn something as well. Might not even be related....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in