4 Ch Amp DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default 4 Ch Amp DRIVING ME CRAZY HELP!

I was just remouting my amplifiers in my trunk today and my 4 channel amp started to clip when I connected everything again.

The amp doesn't go into protect mode.

- I am not blowing any fuses nor did I at all.
- I checked my RCA connections in different sequences
- The power and ground is connected solid

Everything was working fine right before I disconnected it.

I don't know the next step in troubleshooting any advice?
95 R-81 Cx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Do a check on all the speakers for proper ohm load and make sure they aren't making a connection to ground anywhere.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody

Every speaker is set-up 4ohm single and there's nothing being grounded.

I really think that this is an amplifier problem now.

Could not having enough power starve the amp causing it to clip? The amp would hit so much harder before I relocated everything.

What different problems could I run into with a dying amplifier?

Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

It's gotta be the amp. I tried my mono block and swapped power and grounds and rca's and everything else thumps hard. Just the 4 channel is crackling when turned up to a point. What could be wrong internally in the amp does anyone have experience with repairing these things?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 kc8enb05 is learning the way of the Dkc8enb05 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kc8enb05 Send a message via MSN to kc8enb05 Send a message via Yahoo to kc8enb05

what amp model r u dealing with?

kc8enb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

How long is your ground and what size wire to how many watts are you using.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 04:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ground is about 1 foot long 10 gauge, 4x40rms at 4ohms. Fuse is rated at 40amps. It's and old school Sony Xm-450 which I got from my dad for free.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

An easy check is to borrow a buddy's amp and hook everything up (or throw your amp in his ride) and if you get problems with his then you know it's something in your car and not the amp. That way you can start narrowing everything down.
Make sure you scrape off the paint for the ground also.
AndyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Wiring is good because I run two seperate ground cables and power supply cables for my MONO block and my 4channel amp.

Oh and one more thing I noticed, when I hook up the remote to both amps and turn the system off the monoblock amp stays powered on while the 4 channel is off.

Both amps will play and the mono block has no problems whatsoever but the 4 channel will continue to clip and cut-out.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 R-81 Cx View Post
Sony Xm-450 .
damn sorry to tell you but this is one of your problems sony car audio is garbage!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Already knew that, that's why I didn't wanna mention the amp. It was free, and my dad insisted so that's alright I'm not big on Sony anyways.

Anyways I got my amp working It turns out there was a loose rca input plate thing inside. It must have happened when I was messing with the mouting.

Thanks for the help everyone rep will be given and it sounds better than ever .
Old 05-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

2 grounds is a bad thing

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah it has some ground loop I went and picked up a ground distribution block and a fused power one as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in