A little modding to the EG9 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default A little modding to the EG9

And some of you thought that I never play around with my car..............shame on you.:slap:

Well albeit the car is still 100% stock.......... And I'm just changing the audio. What I'm looking for is a bit of bass reinforcement and after hanging around on the fibreglass forums, I decided to go with the following.

JBL GT0 8" sub
Clarion A2160 2 channel amp
JBL GTO 6 1/2 coaxis in the front
JBL GTO 6 1/2 coaxis in the back

Speakers running off the HU, sub off the amp bridged.

Where the sub's going to go.

The Sub

The Amp

It was when I was mounting the amp and running the cables that I drilled the fuel line..........fuck.

Stay tuned, I should have the box glassed and done in the next week or two.
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

thats gonna BUMP!

sucks about the fuel line though...
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

LMAO & tag..............it's been repaired so I'm happy....

Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfourfan View Post
LMAO & tag..............it's been repaired so I'm happy....
thats good news.
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

installation fail. always look under the car!

pics of the box yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Just adding my $.02 You might experience some cancelation with your sub facing upwards. I hope youre building a ported box. You can still tune a fiberglass ported box. You'll have bass facing the sub upwards just not as much as you imagine you will. Not saying that you want a head splitting system but your sub might just sound like some upgraded speakers. Did you ask around on any car audio forums about what they think about an upward facing setup? Sorry if I seem overly concerned. But I do wanna see this project of yours come out nice and smooth. I love music, especially when its being blared out of 4 speaker and a sub flying down the highway!!! lol

P.S. I want your car!!!! Give it to me!!!! Now!!!! lol
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Should sound just fine firing upward, I would not worry about it a bit.
I have had plenty of good results with up firing subs.
Car_Fynatik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

nice sub
boliviasi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Just adding my $.02 You might experience some cancelation with your sub facing upwards. I hope youre building a ported box. You can still tune a fiberglass ported box. You'll have bass facing the sub upwards just not as much as you imagine you will. Not saying that you want a head splitting system but your sub might just sound like some upgraded speakers. Did you ask around on any car audio forums about what they think about an upward facing setup? Sorry if I seem overly concerned. But I do wanna see this project of yours come out nice and smooth. I love music, especially when its being blared out of 4 speaker and a sub flying down the highway!!! lol

P.S. I want your car!!!! Give it to me!!!! Now!!!! lol
Thanks for the concern, but I've had a test box in the car for a while, 0.75cu ft and had it firing in all directions. And I know all about loading the sub against another panel to get more bass. When the trunk is open there is hardly any bass, but when closed, I'm getting some loading off the trunk lid. This will also be deadened in a while as well.

The only position that really was an improvement was firing to the rear in the corner of the trunk. For what I want, this little 8" is plenty.

No pics of the box yet as it's just a wooden frame, should have something to show next week.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

Good sheeit, homefrys! I don't even have a friggin' radio in the EX coupe... Booo!!
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

The main reason that I never wanted splits, is because I didn't want the tweeters in the A-pillars, kicks, dash, dash grills, they had to be 100% stealth and I had to drill no holes or cut up anything to make them fit...I don't ask much hey? :bravo:

Managed to make these. I had to sand away a lot of the back of the tweeter section as this is where there is a bump in the door panel. They are lined with thick sponge with a small brace on the back and then they are press fitted into the hole............very tight, not going anywhere.

Panel on 100% stealth.

This system is a VERY basic set-up, to prove to people that you don't need 2 12's out back and 4 sets of splits inside to sound good. This set-up uses (good brands) new and second hand gear and doens't have to break the bank.

Temp sub box is out back playing with positions and direction. It looks like I may move the sub to behind the LHS light, firing towards the side of the car.

100% totallyghettofabulous test box.................don't diss. I KEEL YOU!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

bump in the trunk is always nice

my new si has a pretty nice audio system stock, 2 tweeters, 6 1/2s in the doors and whatever is outback.. i think 6 1/2's or 6x9's... havent looked lol but it also has a 350 watt amp feeding an 8 in sub in the back deck... it hits decently for what it is.. and does what i ask...

im sure yours will do the same!!!

also how about some pics of during the glass work??? i do fiberglass for a daily grind.. wouldnt mind seeing how some of the audio is done.. as it would probably be pretty easy for me to gank all the supplies from work and do it myself haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

I have some pics, but it's basically just the front MDF section and the floor. I'm waiting on my buddy to finish up what he's doing so that he can provide the supplies. I should have the box done this weekend, I'll take lots of pictures.

As everything is now set up, it rocks, I have a 15 month old daughter and we use my car for all of the long drives and general family shit, so I need all my boot, but also I don't want to go so overboard that I can't listen to it.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

well good luck with the glasswork, if you need any help i prolly could answer any ?'s you might have..

lookin forward to the pics!

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

looks good so far.

just a suggestion...wrap those crossovers in plastic. it doesnt have to be pretty but if theyre in the door panel they are significantly more susceptible to corrosion.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
looks good so far.

just a suggestion...wrap those crossovers in plastic. it doesnt have to be pretty but if theyre in the door panel they are significantly more susceptible to corrosion.
x2 yup i had to replace one of mine due to corrosion and it was wraped in plastic !

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 jxn0051 will become famous soon enoughjxn0051 will become famous soon enoughjxn0051 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

lol, um is that a collection notice on the first pic, but it coming out well, im almost finished doing my rear panel cloth inserts, i will have to upload some pics and get opinions

btw, your system is looking real good
jxn0051 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

those gto's are nice, i've got 2 twelves in the back with a kicker amp. They do me good.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Robb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagleRobb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

great work.

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2008, 04:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
looks good so far.

Well where I stay there is like ZERO humidity and it's very dry and we're about 7 hours from the coast. My car is a 1995 and has zero rust on it. Even the OEM speakers that had no protection from the elements were totally fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
donkey balls, idrillyolines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in