Halogen lamp connector socket - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Halogen lamp connector socket

hi, i am installing a set of HID hi/lo, and i have to find the factory lamp connector socket...can anyone tell me where to find it in the car...i cant find it...picture would be a plus...lol...it's a 2000 civic dx

Last edited by bourgoinx; 05-15-2008 at 08:08 AM.
bourgoinx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Do you mean the socket that plugs into the headlight bulb? If so, just unplug the socket from the bulb.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

yea, just pull the black plug off the back of the headlight by pressing the tabs on either side and your golden.

for the hid kit, if it's plug and play, you just plug into your stock harness and mount the ballast. wham bam thank you ma'am!
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

no, it's not the plug that is directly on the bulb...it's the main one, the factory halogen lamp connector socket
Old 05-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Can you post a pic of your hid kit or the plug that the factory halogen lamp connector socket plugs into?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

ok here is the thing...i called honda and they said that i have to split the wires from the HID to the ones where I used to plug in the regular lights up-front. I have 3 wires from the HID kit and 3 from the stock wiring...makes sence...I have a white, blue and red/orange from my HID kit...which one goes where on the stock wires?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Oh man...you should have gotten a plug and play kit. That way all you have to is unplug the car harness and plug that into the harness that came with your hid kit.

But since you have this one, look at the manual that came with your kit. What does each color correspond to? Which one is ground, low beam, and hi beam? Also did it come with a relay harness to connect it to the battery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in