Alarm System? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Alarm System?

I was thinking about this.. I plan on getting a Viper Alarm system prob from best buy or somewhere like that .. and would it be smart to install the LED flashing status light somewhere that is not visible? My brother recently got one but you can see his by his gauges. I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to see because (i don't know if i'm right) but can't someone cut wires to disable the alarm? where if they don't know if it has an alarm or see a status light maybe they wouldn't know if there was an alarm and can't cut any wires?
JDMCivic00Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

It depends, if someone wants your car/stuff they will take it if it's got an alarm or not. Alarms are just a deterrent, not a guarantee. Alarms going off now days are so common that allot of people don't even pay attention to them anymore when they are going off. The LED can be a good or bad thing. Some people see them and it is enough to discourage them, other people see them and know there's an alarm on the car and they fuck with it just to make it go off. The main thing to look at when getting it installed is that you go to a reputable shop. If done properly, they can be very difficult to find the wires and brain of the alarm to disable it. But like I mentioned above, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it alarm or not.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I would leave it out. Because alot of stupid thieves dont even know what they are doing. If you had an alarm with the led showing they would think twice about stealing your rims or even mess with the car.
Tummz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummz View Post
I would leave it out. Because alot of stupid thieves dont even know what they are doing. If you had an alarm with the led showing they would think twice about stealing your rims or even mess with the car.
BULLSHIT! if a theif wants something they WILL take it! and if they are a pro at it, they dont let "theft detourant devices stop them. they know what is real and what isnt.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

a good alarm system is just a deterrent. it doesn't neccessarily stop theives. if you looked at my post a few weeks back somewhere on here, my window got busted out... possibly by my next door neighbor's bf and his friends as they were checking out my car as I was pulling out of the driveway the day it happened (i left my car in the driveway and drove off with my sister's car). the blinking led lights weren't visible, so there's no way he could have known there's an alarm system until he decided to break in. just remember to take the face plate off the stereo system and don't leave any loose valuables in the car.

Last edited by sxng9; 05-04-2008 at 02:13 PM.
sxng9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

A while back I had a viper alarm on my integra. I recently bought 3 new amps and set it in the trunk with my JL's and the led was flashing. Even though it was flashing got broken into and got my 3 amps stolen. A good thief can bypass almost anything.
CivicHatchEk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

i'm thinking about having my led hidden. if they don't know theres an alarm on it then they might set it off and then go try another car.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCivic00Ex View Post
i'm thinking about having my led hidden. if they don't know theres an alarm on it then they might set it off and then go try another car.
Don't bother hiding it, just tell them not to install it when they put the alarm in.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:

Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
Don't bother hiding it, just tell them not to install it when they put the alarm in.
damn. am i dumb or what? hah idk what i was thinking.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCivic00Ex View Post
damn. am i dumb or what? hah idk what i was thinking.
It happens lol
Quote:

Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 justinCO will become famous soon enoughjustinCO will become famous soon enoughjustinCO will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justinCO

I don't know if I would leave the LED off completely, you kind of need it for some things. The LED will tell you if the alarm is working right, or if what zone triggered a bypass notification during arming, or what zone was tripped last on the alarm, or if a zone/sensor is broken, etc...

A good installer means nothing without a good install. If you're going to have a retailer do it for you, at least have them install a backup battery for the alarm and a secondary siren in the car's cabin. Alarms can do a whole lot of things, be sure to get the most out of it, you'd be surprised what they can do. Also, installing the brain anywhere but under the dash is a bonus.

If you're a DIY'er I would highly suggest doing your own alarm install. I just did my own not too long ago with a Viper 5002, backup batt, additional sensor, etc. There is tons of howto information on the "stealth alarm install" on honda-tech, plenty to learn from to do it on your own.

If you're really concerned about your security of your car, you need to create multiple layers of theft prevention, not just slap in an alarm and call it good.

IE: PAGING alarm, backup batt' for redundancy, 2nd siren, alarm immobilizer, additional sensors (tilt, prox', glass, etc), 2ndary fuel/clutch kill, re-route hood cable, hood locks, battery re-locate, NRG lockable steering column...and i'm sure there is more. HTH.

Justin

|

site:
--- pics:
justinCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinCO View Post
I don't know if I would leave the LED off completely, you kind of need it for some things. The LED will tell you if the alarm is working right, or if what zone triggered a bypass notification during arming, or what zone was tripped last on the alarm, or if a zone/sensor is broken, etc...
This is a good reason to keep the led around. +1
CivicHatchEk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 rider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I would have the LED visible to let people know you have an alarm. Also get an alarm that has a two way remote, so if it goes off you'll know about it.. Plus a back battery for the brain.. That's what I have and since then no one has even tried to mess with it, and yes it's been broken into before I had my alarm. Plus me second alarm would be the sound of my Glock..

Old -
rider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 8_UR_AWD is learning the way of the D8_UR_AWD is learning the way of the D

Well... alarms will not stop thieves! It will only stop dumasses! Do it ur self its not that hard. But an alarm will not stop a thief from taking you car... You need the LED to see that alarm status or to see if its been broken into...

But an alarm is always + vs nothing!
8_UR_AWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

If they break in your Car, the Alarm Siren wires can be cut and no one will here it. The good thing is that Alarms come with Ignition Kill so they can't start your Car. But if the Brain of the Alarm is Removed, then the Ignition Kill will be Disabled and the Car turns on.

This can be good if your Remotes don't work anymore and you can't deactivate the Alarm no more. But Bad if a Thieve does it.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

wtf is up with the spam. wtf die!

also i was wondering since my 00 civic has that trunk lock on the inside(turn the key one way and the trunk can not be popped open until you put the key back in and turn it again) would it be smart to put the brain and whole alarm in my trunk? what about the siren? will it be heard?

Last edited by JDMCivic00Ex; 06-09-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hermit the Crab

Rep Power: 13 narkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

FYI the deck i'm sending you has a flashing LED that's visible when you remove the face, it's like having a fake alarm! LOL, but anyways I am looking at the same alarm at Best Buy if it's the one for like 230 something. The installer said they could add trunk sensor for like $30 same with the hood. Also if you have rims a good investment would be a tilt sensor but not mercury, so if someone jacks up your car it goes off. Theres multiple layer of security you can add to your car, but as everyone has said if a fuckin' thief wants your shit bad enough they WILL get it, no ifs ands of buts!!

P.S. ^^That shit is fucking disgusting:sadface:
OMG that looks like my mom!! LMFAO

2000 EX D16Y8
B&M Short Shifter
Exedy OEM
Fidanza Lite
Ground Control
Eibach Springs
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
AEM Intake
Quote:
Cam gears?? Do I need a spare for some reason??:noway:
MYSPACE....

RETURN THE REP!!

Last edited by narkicu187; 06-09-2008 at 01:16 PM.
narkicu187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Look into a Viper 791XV. 2-way pager so you'll know when someone is breaking in, as long as you're in a mile or so of your car.
k4rts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

Id have the led where you can see it...Also I would get one that has a 2-way pager..That way you know when it goes off..
JDMY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 8_UR_AWD is learning the way of the D8_UR_AWD is learning the way of the D

Best Buy and Cercuit city installers are dumfacks! Take it to a good known Audio shop! My 2 cents!
8_UR_AWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in