Dome light randomally went out! WTF! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline
Default Dome light randomally went out! WTF!

It's little problems like this that pisses me off!

It won't work no matter which way the switch is positioned. I tried putting a new bulb in and nothing...

Does this have it's own fuse or what? What else wouldn't work if it was the fuse out?

It had some trouble flickering for a while, but got okay.

I tried tapping it lightly and that didn't work.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...it's little issues like this that piss me off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Did you recently put in an after market radio? If that's not it I don't know.
sir_bobos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano

No...just the factory radio. I haven't done anything to it within the last month, and it just happened a few days ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 alEXej8 will become famous soon enoughalEXej8 will become famous soon enoughalEXej8 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Check the fuse under the hood. Is a 7.5 amp.
alEXej8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

same thing happened to me i hit it and it comes on but goes off when it wants to make sure the wires are in good shape/ connected or it could be a fuse.

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i agree, check fuse or maybe the lightbulb burned out.
sxng9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
I survived code 9

I just beat the shit out of it and it started working.

For a while anyway. It'll probably go out soon.

The bulb is fine. Got power through the connector. The switch is just worn the hell out.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 civic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Buy a new door pin.

Quote:
wow... and to think i gave up weed and heavy drinking to make money and be successful when all this time i could have been putting lime juice in my eye...
civic4dr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

do you have a sunroof? does it leak? you might have some rust on the connection on the switch or a bad ground??? just throwing some ideas out there. pull it down and check it out and look at the switch for some possible build up too?.
96HXcrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
I survived code 9

no sunroof here.

had a look at the switch and the connectors that run across the switch were pretty worn out. they had a dark line across them and I think that was causing an issue.

still didn't work after I cleaned them. beating the shit out of it worked though.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Check the one that Says Instrument Light.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Well if I'm getting 12v to through the connector, it's definitely not the fuse.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

having the same issue watching this thread!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

sounds like a ground/door pin issue
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
I survived code 9

How can I check the ground/pin issue? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

The only ground I'm aware of is where it bolts to the roof with the screw.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

well.. if it doesnt work in any position, its definitely a power issue. id say the switch is just worn the hell out like you said..
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

check the pin switch. when you press in, there should be ground on the dome light wire. when the doors open, it should show 12v. make sure there is continuity to ground when pressed in and that the reference ground (bolts holding switch in) is good too.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in