Best Alarm for my 00 civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6
Default Best Alarm for my 00 civic

Ok so i finished my build and i need some security,
im just looking for some insight on alarms im looking for a paging system and i want to be able to install it myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Best alarms out there imo are DEI (viper, sidewinder, python, etc). You can get them on ebay, but DEI will not honor the warranty if it's not installed by an authorized shop. Ungo (made by Clarion) and Prestige (made by Audiovox) are both good alarms and they do not require you to have them installed by an authorized shop to honor the warranty IIRC.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noggleswitch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

DEI all the way...

Sorry i used to be a DEI dealer/installer
apexsilver06mr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

9milly

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

DEI

FUCK THIEVES

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

yea i like the dei i got a viper in my mazda.

but i want to install this time how much of a pain are they to install? do i need some type of programmer to configure them?

and whats a quality system now?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

i have a prestige alarm on my 2000. i love it!
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

durka w/ a rocket launcher ......thats traceable of course. totally not rasist i swear haha
wizard's blood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

DEI my friend. you will not be disappointed.

i do recommend that if you get a 2way paging system that you get rechargeable batteries for the remote. since that thing is constantly checkin your vehicle's status, it eats away battery life. just a suggestion.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
DEI my friend. you will not be disappointed.

i do recommend that if you get a 2way paging system that you get rechargeable batteries for the remote. since that thing is constantly checkin your vehicle's status, it eats away battery life. just a suggestion.
ive been leaning towards like a viper but how hard is it to install em i heard you need like a programmer for the alarm or something? is that true or do you just wire it in like anything else?

Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
ive been leaning towards like a viper but how hard is it to install em i heard you need like a programmer for the alarm or something? is that true or do you just wire it in like anything else?

its easy if you can get wire codes and locations. no need to get a "programmer" or bitwriter as DEI calls it. i only recommend that if youre goin to be installin a bunch of them. if you car is older, it will be super easy. what year is it

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

DEI or clifford. I've had both and they work great. Never had to use the DEI one, but the clifford saved my ass several times.

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

2000 with key less entry

Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
2000 with key less entry

dont get much easier than that. you can get almost all your wires at the green alarm plug. let me know when youre closer to installing it and i can find the wiring info for you.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicEXcoupeman

DEI alarm+backup battery + wire up some extra sirens all over the car so if the theif finds one the rest will still be on lol...he'd need to cut them all.yet you hid those speakers in the hardest to get places

i said too much about my own lol

make sure the blinking light from security is visible if you have tints...sometimes just that light detours theifs from not wanting to mess with something they know has security vs something that doesn't.
plus get a keypad were in order to unlock your ignition you need to enter a combo or the car wont start...

and removable steering wheel

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #1

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-
civicEXcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicEXcoupeman View Post
DEI alarm+backup battery + wire up some extra sirens all over the car so if the theif finds one the rest will still be on lol...he'd need to cut them all.yet you hid those speakers in the hardest to get places

i said too much about my own lol

make sure the blinking light from security is visible if you have tints...sometimes just that light detours theifs from not wanting to mess with something they know has security vs something that doesn't.
plus get a keypad were in order to unlock your ignition you need to enter a combo or the car wont start...

and removable steering wheel
was planning on most of that but a key pad for ign wher do i get one i want.

and i have to pick out an alarm cause wifey is getting me an alarm for my b-day (6 spet) im looking to spend in the 300 range hopefully for a 2-way paging system batt back-up(air horns diff budget lol) and a set of hella super loud horns!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

civicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top AussiecivicEXcoupeman is a Top Aussie

this is the one i got
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9thRHzYyg
got it off ebay but they also sell it on websites...

Quote:
dude, that avatar gets me in trouble when I don't scroll down quiiitteee fast enough and my wife knows I can read faster than that.....lol
-Jonathan-
Old 08-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

sawed off shotgun and a small midget in the trunk
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

trunk monkey ftw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZcG_pgp0Q

Quote:
-Jonathan-
Old 08-20-2008, 05:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

hey what do you guy think about prestige? i got a deal for like 180 for a 2-way pagin system from a friend of a friend,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in