terrible flaw in the system - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Community Help Section Community Help

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 mountaineerjeff is learning the way of the Dmountaineerjeff is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question terrible flaw in the system

So I was just browsing through and saw the post that got deleted for a noob attempting to sale something.

So you guys realize that it's bad for the community to keep access of the classifieds from New guys? Not allowing noobs to sell is a safe and common practice to deter scammers, but buying is just silly, along with the requirements you have set.

Who joins a forum? Someone new to a specific car community, such as myself. And just like every car enthusiast, what's the first thing you have to do when you get a new car? BUY PARTS FOR IT. So I've either got to wait 3 months, and make up 65 bs things to say, or go spend money I don't have on brand new stuff. Well now I'm not supporting site sponsors,or the community and throwing my money other places.

As far as post count goes. There is nothing new about the dseries. It's all been done. So now I need to get my posts up. Well, hey I have a question about my new car, so I look it up. Hey, no problem, cause EVERYTHING has been done. Oh, wait, but my post count is still 0, because unlike a scammer, I properly used the forum and found my own answer, so I start a thread...'shoulda searched noob, that info is everywhere.' Ok.

So, no reason to start new threads. Can't bring up old threads because people don't understand the catch 22 you're in. 'Hey search, this has been covered' Ok, found it, let me add my specific and related info...'holy thread revival, check the date noob, stop bumping old threads'....good one.

So another noob doesn't search and posts a question...but I'm new to this platform, so I don't have any constructive first hand advice to give.

So now we get to the biggest stand off there is. Post whoring. So I need 65 posts. But don't have any questions (because search) and don't have any answers (because new) so I'm forced to add useless posts just to try and up my count. Clear until I get caught, at which I'm outed, and you run off a perfectly good, New member. Then you wonder why kids turn out to be the ricers that are associated with hondas.

Point is, yes you need a defense against scammers, but you're doing it wrong...Unless you just want to keep everyone out, in that case, just turn off new registration.

Given I've been into cars since I could walk, this isn't my first rodeo, so I know there is only a couple options.
90% post and thread gets deleted. I either get banned, or told to conform
7% I get a singular one time pass, which doesn't fix the big problem, but I shut up.
3% mods/admins etc can actually deal with constructive criticism and we as a community move forward.

So since I'm keeping my little Honda, let's see how this pans out. Also, sorry for any grammar or spelling issues, as I'm on a cell phone.
mountaineerjeff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Its not bad for the community to weed out people who are only here to buy/sell stuff and/or scam people. If you have no interest in communicating then just use eBay. This is a FORUM with a classified section, not the other way around.

Im on another forum that only requires a couple posts before youre allowed to post in classifieds, the difference is that forum will ban people for being stupid.
Like hellaflush and drifting? Banned.
Cant structure a sentence properly? Banned.
General douchebaggery? Banned.
Its quality control, and it makes for a great forum. (MiataTurbo.net if anybody is interested)

DSO is a different kind of forum. It is too nice for that kind of merciless use of ban-hammer, and doesnt discriminate based on tastes and preferences. For this reason it is necessary to instead set the classifieds post requirement high, so that it is obvious who is here to post and who is here to buy/sell.

As for the negative relationship between the 65 post requirement and "search n00b", yet again, it is quality control. I dont give a fuck is DSO isnt the biggest forum ever. I would rather have a few good posts by people who know some shit than millions of posts of stupid questions and people politely helping them.
Look at Honda-Tech. Some good information buried in decades of utter bullshit and stupidity.
Full_Tilt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Contribute to the community and the 65 posts and 3 months will be done before you know it. If you're not in here to contribute, don't take this personally, we don't want you here...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

As for making threads with questions. All of us will help with any thread if it is structured properly and shows evidence of searching and knowledge of the task at hand. Say you wanted to switch intakes to a Y8 and you are having problems figuring out which IACV to use and how to wire it than you can make a thread explaining the situation. Now if you make a thread and go hey I bought a Y8 intake for my honda and what do I need and how do I swap. That thread would be met with sever negativity if that makes any sense.

Plus you can offer your help or knowledge to any open thread here and get the count up. This site is great and this is one of the things that make it that way. Not many people on here have been scammed by other members because we are more of a community.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Welcome to D-series enjoy your stay.

krychek57 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 mountaineerjeff is learning the way of the Dmountaineerjeff is learning the way of the D

I agree about weeding out scammers. But that is normally done by selling restrictions, not buying. And I've done just that. In the past couple months since I have bought my hatch I have replaced every part on my car. Which I just went and bought everything new. I'm just saying with a realistic requirement I could have spent my money in the community.

I don't personally really care. I spend all my time actually working on cars, of all kinds, and don't have a ton of time to spend online anyway. So I have just did what I had to and made due. It just made me feel like saying something when I saw another thread get shut down.

I'm just telling you, your logic is flawed, is all. You can take the advise, or you can sit behind your computer with your arms crossed, swearing that you know best, and that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Think of it as a vip club.
You gotta work to get on the list. We gotta see who you are.
some people just jump to 65 post and sell stuff then they never return.

We arent saying that you did bad or will do bad.
But someone has done bad in the past and messes up things for everyone.

The best thing to do is make a build thread. Let us know who you are and what your about. Just give it time and your be givin credit.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
You can take the advise, or you can sit behind your computer with your arms crossed, swearing that you know best, and that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Well if you aren't full of irony.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What we have here works. If you think it is flawed....there is eBay, Craigslist, Honda-tech and Facebook.

I guess you think all gun sales never need a background check either right?

The rules in place here are our form of a background check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

This is a community. It isn't just a forum. If you don't like the rules in place then there are other forums out there. Try ebay and Craigslist. If you can't make 65 meaningful posts then you aren't really even trying to contribute. Be glad it's only 65. It was discussed before to be 500 and a years membership time!

jimmyb34 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

but the classifieds are that great though. I swear people are gunna find gold for the price of dirt

medinabard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
I'm just telling you, your logic is flawed, is all. You can take the advise, or you can sit behind your computer with your arms crossed, swearing that you know best, and that I don't know what I'm talking about.
How is the logic faulty?
If everybody wanted the forum to as big as possible, than yes, you would have a point, but its pretty obvious that we want quality over quantity. What if the forum didnt have a classified section at all? Would the forum just cease to exist?

It seems you have a problem with anybody disagreeing with you. We are having a discussion here, dont get mad when someone argues a counter point.
Full_Tilt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

medinabard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I'm not mad, lol. Just saying. My point is, that new members need actual stuff, not just to talk about...Idk maybe it's because I've always been more focused on actually getting the parts I need to make a car the way I want it, instead of just dreaming about it....Yea you're right, I honestly didn't even know you had a classifieds section until I heard complaints about not being able to use it.

I'm just thinking that, yes I'll be around, and eventually get your posts. I'm just thinking that it will kinda stink finding better deals from better people just because I don't post whore.yes on one hand I'd still be here without classifieds, Idk maybe I'm just ranting.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

you've already put the time in, now just another 32 posts and you're set
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

It's not a flaw, it's a feature. heh

Also, if you don't like it, shoo.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Hell he gained 3 more in this thread alone lol. (me too now... classifieds here I come... oh wait)

Quote:
Old 07-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Hell he gained 3 more in this thread alone lol. (me too now... classifieds here I come... oh wait)
yeah, that's why we're allowed to say things like "nice setup!" in tech forums and we don't get ed on
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Yeah but I frown on newbie's saying things like that just to gain access. And that is why there is admin approval required too. That way they can look at the posting history and make sure that they just aren't trying to post whore their way to the classifieds.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
change, classifieds, mods, post count, post whores

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in