What speakers are you running up front? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 TURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Default What speakers are you running up front?

I have a 1994 civic EX coupe and I am getting ready to replace the front/rears and adding a 4 channel amp. Not sure what to get though. Just want something that will sound good and not super pricey.

So let me know what you guys are running for your door speakers. This will help me decide.

Also preferrably ones that are direct fit with no modification

Thanks

Darrin
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
TURBOB20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

freon480 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freon480

im using polk db650. circuit city has the same sale when i got them going on now buy one set get second half off. thats all $4 for 150. great speakers for the money. i swear by them.

NEW UPDATE INCLUDING BISIMOTO LEVEL 3 CAM!
freon480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I have a 6gen civic and nothing was direct fit in the front. Magnets are just too big. My pioneer 6X9's barely fit but they were direct in the rear..

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 TURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebody

cool. yeah the fronts seem like they are very shallo fitting. I got a set of pioneer premier 6.5's but they wont fit at all. lol. Got them for 60 new. So I am debating now on what to get for the front. I may go with polk though. I will be putting a 4 channel eclipse amplifier on them rated at at I think 40 rms by 4. So they have to be something kind of beefy too.
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

I say look into polk or infinity. Two favorite brands. Just not always the cheapest.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by freon480 View Post
im using polk db650. circuit city has the same sale when i got them going on now buy one set get second half off. thats all $4 for 150. great speakers for the money. i swear by them.
running the same ones. except i got them for 10 bucks!!! i was working there at the time, the 651s came in, so we had the 650s hidden discontinued, so i got them for cheap.

great speaker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

true fact. i like polk alot always a good sounding speaker
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

JPB-EJ1 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Thats funny my 6.5 Pioneers fit perfectly. I thought the OEM speakers were actually spec'd by Pioneer, but I could be wrong. Mine aren't premier's though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JPB-EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

i no longer have them, but i loved my infinity's. i used to have a complete infinity system (2x 5.25, 2x 5x7, 2x 10) and it was the best sounding system i've ever owned. they aren't cheap, but they aren't top dollar either.

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOB20 View Post
cool. yeah the fronts seem like they are very shallo fitting. I got a set of pioneer premier 6.5's but they wont fit at all. lol. Got them for 60 new. So I am debating now on what to get for the front. I may go with polk though. I will be putting a 4 channel eclipse amplifier on them rated at at I think 40 rms by 4. So they have to be something kind of beefy too.
since your running a good amp i would recommend some components up front and a good set of coaxials in the rear.also with a spacer and/or slight modding 6.5's go in eazy.

whats your budget tho?

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

i have a 97 ex running a kenwood kdc-mp338 stereo, infinity reference series(6.5") in the front, kenwood(6x9") in the back and 2 12" baja subs in the back all being powered by a protege 4 channel 500watt amp. and i have to say it all sounds damn good! i run the stereo and doors through channel 1&2 and the backs and subs through 3&4. more power that way and it sounds clearer and more even.
wizard's blood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 eg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagleeg white is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eg white Send a message via Yahoo to eg white

i would suggest first determining your max spending allowed. then look at these specs, RMS, Frequency and then sensitivity (basically efficiency). since you say no modding that really only leaves coaxials, but you can get a way with mounting the tweeter from a component set without modding. i think it just doesn't look right though. there are some companies making units that can covert from component to coax by mounting the tweeter back in the woofer. something you might want to consider. that way if you decide cutting a hole for a tweeter isn't that bad of an idea, you already got a component set. there are also quite a few companies making slim mount units, but a lot of times it will sacrifice some RMS and frequency ratings. you can make up for that in spending more, but that's where the budget plays in. get something that has good RMS ratings (usually more than what you are feeding it too be safe), something that will play low and something efficient.

and dynamat or whatever company you desire does wonders.

oh, almost forgot

i'm running Kenwood Coax's up front, they sound great, decent low extension and bought for cheap in the Crutchfield Outlet. temporary for now for when i upgrade to Morel Tempo's
Resident D-series.org Metalhead Alliance Member #5

Last edited by eg white; 08-18-2008 at 09:13 PM.
eg white is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

John B. Lansing speakers up front.

Sure most have heard od Altec Lansing, but have you heard of John B. Lansing?

Wait, let me dumb it down.

JBL.

I'm done

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg white View Post
and dynamat or whatever company you desire does wonders.
edead ftw. less than half the price of dynamat ($1/sqft) and works as good if not better. they also make speakers, but i've never tried them.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Before, D15B VTEC with open header.

I forgot what's in my car right now, but they're crappy Pioneers I took out of my old CRX. Being replaced with Infinity Kappa Perfects soon(don't know if I'm going with the 5.25" or 6.5" though).
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Well, after all the different inputs on this I am planning on coaxial right now, hoping to use my pioneer premier up front, and a set of lightning audio inrear for the moment until more funds arrive. lol then I will do alpine R components all the way around
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

what can fit up front in the rex's?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Look it up on Crutchfield.

You don't really need back speakers btw(unless you're going for loud music or carry passengers). Just a subwoofer back there would be good.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

covenant510 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to covenant510

i would go with the polk db650 i had those in my previous 89 civic they fit like a glove too no mods to get them in and they sound better compared to the pioneers imo

covenant510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I will have to look into the polks then. Just doesnt seem like too much fits up front. lol. or at least withut modification
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in