Did i just ruin all hope? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Did i just ruin all hope?

well i had aftermarket reverse glow gauges that came with my car, and ever since i bought it they would flicker. they kept randomly going out and then back on, as if a ground was bad, and it did this for about two months to me, and im not sure how long to the previous owner, but he warned me about it and said he didnt know what it was. I tried all sorts of things, all sorts of different grounds, and a different power source, and it just wont stop flickering. as of two days ago it stopped working all together, so i said the hell with it, i checked it to make sure it has power, and it does, so i assumed that it was the "box" to the cluster. it's where the power and ground go into, and then there's a dimmer and wires to change it from green to blue. i said the hell with it and cut the wires, and tried wiring it directly, without that "box" and still no luck. did i just make a huge mistake by cutting that shit off or is it just a garbage cluster or what?

I repeat, I ALREADY KNOW IT HAS A GOOD GROUND AND POWER SOURCE, so that isn't my problem
jmr828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Lude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I would assume that the gauges are just foobarred. Get some new ones, they aren't expensive really. If you have power and its grounded good, a flicker, to me would mean theres some form of wiring issue, like a broken wire etc. Check the connections where they actually go into the gauge face, and also follow every wire. That box is pretty important, so I would hook that back up, and check for power AFTER the box.
Lude-icious! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

i think you mean fubar
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdohczc View Post
i think you mean fubar
x2

Also when your cuttingin wires to test something.. dont cut all the way to one end.. jus incase

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

ohhh no i didnt. its a really sharp point so i just poked it through slightly. its the inverter, that box. the inside of the inverter was all cruddy and im pretty sure thats why it doesnt work. i took them out for now and just have stock until i get back home cause im pretty far away. the inverters like 10 bucks shipped so thats cool. thanks guys.
jmr828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

why dont you leave them stock...?

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Lude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respectLude-icious!  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
why dont you leave them stock...?
amen.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdohczc View Post
i think you mean fubar
No, I really really didn't, spelt it the other way completely on purpose.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

i have an inverter for you if you need one. it came with my gauges but i am not using it becuase the gauges look better without it
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aftermarket, cluster, gauge, short

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in