Gauges in Glovebox - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Gauges in Glovebox

I am looking to put 2 or 3 gauges in a panel in my glove box so i can either have the glove box open or closed to hide the gauges. I have seen this done on a few different cars but not on any civic. Anyone done this or have any pics of this so i can get an idea on how to mock one up
speed1100blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

my question is.... WHY? r u really gonna lean over while driving to check that shit out? i never understood why the passenger needs to be lookin at guages and not you..
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 d16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I wanted to do this at one point too, like the A/F, Volt, and some other non-esential gauges... but I decided not to, because if the gauges are non esentail, why have them in the first place, and if you do need them, make sure you can see them at all times.

An A pillar multi-gauge pod is the best in my oppinion.
It looks good, and it's easy to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
d16rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah i had an a pillar before on a different car it was ok i just have some gauges laying around and want to use them and i want something different
Old 04-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

At one time I know someone made a precut panel the fit in the glove box, but I haven't looked for one in awhile now.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

yeah i started looking online i have seen a few but they look kinda simple to make i was just seeing if anyone has made one or put one in
Old 04-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
my question is.... WHY? r u really gonna lean over while driving to check that shit out? i never understood why the passenger needs to be lookin at guages and not you..
for the tuner sitting in the passenger seat, while you street tune
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

haha putting gauges in places the driver cant easily see is worthless and just ricer.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
haha putting gauges in places the driver cant easily see is worthless and just ricer.
Now if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black :sadface:. You bitched and complained about Francois making useless post, neg repped him, and now you go and do it in someone else's thread? If you angle them right, they are very easy to see in the glove box. I thought about doing this at one time to hide the gauges so everybody and their fucking brother wouldn't try and race me.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

Last edited by vtecduck; 05-02-2008 at 06:46 PM.
vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

yeah ok go ahead and tell your self that. angle them all you want but you still have to turn your head to see them and every time you do that your eyes are off the road longer then if they was at a more logical location. my post wasnt useless it was truth and nothing at all like the truley worthless post franco made, you need to learn the true definition of the kettle calling the pot black so you dont look so silly next time you use it. thanks for the neg rep i returned it right back at yah.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX View Post
for the tuner sitting in the passenger seat, while you street tune
The tuner sees the data he needs to know on the computer screen when datalogging.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted91 View Post
Not when you have a navigator.

Someone has to watch the "other" gauges and man the radar jammers!

Cannonball Car for example

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 04:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

but hiding it in the glove box would be a good way to hide that your car had mods if someone was trying to break in. I was thinking if i went to turbo my car I would of tried to hide the gauges somewhere in teh dash area but make it really stealthy for people that would try to break in.
Tummz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
The tuner sees the data he needs to know on the computer screen when datalogging.
really??? didnt know hondata could read EGTs or oil pressure, plus i like a mechanical gauge for boost.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SterioFreak

Couldn't you just mount all of the gauges individually on the back of the glove box and angle them at you? Run the wires under the dash? No need for a panel.

I rep, you rep back.
You rep, I rep back.
SterioFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I dont see why you would want to mount them there..What if you had a passenger?The glove box would be in there knees..Its your car.Rock what you want.I think one of the easy was to do it is buy- pre cut a panel from cardboard.Then when your happy with it lay it in fiberglass..From there you can paint it what color you like and all that cool stuff..Good luck with it.
JDMY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in