Window issue - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Window issue

so when im leaving the bar tonight, I push the passenger side window button to roll to the window down(power windows) and the window went all the way down... no problems, but when I tried to roll them up when the window gets close to the top itclicks and hops around.... wtf is the problem here?
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Sexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Red face

well my friend soundz like you have a broken or a couple broken teeth on your regulator the last 2 to be exact common on hondas which wont allow the window to fully close and stay east to replace get one from the wrecking yard or ebay fairly inexpensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
so when im leaving the bar tonight, I push the passenger side window button to roll to the window down(power windows) and the window went all the way down... no problems, but when I tried to roll them up when the window gets close to the top itclicks and hops around.... wtf is the problem here?
Sexicivic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

yea it sounds like the regulator. like 50 bux from majestic.

FUCK THIEVES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

that sucks.... thanks guys
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexicivic2000 View Post
well my friend soundz like you have a broken or a couple broken teeth on your regulator the last 2 to be exact common on hondas which wont allow the window to fully close and stay east to replace get one from the wrecking yard or ebay fairly inexpensive
you were correct... I replace the regulator today.. works awesome now... I even greased the side mouldings to help the window ease better... Thanks for all the input guys!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Sexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

awsome good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
you were correct... I replace the regulator today.. works awesome now... I even greased the side mouldings to help the window ease better... Thanks for all the input guys!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DanSej6 will become famous soon enoughDanSej6 will become famous soon enoughDanSej6 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Aye keep them runners greased...
My windows have popped out the runners during winter.Makes the drive to work a bit chilly to say the least!
DanSej6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

So I recently found out I have powers to bring things back from the dead.

Would this fix apply to rear windows as well? Mine is up but if I hit the window switch up or down it just goes click click crunch click. But my situation is that this girl kicked my door a year back and I just now got around to looking at it. *closes eyes and grits teeth in an attempt to protect himself from the oncoming flames*
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

yours sounds worse take of the door panel inspect the damage it may just be jammbed but being jammed and continously pressing the window switch may have broke some teeth........ is the outter door bent in or something that may be interfering with the scissor assembly?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

well i took the panel off but therre is no way to reall get a good look and see whats going on. therew is like a snake-like thing coming off the motor that kinda spins when i hit my window switch. or at least thats whhat i can feel with my hand. i cant feel anything else in there.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexicivic2000 View Post
yours sounds worse take of the door panel inspect the damage it may just be jammbed but being jammed and continously pressing the window switch may have broke some teeth........ is the outter door bent in or something that may be interfering with the scissor assembly?
I got a better look at the inside of the rear door today. The area where she kicked it in isn't interfering with anything. I just cant get a good look to see if maybe the window is off the track. When I hit the button the window moves like a 1/4 or an inch and thats it. Help if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in