What size amp? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Default What size amp?

thinking of getting a jl10w1v2, its 8ohm. what size amp would go good with the sub? here is the specs on the sub http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vVUXob6...10W1V28&tp=111

found this locally http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/788557827.html or this http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/790267550.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Sexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enoughSexicivic2000 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

anything 200-300 watts should be adequate and should hit pretty good aswell
Sexicivic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

tell me youre getting more than one sub.

if not, youll need a monster amp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

Just one? That's a why bother. Especially the 8ohm version

Get two and bridge down to 4ohms and that first amp should be plenty.

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

yep 4 ohm sub, but those amp prices scare me, my god those are cheap.

200 CLEAN watts into a single 10", 5/8 ft^3 sealed encloseure.....plenty enough bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle

yeah, i was thinking of getting the sub someone is selling on here. i dont want anything crazy. i just need some bass. i only have front speakers right now.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

whats wrong with an 8ohm sub?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

somone on here is selling a huge cap and three amps check out the fs section for him.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
whats wrong with an 8ohm sub?
If you are only running a single sub you wont get crap for power out of any amplifier. About 99% of the amps out there are rated in power at 4 ohm. Most are capable of dropping to 2 ohm and some, usually class d,j and high current amps, will drop to 1 ohm or lower. When you lower the ohm load on an amp, it kicks out more wattage. Now keep in mind too, running at 4 ohms sounds much cleaner. With that 8 ohm sub it was really designed to be run in multiples on a single amp.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

You want a mono block amp for ANY single subwoofer application. ANY!!!! I would never trust a 2 or 4 chan amp on one sub. Mono blocks have cleaner power and dont draw as much current from your battery. Power doesnt kill speakers.....distortion does. Mono blocks have the cleanest power avaiable. Even though youre doing just one sub (vagina much?) Find a decent 200-400 watt mono block amp and a dual voice coil 4-ohm sub. You get what you pay for. Dont ever go cheap in this department. Ever!!! Dont buy a cap either. Theyre not needed. A great system consistes of a baller "ground", clean correct wiring, quality hardware (i.e. wires, speakers and amp) and a super baller alternator. 160 amp alternator can handle power sucking system you throw at it.

Ooops. Okay. Just get a good mono block amp 200-400 watts and a dual voice coil 4-ohm sub.....both of wich from reputable companies. Try to match the companies if you can. You'll get a much better sound quality this way.

If you want I will look for amps/ subs or whatever you need. I will try to find pics of the systems I've done in the past or ones I helped with. 3 of which hit in the low to mid 140's. My friend Randy and I did the same setup back in high school. (2) Rockford Fosgae BD1000 mono blocks powering (1) Rockford Fasgate HX2 15" sub, each!!!! Expensive but they pounded!!!!! HArd!!!!! His hit slightly over 143db in a sunfire and mine hit just under 141db in a 92 Prelude. I'll try to get pics of his for ya to show you I mean business.

Sorry if I sound like a smart ass. I know I'm not this guys only answer. There are other excellent answers above me as well. Just sharing what worked for me and others I've helped over the years.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Not everyone is looking to set dB records, for most a good clean 125 dB with good extentsion to 25 Hz is plenty.

spin it DJ Magic Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheres the BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Not everyone is looking to set dB records, for most a good clean 125 dB with good extentsion to 25 Hz is plenty.

spin it DJ Magic Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheres the BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very true bone. Is it okay to stop bowing now? lol I'm looking for a 200 watt mono for him now. That should be enough for one pussy *cough cough* sub.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Okay. find these amps.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...MRPM450&tp=115

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...8CO5001&tp=115

This one is a cheapy but good nonetheless.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...KAC8103&tp=115

And last but not least...........
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...GM7300M&tp=115

GL. Let me know if you want me to find subs to match.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I'd have to stay with Alpine. The one you listed for $150 from Crutchfield is the same he listed for $75 from craigslist......I'd go new.

Fuck amps are getting cheap. Dunno about the quality though.

MTX 2160 will rock your socks off. I still have this monster to play with someday........

Soundstream Van Gogh 800.5

Quote:
Old 08-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

fuck, your in the nasty 'nati as well...........

Quote:
Old 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #16 (permalink)

lol..thanks guys. like i said, only reason im thinking of getting one sub is that the car only has front 6 1/2s. no rear speakers. this is just to ad some kind of bass. i would have been happy with 6x9s but i dont feel like modding anything to get them to fit. also, im trying to keep weight down.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

i used to have an old jl 12w0 like 4 years ago. i had that hooked up to an alpine amp, the small 150watt(?) one and i was very happy with the way it sounded...again, im not looking for lots and lots of bass.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I'd have to stay with Alpine. The one you listed for $150 from Crutchfield is the same he listed for $75 from craigslist......I'd go new.

Fuck amps are getting cheap. Dunno about the quality though.

MTX 2160 will rock your socks off. I still have this monster to play with someday........

Soundstream Van Gogh 800.5

OMG!!!!!!! I want!!!! I must have that!!!!! Where did you find that beast????

No prob man. Thats why we're here. You're gonna need a good set of 6 1/2"'s as well. Just putting that out there.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

whats so great about it?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2008, 04:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
whats so great about it?
Well, on top of being sexy as fawk. It provides clean power and massive bizzzump!!! Its a good amp too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in