What is this hole for?... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

JPB-EJ1 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default What is this hole for?...

No sicko's, this extra hole in my headlights. It looks like it's for an additional bulb or something, but the one bulb already has high & low beam. Anyone??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JPB-EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

remember those platform shoes that had water and a goldfish in there, maybe its something like that.. you just need to find the fish at a carnival and some agua and a plug blammo. :noway:

but for real, i dont know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Sundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

They're for city lights..

I hope I dont get stabbed for using this picture

Notice how the headlight area lights up, but isnt very bright? Those are the city lights. They light up the bezels, but not as bright as headlights do. In Japan, they're useful because the streets are already sufficiently lit so there's no real need for the bright headlights. Its a courtesy thing

Last edited by Sundown; 05-11-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
remember those platform shoes that had water and a goldfish in there, maybe its something like that.. you just need to find the fish at a carnival and some agua and a plug blammo. :noway:

but for real, i dont know
Lol! yeah forget lcd screens in the headlights, that's out... noone's done live fish!!! FTW!

I wonder, anyone know if my headlights are USDM or sumpin' else?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Sundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enough

oh, and if you want to plug up that hole, you can use the socket for the ek (and maybe even the eg) license plate bulb. Its the same socket used for city lights and it will push in and lock in place perfectly..

They're not USDM btw.. They're from overseas, where exactly? dont know..
Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
They're for city lights..

I hope I dont get stabbed for using this picture

Notice how the headlight area lights up, but isnt very bright? Those are the city lights. They light up the bezels, but not as bright as headlights do. In Japan, they're useful because the streets are already sufficiently lit so there's no real need for the bright headlights. Its a courtesy thing
Don't get e-stabbed on my account! lol!

So these are JDM headlights then? That pic is nice! I wonder if I have a way to hook these up? Probably no wiring for them, anyone know?

Old 05-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

Has anyone here, wired these up to work, so you could drive with just your running light and these on?

Rep for you Sundown, thanks for learnin' me the ways!

Last edited by JPB-EJ1; 05-11-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

you could run wires to your light via the parking lights/running lights. my buddy hooked mine up for me. you could prob. get the 194 bulb sockets at the local parts store too.

Last edited by 96HXcrap; 05-11-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added
96HXcrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96HXcrap View Post
you could run wires to your light via the parking lights/running lights. my buddy hooked mine up for me. you could prob. get the 194 bulb sockets at the local parts store too.
I'm sure it would be easy enough to do. I think it would be cool to have 3 diff. stages of lighting. Thanks, I may do this later.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yep, I just tapped my parking lights for mine.. Works like a charm..
Old 05-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-C...s-P1008C0.aspx maybe this?

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory jordan View Post
nope, those are the side marker lights that you install on the front qtr. panels.
ya could use these too installed via the turn signals but not for this city light install. those are for side turn signal use. i guess if ya wanted to spend a bit more, you could get this and not have to wire up the sockets, but thats extra $$$ just to use/get the wire harness ya know. and then you still would have to cut the one end off and wire to the running/side lights onto of that . this would get you the sockets and the wire harness, but you'd be better off making your own.

After reading that ad, yes it can be used for either, but IMO just more $$ instead of DIY.

Last edited by 96HXcrap; 05-12-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added note
Old 05-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^Psst, My sidemarkers, licenseplate bulbs, and city lights all use the same bulbs and sockets

cory, the link you posted is probably the cleaner way to install these. Youre just going to find that the wires are a little long because they're supposed to reach to the fenders, but will only be reaching a few inches from the headlight socket
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 moozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to moozregie

hey looky what i found in the for sale forums
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89542
you might not have enough posts to view this
but you can send him a private message to buy it
says $30 in the listing
https://www.d-series.org/forums/priva...=newpm&u=10993
excuse me d-series if i am breaking any rules
just trying to help a member get what he needs

moozregie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 shoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yeah just tap into parking lights
fab cat back with magnaflow muffler
skunk2 stage 1 cam
aem cam gear
ported intake
60mm throttle body
B&M shifter
Tokico suspension
skunk2 coilover sleeves
Ebay adjustable camber plates
chipped ecu
shoyuburner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB-EJ1 View Post
I'm sure it would be easy enough to do. I think it would be cool to have 3 diff. stages of lighting. Thanks, I may do this later.
Yeah, ya could get that wiring kit, but it really was easy. I was going to do it myself, but he offered and did it better than I would have. So either way you go, good luck! they are pretty cool!! I got a set of aftermarkets h.lamps that came with these and the socket, so just had to wire it up. one of the coolest upgrades I think.

Once ya get em you can mess around with the lighting too. I had stock 194s and swapped to some cheap 194s super whites. I even tried some PIAA xtreme whites, but they were really bright and didnt have as cool glow as just the reg. bulbs or these cheap super whites.

Last edited by 96HXcrap; 05-12-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Happy LiL Trees....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96HXcrap View Post
Yeah, ya could get that wiring kit, but it really was easy. I was going to do it myself, but he offered and did it better than I would have. So either way you go, good luck! they are pretty cool!! I got a set of aftermarkets h.lamps that came with these and the socket, so just had to wire it up. one of the coolest upgrades I think.

Once ya get em you can mess around with the lighting too. I had stock 194s and swapped to some cheap 194s super whites. I even tried some PIAA xtreme whites, but they were really bright and didnt have as cool glow as just the reg. bulbs or these cheap super whites.

So the stock 194 bulbs seem to look the best? I wonder if a slight amber would look cool. Do you have your city lights hooked to a seperate switch, or just when you turn your running lights they come on?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ya city lights dont the euro civics come from the factory with them??
turbored is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbored View Post
Ya city lights dont the euro civics come from the factory with them??
well, in Japan they do and I think Europe and maybe Canada too but not the USDM. but if ya buy the JDMs headlamps, they are a hefty price!!!

Last edited by 96HXcrap; 05-12-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB-EJ1 View Post
So the stock 194 bulbs seem to look the best? I wonder if a slight amber would look cool. Do you have your city lights hooked to a seperate switch, or just when you turn your running lights they come on?
that pic SUNDOWN put up are stock bulb color for ex.

mine, they are hooked up so when the running lights are turned on. I have a switch for my under dash neon, so didn't want another switch just for these. I love PIAA, but these really made em bright. and city lights, are a low glow so, it was over-kill IMO. nice though, but too much. yeah, ya could try amber, can always change em out. it might look too much like the runnings though. Range rovers have these too and they look so cool on. :IHI:

if I knew how to add pic to these posts, Id show ya mine and the PIAA. but havent learned this advance skill yet. lol

Last edited by 96HXcrap; 05-12-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in