Honda D Series Forum banner

01 civic...does nothing at all help

939 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  likeastone 
#1 ·
so woke up this morning battery was dead... went to jump it. let it charge for a bit... noticed the battery fuse was blown. got a new one. put it in and the car doesnt do anything.... you can put the key in and turn it but no lights will turn on, wont crank, that stupid ding when you have the key in and the door is open doesnt work. literally the car does nothing at all.. battery has power but the car isnt doing anything at all. only thing that happens weirdly enough is the 7 color led bar in the front grill turns on when i plug the battery in but it wont turn off unless i unplug it... anybody please help asap

#3 ·
all other fuses are fine..... voltage is 11.8 it was around 14.3 when i had it charging from another car. i think the retard that plugged my battery up with the jumpers hooked it up so the negative was getting the positive and the positive had hit the negative..... so i dont know what went wrong... i told a friend that i could usually trust to just plug the wires up and im pretty sure he did it wrong if nothing is working.....

#4 ·
and i really only have a triple gauge pillar. radar. subs and a 7 color led bar for the grill. but tha stuff has never caused me a problem before and i used to work for a company that made wiring harnesses so i know what im doing with the wires.... but what could be wrong if all my fuses are good and the battery has charge?

#5 · (Edited)
make sure you battery wires are connected and in good condition. follow your positive and negative leads off the battery and make sure you aren't grounding out or have a sliced wire or something of the sorts.

also if you have a switch wired to your 7 LED bar, check out the wiring on it since you said it comes on and stays on with the battery plugged up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.