A few stereo questions... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default A few stereo questions...

Every time I shut off my car I lose all my stations and the radio doesnt light up at night. What could cause this? Its a civic stereo but obviously isnt my car's original.

Another question is that I have a 6 disc cd changer that I was given. Is it possible to hook that up to a factory stereo?
Ethanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Your Stereo is connected wrong and/or they forgot to wire the constant 12 volt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

theres a 2 power wires that go to the back of the deck, one that comes on when you turn the key over and powers the deck, and one thats constantly on to keep the decks memory. the constant power in your case is not connected, or connected wrong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
Your Stereo is connected wrong and/or they forgot to wire the constant 12 volt.
bastard, beat me to it while i was typing! haha

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

What about the light? I have to just rub my fingers along the dash at night to change the channel haha. Its also turns out they used sticky foam to install it which is sweet. So I have to figure out how to secure it. Luckily its those tape strip kinds and not the spray foam.
Ethanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max713 View Post
bastard, beat me to it while i was typing! haha
You were a bit more informative

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanc View Post
What about the light? I have to just rub my fingers along the dash at night to change the channel haha. Its also turns out they used sticky foam to install it which is sweet. So I have to figure out how to secure it. Luckily its those tape strip kinds and not the spray foam.
cant help ya there bud...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in