Anyone running 2 batteries or a relocated battery? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default Anyone running 2 batteries or a relocated battery?

like the title says i just put in a second battery and was wanting some advise/ things to look out for, or how/ where you put yours in. i put my second one in the trunk and the other one in the stock location. thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Did you put an isolator in to keep them separated?
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Printz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunnaPrintz is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Printz Send a message via MSN to Printz

I'm running a bat up front, and a kinetic cell in the trunk. No isolator, works great, I've got a voltage gauge running off the cell. (I know it's reading total voltage but whatever)

Printz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

No need for an isolator or a relay. I ditched mine years ago for that extra .2 volts haha. I'm running 5 count them, 5 batteries! All parallel.

I would advise you add another fuse holder off the rear battery and here is why. When you add a battery in the rear, that power cable from the rear to the front is LIVE. If a short occurs between the back battery to the front, yes the -->front<--- fuse will blow but the entire length of the wire is still live with current until something gives. Either the wire melts and burns, or your car does. Heres how it should be done:

*warning leet pchop skillz*

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

well quick question since i read/heard this alot. does 2 batteries hurt anything at all? alternator? i was thinkin of running one for my stereo setup but i haven't yet because im afraid of killing my alt.
JDMCivic00Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

No it helps your alternator. Instead of one battery getting killed by your stereo, its now just "sipping" voltage from two. The alternator has more of a cushion rather than sudden bursts of having to work its ass off.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

thank bizzar. well it looks like a second battery will be coming up in my trunk here soon.
JDMCivic00Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
No need for an isolator or a relay. I ditched mine years ago for that extra .2 volts haha. I'm running 5 count them, 5 batteries! All parallel.

I would advise you add another fuse holder off the rear battery and here is why. When you add a battery in the rear, that power cable from the rear to the front is LIVE. If a short occurs between the back battery to the front, yes the -->front<--- fuse will blow but the entire length of the wire is still live with current until something gives. Either the wire melts and burns, or your car does. Heres how it should be done:

Ok five batteries?! Do you have pics somewhere on the forum you could show?

AndyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
This one's for you, Duck.

Rep Power: 27 Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via MSN to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother Send a message via Yahoo to Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother

You could probably do some digging in this section.

It's a rather.... elaborate setup to say the least

::
<-- Add yourself to the D-Series map!!
Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Hmm I searched but come to think of it, I have no pics of my battery setup. I will have to get some. There's 4 Kinetic 1800's behind the amp/changer flip up "door" and one Kinetic 1400 up front in the stock location. 250lbs of batteries. BTW I ran an 8.81 in the 1/8 mile on slicks with all this shit in there for fun. I'm guessing somewhere in the 3300-3500lb range.

The door is hinged in the middle for easy access.

This is what they power.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

are those MiteK 7" midbass in the back?

MBQ tweets as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 05:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
are those MiteK 7" midbass in the back?

MBQ tweets as well?
Well, you were right on the size, 7" MTX RFL Circa '96 the tweets are old school Kicker soft domes.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

holy christ bizzar! lol
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Well, you were right on the size, 7" MTX RFL Circa '96 the tweets are old school Kicker soft domes.
I was also right on the 7" maker

Mitek Corp. = MTX

I know, I was asked to work from them in late 1997 @ IASCA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Premium Member

Thats why we we keep ya here, teach us old dogs something new each day.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

damn bizzar...how many freakin keyboards you got in there?(i know, all that and i notice the computer...what can i say i'm a computer geek)

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

OK I've seen stuff like that in SUVs before but I never thought I'd see it in a rex. Damn!

AndyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Are there any good diagrams or pics to hook-up and run the extra wireing to the rea for the extra? What about a list of stuff needed?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
OK I've seen stuff like that in SUVs before but I never thought I'd see it in a rex. Damn!
It's not a rex, it's a 92-95 hatch
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aramsey80

Dude that is a lot of crazyness!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in