Speakers don't work? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92sickw/it
Default Speakers don't work?

I just picked up a 94 ex coupe and when i turned the radio on nothing no static no music nothing i checked all the wires for a ground somewhere and everything looks good anyone have any ideas of what it could be? i also hooked up 3 different cd players so i know its not the radio itself
92sickw/it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

fuse?
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat92sickw/it smells like Borat

the radio works fine didnt think there was a fuse for just the speakers is there?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92sickw/it View Post
the radio works fine didnt think there was a fuse for just the speakers is there?
no. i was just referring to the radio fuse, but if it turns on then it's probably not that.

what about your speakers?

i'm just throwing idea's out there.

edit: eh check the fuse anyway its under the hood. should say something like radio/backup on it it something.

let me touch you.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

yea checked that and i have tried hooking up different speakers in different combinations (front/rears) and not a single speaker makes any noise
Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
I can't read...

geez man. idk. bad wiring would be my final answer. lol

let me touch you.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 xcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

that's why i dont buy cars from other kids
xcthc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

When you turn it on, does any speaker pop? I've seen where 1 speaker grounds out, all the speakers don't work. I've noticed its usually the speaker that pops when you turn the radio on and off. So you could have a speaker that's grounding out.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Lao View Post
When you turn it on, does any speaker pop? I've seen where 1 speaker grounds out, all the speakers don't work. I've noticed its usually the speaker that pops when you turn the radio on and off. So you could have a speaker that's grounding out.
I'm 60 percent sure you're right. Could also be an idiot who decided to do the install and shorted the entire harness.....if the radio doesn't turn on that is. Does it turn on? If so then ^^^^ nailed it on the head.

For a fix.....rewire your entire audio system the way it should be done. I.E. 12awg wiring all around, Street Wires EVERYTHING, and make your own harnesses. Lol have fun. Lol I was kidding.....unless you're an audio nut like me. Just take it somewhere like best buy or circuit city. Otherwise I'm out of ideas. Good luck though.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

get a ghetto-blaster and strap it in the passenger seat and bump some old 40-water!
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronsteezz View Post
get a ghetto-blaster and strap it in the passenger seat and bump some old 40-water!
Bwaaaahaaaahaaahaaaaa!!!!! If my phone would allow all the online options I'd send you rep. Nice one. A buddy of mine had a choice between a stereo or some daytons for his buick........he got the daytons. So he had these really nice subs sittin around. So he hooks up a 3 disc in home changer to the subs and 4 speakers inside the car. He "made it work." Lololol
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

try connecting the yellow and red wires together
d16z6_ej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
ok my left rear speaker pops when i turn it on looked over all the wiring in the trunk and found nothing damn this sux
Old 07-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

I see where you checked the wires for ground. Did you just look over them or actually put a test light or multi meter on them to check to see if they are grounded anywhere?
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92sickw/it View Post
ok my left rear speaker pops when i turn it on looked over all the wiring in the trunk and found nothing damn this sux
Try disconnecting that speaker. Then turn the radio back on to see if that fixed it. Or you could cut the speaker wires that are green and green/black wire at the harness. I think it'll be easier to just unplug the speaker if you could get to it though.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Run new wires to the speakers and hopefully be done with it. It's a pain in the rear, but it will solve your problem. If you've got a Sony or JVC.... 1 speaker grounds out the radio won't let anything play. Have a Circuit City or Best Buy look at it and then fix it yourself if they're cool about you doing that. most of the time they're dicks. (i used to work at one of them)
BSchreiber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i may just live without it cant find the ground anywhere and its just my beater
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Try disconnecting that speaker. Then turn the radio back on to see if that fixed it. Or you could cut the speaker wires that are green and green/black wire at the harness. I think it'll be easier to just unplug the speaker if you could get to it though.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in