Head unit wiring - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Head unit wiring

Hey guys & gals, well some crack heads broke into my ek last night and ripped the radio clean out the dash! Thats all they managed 2 grab but they got it good. They just yanked until it came out. Now my question is the wires behind the radio are all ripped (no clip it came out with the radio), so how do i put a new radio in now? do i gotta change my wiring harness or could i get a clip out another civic strip and re-sodder wires together? any advice people besides thieves are gay!
valentine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

best option is to clip it outa nother civic n sodder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

covenant510 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to covenant510

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1 SCRAPPIN View Post
best option is to clip it outa nother civic n sodder
x2

unless you want to hardwire your next radio

88-98 are the same wiring i f i remember correctly

Last edited by covenant510; 09-09-2008 at 01:18 PM.
covenant510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

i ordered mine from here and got it pretty quick!

not sure what year you have...

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=2848
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

^^^^ damn, you beat me to it. Thats where I got mine when I had my coupe. Rep for beating me to the punch. I decided to post in another thread I guess while you answered. lol
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

theirs a guy selling the extension to the radio harness with the clip on ebay for like 10 bucks. I bought mine from him because my car didnt have the clip and i wanted to clean up under my dash. You can probably get the clip cheaper at a junkyard or just direct connect your radio which is how mine was just not as clean.
Ralphyeg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

www.the12volt.com

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHonda1 View Post
i ordered mine from here and got it pretty quick!

not sure what year you have...

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=2848
well i got a 96 ek so i think that should fit shouldn't it 96-00 all same rite? also what do u guys mean by "hard wiring" my radio? unlike those thieves u guys rock!!! thanks 4 all ur help people
Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine View Post
well i got a 96 ek so i think that should fit shouldn't it 96-00 all same rite? also what do u guys mean by "hard wiring" my radio? unlike those thieves u guys rock!!! thanks 4 all ur help people
by hard wiring they mean if your harness from your car is hacked(aka plug is missing) you just wire the radio directly to your car. no plugs.

let me touch you.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHonda1 View Post
by hard wiring they mean if your harness from your car is hacked(aka plug is missing) you just wire the radio directly to your car. no plugs.
i was a noob and did that, it wasn't too hard.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Great example of a n00b

Rep Power: 15 wildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropeswildpikachu is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

clip out another civic harness, strip and use butt connector
Mista Bone
93 LX Civic - 100% stock!
Goal: Daily Commuter - Suggestions?

wildpikachu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpikachu View Post
clip out another civic harness, strip and use butt connector
Fuck that :noway:

Solder and heat shrink or nothing.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
Fuck that :noway:

Solder and heat shrink or nothing.
butt connetctors ftmfl never use butt connectors unless you want to fail

Old 09-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Lude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

its easy to hardwire as long as you have the diagram. I just did my deck lastnight, I had same issue, but I bought the car like that, glad it wasn't me that had my shit rocked. I've had shit stolen in the past, worst part is I know who did it, and he knows I know..little SOB moved 5 provinces away, lucky for him or I would have installed the deck he stole out of my civic in his rectum, solder and all!!

Anyways, when i did mine there was 3 wires I didn't need, not too sure wtf they do, there was 2 ground, I only hooked one up to the deck, and there was these 2 little red wires with black slashes, super thin like 22 gauge or something that had no purpose on a cd player, I think they may have been left over for one of those fantastic honda equalizers :P Front speakers are easy to figure out, the harness wires change colour at the doors, theres a plastic gromet with a plug, the wires coming from the car to the door will be the right colours you need to hook up, the back ones are more difficult because you sometimes have to trace the wires from the speaker or do trial and error and play a cd while making educated guesses...ground constant and accessory wires are the easiest...good luck!

Last edited by Lude-icious!; 09-10-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: edited for stupidity lol
Lude-icious! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

well u guys have been nothin but helpful. so i got my new cd player & harness clip today. when i went to try 2 match up the harness clip wires with the wires in my car the ones in my car had some black substance on them. idk wtf it is it looks like engine gasket or silicone or sumthing, whoever put the radio in must have used it(idk why). so i probably have 2 replace all the wires cuz i cant tell which 2 match up with my harness clip or the radio. are the wires in the dash that connect 2 the radio like a harness or is it connected to sumthin else? i dont think its part of the wiring harness is it? any help pals?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

got any pics

Old 09-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
I can't read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine View Post
well u guys have been nothin but helpful. so i got my new cd player & harness clip today. when i went to try 2 match up the harness clip wires with the wires in my car the ones in my car had some black substance on them. idk wtf it is it looks like engine gasket or silicone or sumthing, whoever put the radio in must have used it(idk why). so i probably have 2 replace all the wires cuz i cant tell which 2 match up with my harness clip or the radio. are the wires in the dash that connect 2 the radio like a harness or is it connected to sumthin else? i dont think its part of the wiring harness is it? any help pals?
sounds like electrical tape goo to me.

let me touch you.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

Quote:
Originally Posted by covenant510 View Post
got any pics

x2

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch

you can twist it..i did it in my ed no problem at all if you need help ill help you out

My kanjozoku project

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

what do u mean by twist it? im not sure if u understand that i cannot tell what color the wires are they are all black. thanx 4 ur help though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in