Good 10inch sub?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Good 10inch sub??

so what is a good 10inch sub??

looking for somthing to bump almost like kicker L7 12 or better.

how about this?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...cs+B10D2.html#
almost strong as kicker L7
or this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ik+V108D4.html

I kinda like this a lot
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...SWX-1043D.html

Last edited by immajackuup; 08-28-2008 at 02:22 PM.
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

or this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+MOFO-10.html#
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i have an audiobahn 1000q...10" comp sub, best sounding sub i've ever heard, unless it is inside a bandpass, then it SUCKS!! but it is the best sounding 10" sub for ported or enclosed boxes imho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 KingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's assholeKingKoopa is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: -1 reviews

your price range is what?
KingKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Yes, price range and sq feet or area you have available for this?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

JL or Memphis
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
JL or Memphis
x2 also mtx 8500/9500's

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

infinity perfect

/thread

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
infinity perfect

/thread

Thats what I've got in a sealed box with a shitty bazooka amp and its more than enough, especially since it doesn't take up shit for room.

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

looking to spend 250,need it to go into a 00 civic trunk.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

best bet is to find a nice used of referb memphis mojo,jl w7,and last but not least mtx 9500.

infinity perfect is def a good sub and they're goin for about 150ish its all on how much you got to spend also what is goin to be pushing these?and as for your trunk its all on how much space/waight you want of can deal with shit i had 2 15"s,also have have 3 12"s and a single 12" in my civic

Last edited by EJ1 SCRAPPIN; 08-28-2008 at 09:19 PM.
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

None of the ones you posted in those links. Out of those the Alpine is fair...IF I had to choose one. The infinitys arent bad and do sound great, they just do it rather quietly. Dont expect slamming low extensions. You are trying to find a 10" sub comparable to a 12" L7. You do realize thats a shitload more cone surface? I tell ya what, these sound really good I was very impressed. They are made by TCSounds and if you have ever heard a TC you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli10_s...formation.html

If you can budget it
http://www.audiopulse.com/products/s...r-drivers/revo

game over.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

i always liked the sound of my old setup. 3 10'' alpine type s. i forget what amp i was running but it hit real nice.
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1 SCRAPPIN View Post
best bet is to find a nice used of referb memphis mojo,jl w7,and last but not least mtx 9500.

infinity perfect is def a good sub and they're goin for about 150ish its all on how much you got to spend also what is goin to be pushing these?and as for your trunk its all on how much space/waight you want of can deal with shit i had 2 15"s,also have have 3 12"s and a single 12" in my civic
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KAC-9103D.html

going to buy this, i just want something clear thump like the jl w7.

Had kicker L7 its just too much bass and isn't clear to hear my songs.

just want a single 12 or 10

what is this d4 and d2 ohms?

Last edited by immajackuup; 08-28-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 eg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to eg white Send a message via Yahoo to eg white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
YES!!!

i have one sealed in .65 box running off a Alpine M850, sound quality is the best thing i've heard ever in a sub. between my front stage and it, you can hardly tell it's there. hits low when it needs to, nice and tight. during double bass in metal it doesn't get all washed up, the kicks are dead on. i want to get another one so bad.
Resident D-series.org Metalhead Alliance Member #5
eg white is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

damn 2bills will hurt my pocket lol i gotta also get custom box for the sub.

looking at almost 5bills.

Last edited by immajackuup; 08-28-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 eg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagle
Send a message via AIM to eg white Send a message via Yahoo to eg white

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
damn 2bills will hurt my pocket lol i gotta also get custom box for the sub.

looking almost 5bills.
yeah, but i fall under the "sound quality" group. i like my music, whether i'm listening to it or playing it, i want it to sound right, not boomy, not inaccurate and Soundsplinter's are top notch. customer service kicks ass also.

if i were to suggest a "cost effective" sub, i say Infinity.
Resident D-series.org Metalhead Alliance Member #5
eg white is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg white View Post
yeah, but i fall under the "sound quality" group. i like my music, whether i'm listening to it or playing it, i want it to sound right, not boomy, not inaccurate and Soundsplinter's are top notch. customer service kicks ass also.

if i were to suggest a "cost effective" sub, i say Infinity.
tempting lol

its like pay 150 or just pay a little more and u get something better.

whats this dual 4 ohms and single 4 ohms?? for the RL

is this the infinity yall talking about?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ct+10d+VQ.html

Last edited by immajackuup; 08-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i have a 12in pioneer immp pulled from a dumpster about 7 years ago w/ one of those lightning audio sub boxs u buy at meijer that need to be assembled(meijer is like a super wal-mart and there only located in mi,oh,il,ky) and a 450w amp from meijer outlet store. i bridged it and have to set the gain to about half way....its to loud.

sub= free- out of dumpster
box= $15 (mega clearence sale)
amp=$25 ( outlet store)
wires= free- was in car when i bought it

$40 dollar system thats too loud.....lol ...i win

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

oh and this is the system i used to replace my two jl w6's in a nice box with a 1000w amp and my alpine head unit...... a local radio show held a car show at a local audio shop. there was a raffle at the end ( sign said you didnt have to be present to win. and enter as many tickets u want) well we stayed to the bitter end. at which point there was about 10 people. the guy said screw this you guys have all been here since 8am this morning and it 5pm. so if the name i call isnt here they dont win shit. lol so i ended up walking out with brand new $450 alpine head unit, and two jl w6's and all prizes came with free install.

needless to say it was a beautiful thing and it was gone 2 days later.... along with my driver side window and half my dash (doucebag its a slide out radio u dont need to take a prybar to the whole dash)

edit: sorry i wasnt trying to threadjack...... JL W-SERIES FTMFW

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

Last edited by scottdh20; 08-29-2008 at 05:09 AM.
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in