EG climate control into EF? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default EG climate control into EF?

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's fine. Well, today I went out to the junkyard to get myself a JDM EG auto climate control panel. I'd like to fit that into my 1990 Civic sedan. I'm sure it can fit into that space, but what do I need to make the auto-climate thing work? Does it have a built in thermostat or do I need to wire it to the one on the car? Help needed here.

I went to the guy at the workshop to help me with this and he said i'd be needing a BLOWER or whatever it's called. He said it would fit at the back of the climate control panel and that i'd be needing to wire it all out and install that BLOWER in my EF sedan. He also said something about the touch panel vs. the manual panel on my EF. What do I need to do? Can someone please help me here.

This is what I have;

whisky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

This is my first post here btw lol
Old 07-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

good luck homie I have no clue on all that. alothough you do already have a blower motor in your hvac box I assume
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky View Post
This is my first post here btw lol
actually, that was your second.

Use the search function, and browse around. This has been covered.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

I see you keep refering to your 1990 civic sedan as an "EF". Please kill yourself unless it is in fact, an actual "EF", otherwise, it's an ED.

check this link out, it's great: https://www.d-series.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sorry, my bad. The chassis says ED1. Just have to learn to start calling it ED.

here she is;

I looked around the forum and found the EG climate control in CRX thread but that's manual and I'm looking for the auto one
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry, my bad. The chassis says ED1. Just have to learn to start calling it ED.

here she is;

I looked around the forum and found the EG climate control in CRX thread but that's manual and I'm looking for the auto one

Don't feel bad, I'm just givin' you shit. That's what I do around here

Welcome to D-series.org. Your sedan is nice, but that's an 88/89 front bumper, you said it's a 90? Where you from?

edit: only a few people really care about the ED/EF thing...call it what you want, but any time I see "EF", i give shit to whoever says it

As for the automatic blower, I have never seen that done before in an EF/ED/EE/EC chasis.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Now that my asshatery is done with, somebody chime in with an answer for this guy. This project of his looks interesting, and if possible, would be a great thing for all of us 88-91 chumps.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Lol okay thanks

It's a 90.

The bumper, well, the guy I got it from didn't like the 90 bumper so he got this bumper and it came with a lip from God knows what place, so he got it anyway.

I'm from Pakistan.

I don't know what I would be needing. The electrician called it "COOLER" to be specific, but the shop keeper said confirm if I need a "BLOWER" or a "HEATER". Like wtf lol so I just came up here to ask.

Hope to get things going.

Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol okay thanks

It's a 90.

The bumper, well, the guy I got it from didn't like the 90 bumper so he got this bumper and it came with a lip from God knows what place, so he got it anyway.

I'm from Pakistan.

I don't know what I would be needing. The electrician called it "COOLER" to be specific, but the shop keeper said confirm if I need a "BLOWER" or a "HEATER". Like wtf lol so I just came up here to ask.

Hope to get things going.

Thanks again.
Hmm, is the car you got the climate control box from still at the junk yard? If it is, i'd follow all the wires from it to find out where they go, and get those parts if you dont have them already.

Dunno if that made sense, but if it's not too expensive, i'd go that route and get all the parts from that EG

Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
I see you keep refering to your 1990 civic sedan as an "EF". Please kill yourself unless it is in fact, an actual "EF", otherwise, it's an ED.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! FUKER: I am using this as my sig
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Actually, the place we get all the parts from, it has all the parts of the cars but not the cars them selves lol. The dashboard from that EG is still there. It has all the components there.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, the place we get all the parts from, it has all the parts of the cars but not the cars them selves lol. The dashboard from that EG is still there. It has all the components there.
I'd take a look at it and see if there's something that you dont have.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronsteezz View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! FUKER: I am using this as my sig
lol, and I had said that before seeing that his is RHD, but he said it's an ED1, so still not an EF

Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
bwah ha ha ha ha

Rep Power: 22 vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!vtecencrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to vtecencrx

I know that you have a civic, but mabey this thread on a crx will help....

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

____myspace >>>>

1986 crx Si gonzo
1988 crx hf d15b vtec gonzo
1991 civic Dx a6 cam
1991 crx Si a6 w/d15b intake & exhaust mani

105.5 whp @ 5,539 rpm @ Blueridge Motorsports
vtecencrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecencrx View Post
I know that you have a civic, but mabey this thread on a crx will help....

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79757
you and I...both cannot read today.

He's asking about the automatic function of the climate control

Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Hey, thanks for the link but yeah I'm looking for the AUTO version of it
Old 07-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

This guy's having a similar problem to me;

http://www.hondacarforum.com/honda-t...e-control.html

I'm also stuck there :/
Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Go through the wiring diagram for the JDM Civic/Ferio. There should be something about it in there(Helms manual).
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
d-series resident crybaby

Rep Power: 14 3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Well the Jdm version is different in appearance, but i dunno i'm gonna do the USDM version, there's plenty of info on the net about this good luck!
3rdgenhatchdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in