Door tweeds question. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer
Question Door tweeds question.

well since i've hava a crx and hanging out with duck always saying "sound stage, sound stage setup." also hearing it from bone and i think once from Bizzar. i thought why not, what the hell.

so i pick up two sets of OEM tweeds. now i'm gonna put these on my doors but i didn't know which one. but since i got off the phone with duck. i kind a answered my own question. so lets hear some opinions on what ya think. and remember opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

so here are my door panels. i feel almost ashame that i'm going cut my panels. but i do know you should have your tweeds 12" apart from your mid range speakers. oh so i've readed, it's easier to fine tune.

now here are the two sets of OEM tweedle, deedle, deedle, dee, dee. 5th gen and 6th gen.

now here are the 5th gen where i would place them.

now here are the 6th gen i can remold them but after talking with duck i realized the back plate behind the plastic molding. there's a big enough for the mirror adjustable.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Why not the 5th gen in the dash??
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

either way they don't belong in a CRX. if you're bent on cuttin something, you might as well put some good lookin aftermarket tweets in there.

i had some Boston Acoustics in my CRX and loved the sound. its too bad though the drivers side was destroyed in my accident.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noggleswitch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

make custom kicks with 6.5 components, or A-pillars
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
apexsilver06mr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19 View Post
Why not the 5th gen in the dash??
uh, no chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX View Post
either way they don't belong in a CRX. if you're bent on cuttin something, you might as well put some good lookin aftermarket tweets in there.

i had some Boston Acoustics in my CRX and loved the sound. its too bad though the drivers side was destroyed in my accident.
i guess you miss the point that when yopu have a componet set where you run highs and mids they should be 12" apart for a smooth frequency. thats why when you hear the ghettos rig sound systems all you hear is highs and bass. you hear no mids. then again the idiots like the scoop eq setting. i listen to metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexsilver06mr View Post
make custom kicks with 6.5 components, or A-pillars
a-pillar is no even an option. why would you consider it, cause it GUSDM?(ghetto united state dumdass motor).

Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
i guess you miss the point that when yopu have a componet set where you run highs and mids they should be 12" apart for a smooth frequency. thats why when you hear the ghettos rig sound systems all you hear is highs and bass. you hear no mids. then again the idiots like the scoop eq setting. i listen to metal.

word to that remo a system without mids blows to me also when im playing my metal.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Headliner?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:

uh no i didn't. i'm just saying if you're gonna cut up/mold /ghetto rig some tweeters not made for your car, might as well buy some nice aftermarkets.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

do you have an amp for them? what is your impedance? stock deck? 2ohms stereo usually doesnt work out unless you have an aftermarket amp.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
do you have an amp for them? what is your impedance? stock deck? 2ohms stereo usually doesnt work out unless you have an aftermarket amp.
i think ya mistaken me for a noob in the amp department. i'm going to have everything aftermarket. i'm replacing the stock tweed with aftermarket. i just want the holders if i can call it that.

i'm going with a 4/3 channel amp to run it in a 3 channel setting. i'll be getting a 10" sub and a set of component for high and mids.

i do know i'm not going with Audiobahn. since the X-model there hasn't been any other models after that have been good.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX View Post
I know you already have the factory ones, but I have to agree with this. The aftermarket ones are going to look and sound better. The factory mounts won't look that great in the crx. A set of aftermarket ones flushed in the doors will look and sound 10x better imo.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
I know you already have the factory ones, but I have to agree with this. The aftermarket ones are going to look and sound better. The factory mounts won't look that great in the crx. A set of aftermarket ones flushed in the doors will look and sound 10x better imo.
damd you duck, well at least i'll have you to help me.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i would def go with some aftermarket speaks and amplify them.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
damd you duck, well at least i'll have you to help me.
Of course
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i have focal utopia's in my door flushed on my 92 si it looks very clean... you can go up to 18 inches away to keep yourself with the easiest and cleanest sound tuning... good luck and im sure it will turn out very well....

EGcracker21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in